Everything All-Star Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Hey as a kyle lowry fan and a raptor diehard I wholeheartedly agree wth you, but kyles attributes don't see the high light reels in the usa
    fair enough

Comment

Bro 3 times more players voted kyrie in over kyle. 3x, thinking hes having a better year. He was quite a ways back, in both votes. He's having a season as good as 2015 steph curry, his plus minus and on off numbers are amongst the best in the league. I know you're glad your boy got in but you and I both know who steers this ship, and being behind wall and 3 TIMES behind irving is frankly a joke
      Kyle Lowry is our starting PG... he's supposed to steer the ship!!! That's his job.... That's what point guards do!

Lowry is putting up 2015 Steph Curry like numbers but Demar was putting up Michael Jordan scoring numbers for much of the season before all-star voting....

Look the players, media and fans spoke. They disagree with you. It's sad, but it's life.
      Last edited by special1; Thu Jan 19, 2017, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        People don't care about emotion or leadership in the All-Star game. Lowry doesn't dunk or break ankles so to most he's not exciting.
        i guess those qualities are what i appreciate about westbrook who was very close to hardin and curry for starting in the west. russ being the better flyer but kyle the better shooter.

Comment

• Kyrie doesn't deserve to start. Even if I take my homerism out of the equation and that I genuinely believe Kyle is the best PG in the East, both Thomas and Kyle are clearly far more valuable to their teams and if you took LBJ off the Cavs they arguably wouldn't even be a Playoff team.

Comment

• one observation as far as the guards go all of them in the top six except for wade are having career seasons

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              Kyle Lowry is our starting PG... he's supposed to steer the ship!!! That's his job.... That's what point guards do!

Lowry is putting up 2015 Steph Curry like numbers but Demar was putting up Michael Jordan scoring numbers for much of the season before all-star voting....

Look the players, media and fans spoke. They disagree with you. It's sad, but it's life.
              So who steers the ship in San Antonio? Cleveland? Golden state? (It's durant) Milwaukee? What about jordans bulls or birds Celtics? The best player steers the ship, regardless of his position
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Fuck Kyrie.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

So who steers the ship in San Antonio? Cleveland? Golden state? (It's durant) Milwaukee? What about jordans bulls or birds Celtics? The best player steers the ship, regardless of his position
                  I noted that point guards are supposed to steer the ship. That's their job.

Is Kyle Lowry a first ballot hall of famer already? Why are we comparing him to the greats already?

You know this team is actually built around Demar right? You know Demar's the most unstoppable player on this team right? With Demar it's always been about his shot selection and when to get others involved.....You can't even argue that he doesn't get the most attention from the opposing team.... He is always guarded by the best defender.

I could argue that this whole thing falls apart without a guy like Demar to take on the usage and provide the consistent scoring that he does (while facing the best defenders and opposing teams focus).

Let's be honest, Demar has been consistently underrated by many on here and the same seem to be salty about his recognition league wide over Lowry. Meh.

Lowry will be an all-star anyways. Ain't no shame in getting voted in by the coaches.

Comment

Is Kyle Lowry a first ballot hall of famer already? Why are we comparing him to the greats already?

You know this team is actually built around Demar right? You know Demar's the most unstoppable player on this team right? With Demar it's always been about his shot selection and when to get others involved.....You can't even argue that he doesn't get the most attention from the opposing team.... He is always guarded by the best defender.

I could argue that this whole thing falls apart without a guy like Demar to take on the usage and provide the consistent scoring that he does (while facing the best defenders and opposing teams focus).

Let's be honest, Demar has been consistently underrated by many on here and the same seem to be salty about his recognition league wide over Lowry. Meh.

Lowry will be an all-star anyways. Ain't no shame in getting voted in by the coaches.
                    Watch the game. You seem to like the 6'7 wing who shoots and dunks. That's cool, that's who everybody likes. Those guys get the posters and the sneakers. But when you watch the entirety of the game, the ins and outs, the x's and o's, theres no comparison.

