Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    3 years in a row of aging subpar playoffs performance by Lowry cannot be overlooked nor understated. Lowry isn't all of the sudden going to "get it". No reason to shell out big huge amount of money when we expect a performance similar to Chris Paul yet we get performance similar to that of Jeff Teague.
    Two years in a row of the team being decent with Lowry on the court and a flaming pile of garbage with him sitting, and that's just in the playoffs. He's worth the max to this team at his current level of play. Only his age, possible pending decline, and question of fit/attitude elsewhere will suppress his value to sub-max on the market.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Do you mean 5/120? Just checking.

<25M a year for Lowry seems like it'd get beat by other teams like Denver and Minnesota that are fringe playoff teams that need PG upgrades. I'm all for that though I kind of want to rebuild and I think Lowry leaving is the only way that has any chance of happening.
      I mean 4/120. I agree that <25M a year would not likely fly, hence my suggestion of 4/120.

Lowry leaving is indeed the only way they rebuild, because Lowry is freaking awesome.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I seriously doubt we have the assets to get Jordan, though.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I mean 4/120. I agree that <25M a year would not likely fly, hence my suggestion of 4/120.

Lowry leaving is indeed the only way they rebuild, because Lowry is freaking awesome.
          Not having to give that fifth year would be good.

Comment

It's a smart negotiating tact except that the Raptors already have every intent of signing both of them, but only if it makes sense financially. Ujiri won't cave to any such trickery. He'll make his offers and they can take them or leave them, with the usual amount of wiggle room on specifics. But if they expect Ujiri to shell out big money for Ibaka to be able to keep Lowry, they are overestimating how much Masai is likely willing to give Lowry in the first place.
            Yeah it was a fun idea...but you don't pull a "gangster move" on Masai.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

So I assume you meant 3/80 not 4/80 then?

Comment

So I assume you meant 3/80 not 4/80 then?
                I also mean 4/80. For Ibaka.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I also mean 4/80. For Ibaka.
                  Ah that makes more sense. The last sentence only mentioned Lowry's name so didn't seem like it was referring to Serge.

I'd want to front-load those deals too or flat-rate them if we're re-signing but not sure if those guys would go for that.

Comment

• Going back to the thought of Lowry's/Ibaka's agent going all in with the both of them and walking if Raptor's don't match...If that is the case I think Ujiri needs to stand his ground within this negotiation. No way can you let the players/agents dictate the outcome of such magnitude for the next 4-5 years, Ujiri would be putting his job at risk.

If I was Ujiri and the agent tried his so called 'gangster move', I would pull off my own gangster move by letting them walk without flinching.

Comment

I seriously doubt we have the assets to get Jordan, though.
                      But JV is the GOAT!

I'm curious to see how much Noel signs for? $17m? Cojo for Noel at $17m > serge at $20m for a 1st + ross imo.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        Yeah it was a fun idea...but you don't pull a "gangster move" on Masai.
                        Unless masai's wife says hi to OG

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          But JV is the GOAT!

I'm curious to see how much Noel signs for? $17m? Cojo for Noel at $17m > serge at $20m for a 1st + ross imo.
                          Dallas is going to sign Noel long term. They traded a 1st rounder for him, they aren't letting him go.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                            Going back to the thought of Lowry's/Ibaka's agent going all in with the both of them and walking if Raptor's don't match...If that is the case I think Ujiri needs to stand his ground within this negotiation. No way can you let the players/agents dictate the outcome of such magnitude for the next 4-5 years, Ujiri would be putting his job at risk.

If I was Ujiri and the agent tried his so called 'gangster move', I would pull off my own gangster move by letting them walk without flinching.
                            It's just a silly concept. Ujiri will surely say out loud to Lowry and Ibaka the value of the contract he is offering. So how is the agent going to convince them to go elsewhere if he can't show them a better offer? And if he can, it's not that he strong-armed Ujiri, it's that Ujiri got outbid.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ah that makes more sense. The last sentence only mentioned Lowry's name so didn't seem like it was referring to Serge.

I'd want to front-load those deals too or flat-rate them if we're re-signing but not sure if those guys would go for that.
                              Yeah, I realized with that post that I had been unclear.

I'd be backloading them as much as possible. The window that matters is the next few years. After that, we'll be re-tooling at the least (if not re-building) and I won't much care if we are overpaying a declining Lowry/Ibaka.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Is DJ really impossible to get? If Blake leaves the Clippers, with DJ only having a year left I don't see why they wouldn't consider JV+CoJo+one of our prospects for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X