No announcement yet.

Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How crazy is that if Serge hadn't RAINED FUCKIN THREES yesterday... we'd all be planning new lives right now.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      After all we’ve been through this year, who would’ve thought that Serge would deliver like that AS A POWER FORWARD. lmfao

bravo Serge
      Bravo Serge indeed.. That said he played more inside, closer to the rim/low post and being the chief rebounder, while Gasol played on the perimeter/high post. Now to me that tells me on offence Ibaka looked like the C and Gasol the PF if we want to split hairs (even though on defence Gasol was guarding the opposing C)

Having said that, I certainly don't want to revive the "great RR debate of summer 2017" about Serge's role. All I care is he played great, had room in the paint without another teammate big in his way, and also had the freedom to step outside and hit those magnificent triples. If Nurse can get these 2 popping to the 3pt line or elbow for open jumpers, Bucks are in trouble...

Comment

How crazy is that if Serge hadn't RAINED FUCKIN THREES yesterday... we'd all be planning new lives right now.
        We needed a hero. A Congolese multilingual chef with a funny nickname to be precise. We needed...MA FUZZY

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

Damn. Kawhi is into some serious clapping there. The look on his face. Some other guys would be screaming "That's my dawg, right there. That's my MAN." But Kawhi is just walking along, clapping hard enough to crush granite and intently staring through three walls, watching people outside the arena walk down the street.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Damn. Kawhi is into some serious clapping there. The look on his face. Some other guys would be screaming "That's my dawg, right there. That's my MAN." But Kawhi is just walking along, clapping hard enough to crush granite and intently staring through three walls, watching people outside the arena walk down the street.
              That's a man clap. And those hands are massive. I mean if work=force x distance the power generated in those claps could cause a outage in the ACC. Kawhi better be careful.

Comment

• We've been hard on him over the last couple years, but Serge always WAS that missing big we were looking for. He's paying off in spades. We love you Ma Fuzzy!!

Raptors forward Serge Ibaka, the defensive anchor for that 2012 Thunder run, played only 14 minutes Sunday night — Nurse opting to dance with the starters that brought him — but inside the locker room, the 10-year veteran gave hope to the nearly hopeless.

After Game 2, he walked into the road locker room at the Fiserv Forum and found a team that seemed all too aware of the odds. “The energy was really down. Everybody was down,” he recalls. "We were supposed to win the first game and we didn’t win the first game. Then the second game, at some point they were up by like 26, 28.”

“It feels like sh--,” Ibaka said, recalling both times he faced a 2-0 deficit. But who better to find comfort in that familiar hopelessness than the walking 7 percent, one of the few men who knew — really, really knew — that the ink hadn’t dried on their stories. “I felt like we needed to hear something to give us belief, to know it’s not late, it’s not over yet,” he said.

Serge Ibaka hit a three-pointer with under one second left in the first half of Game 3.

So he told his teammates a long story, one that played out over four straight victories that led the Thunder to the Finals. Mostly, he just told them how it feels to be down and out, like you’re up against an impossible foe who won’t stop hitting impossible shots and kicking your ass all over the court.

“Me and Danny [Green] were playing on the Spurs, so we really didn’t like that,” Leonard joked after the game. The point, in a weird twisted way, is all three know it can be done. They have seen it. When the odds seem insurmountable, knowing they aren’t is half the battle. Maybe it’s easier to do the impossible twice. Maybe the first crack is what arms you with the resilience, the inner fortitude — the hope, really — to do it again.

“When something like that happens, it’s you against the world,” Ibaka said. “All you have to do is stick together and give everything. The guys did it tonight.”

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Loving what he’s bringin’.

Comment

• Mafuzzy's dunk destroyed the Bucks. Made Giannis mean-mugging look weak in comparison.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                        Mafuzzy's dunk destroyed the Bucks. Made Giannis mean-mugging look weak in comparison.
                        This should be a sticky for this thread.

Comment

• Shout-out to Serge for breaking the record of blocks in NBA finals history (6)!

Comment

• It's funny, Serge was sooooo bad for most of this one, then suddenly was incredibly good down the stretch. He's such an anomaly.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              It's funny, Serge was sooooo bad for most of this one, then suddenly was incredibly good down the stretch. He's such an anomaly.
                              When he's on, it feels like it's because of him we win a game. When he's off, oh boy it's terrible.

It's sort of like he needs to be involved in scoring and plays in order to "want it".

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                It's funny, Serge was sooooo bad for most of this one, then suddenly was incredibly good down the stretch. He's such an anomaly.
                                Serge is a lot like Powell. He needs a narrow role and consistency of players around him and more minutes to get into a rhythm. It takes him a while to adapt to changing situations. That's why I don't like the idea of McCaw eating into Powell's minutes. Just give them all to Powell.

Comment

Working...
                                X