Demar is a world class scorer, no question. But watching the whole game, that's all he does. Lowry is a GOOD scorer, but lowry is a 6 ft ball of determination, good to great at every aspect. That's the difference.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Dude you're crazy. Lowry is the best player on this team without a doubt. This team goes as Lowry goes. Demar is great, but he doesn't impact the game the way Lowry does. They eye test, as well as the stats back up the assertion that Lowry is the best player on this team. He's a fucking superstar.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Can i rant here about all the people that keeps on whining about Westbrook not being named a starter?

Question, who would you take out? there are only 2 guard spot available. James Harden? Harden is having just as good a year as Westbrook if not better. Like i always say, LeBron James is the MVP, but James Harden right now is #2 on my MVP rankings. And btw, the Rockets have a better record than the Thunder.

So would you take out? Steph Curry? Steph Curry is the most exciting player in basketball. And oh, he's also the reigning MVP. A 2x NBA MVP. IMO is the 2nd best player in the game today.

Also, can we please stop all the "he's averaging triple double" bullshit like it's everything? If you're in the "Westbrook should start" corner just answer this: who would you take out of that group.

Btw, i voted for Curry and Harden as my WC backcourt.
                        Last edited by The Great One; Fri Jan 20, 2017, 04:31 AM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Can i rant here about all the people that keeps on whining about Westbrook not being named a starter?

Question, who would you take out? there are only 2 guard spot available. James Harden? Harden is having just as good a year as Westbrook if not better. Like i always say, LeBron James is the MVP, but James Harden right now is #2 on my MVP rankings. And btw, the Rockets have a better record than the Thunder.

So would you take out? Steph Curry? Steph Curry is the most exciting player in basketball. And oh, he's also the reigning MVP. A 2x NBA MVP. IMO is the 2nd best player in the game today.

Also, can we please stop all the "he's averaging triple double" bullshit like it's everything? If you're in the "Westbrook should start" corner just answer this: who would you take out of that group.

Btw, i voted for Curry and Harden as my WC backcourt.
                          Easy, you take out Curry as he'd have been voted in by coaches. Same thing with Kyrie out East.... but alas, people aren't seeing that Lowry is playing at a top 10 and MVP level this year.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Watch the game. You seem to like the 6'7 wing who shoots and dunks. That's cool, that's who everybody likes. Those guys get the posters and the sneakers. But when you watch the entirety of the game, the ins and outs, the x's and o's, theres no comparison.

Demar is a world class scorer, no question. But watching the whole game, that's all he does. Lowry is a GOOD scorer, but lowry is a 6 ft ball of determination, good to great at every aspect. That's the difference.
                            Lol

Here you go again with this "watch the game." It seems so salty to me.

That's right... you're the only one who watches the games. The players who play against them don't know anything either. The media who cover them are wrong.

It wasn't even that close man....Demar deserved to make it period. Obviously everyone else decided Kyrie Irving and Isiah Thomas deserved to start more than Lowry. Maybe they watch more of their games and see what you don't....

This urge for those to make it a Lowry vs. Demar thing is laughable as always. Focus on Lowry's competition at point guard and you have your reasons.

Demar being the best shooting guard in the East was a no brainer imo.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              Dude you're crazy. Lowry is the best player on this team without a doubt. This team goes as Lowry goes. Demar is great, but he doesn't impact the game the way Lowry does. They eye test, as well as the stats back up the assertion that Lowry is the best player on this team. He's a fucking superstar.
                              Am I crazy??? Haha

This is so pathetic. Dude accept the results.

It's an all-star game and "they" (fans, players and media) felt Demar deserved to be a starter based on his season to date.

Get over it.

Comment

Am I crazy??? Haha

This is so pathetic. Dude accept the results.

It's an all-star game and "they" (fans, players and media) felt Demar deserved to be a starter based on his season to date.

Get over it.
                                See, this is the point I was trying to make earlier. This is an all-star game. It's a no-defense scorefest. People want to see the best offensive players. They don't care about the Rudy Gobert's or Jae Crowders.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X