Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/stat...22986871902208

S&T for CJ Miles? Or just a salary dump?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      thats what I was thinking. If MU could recoup at least one 2nd rounder for Tucker, that would be pretty good.

But from HOU's perspective, why not just waive those non-guaranteed deals and then sign Nene? Why would they require the S&T scenario?
      I'd have to look it up, but I think there was a problem w Nene's contract being illegal due to the over 38 rule. Houston may be motivated to sign/trade for Tucker so they can give nene an exception or mle. I'm just going by headlines I haven't read much on it yet

Comment

• Houston doesn't have their own second rounder in 2018.. but they have the least favourable of Charlotte's, Miami's or Memphis'... and that could be a decent pick (high 40's instead of high 50's).

Not sure how anyone feels about Shump being a possible replacement for PJ. Cavs and Houston were trying to create a deal.. Cavs probably trying to lower their tax bill.

Shump could come here (he's got two years left @ about $10M per year.. his last year is a player option so he may only be a rental). S&T PJ to Houston.. Cavs get Houston's second rounder and the non-guaranteed contracts from Houston to help with their tax bill.

Houston can then sign Nene with the MLE.

Either way.. additional cap space/relief or a guy like Shumpert who's a pretty decent 3&D player off the bench might not be a terrible plan B.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/stat...22986871902208

S&T for CJ Miles? Or just a salary dump?

Why do the Raptors always trade PG's with the Pacers? I'm guessing its a dump though (if we can get Indiana's pick next year that would be a coup.. highly doubtful though).

Comment

• PJ gone, Cory rumour, Lowry and Ibaka yet to ink, there's something in the works here and I hope it's Paul Millsap!!

Comment

• I wonder if Lowry and Ibaka are simply looking for more money, or looking to get on a contender? With them taking their time, it makes it more difficult for Toronto to position themselves to make effective trades/signings. The Raptors are missing out on some potentially effective players while they wait for word from their free agents. Lowry and Ibaka have the right to take their time, but by waiting they may be hurting themselves in terms of advancing further.

Maybe it really is all about the money?

Interesting to see how Masai deals with all this. I am sure there is a plan B/C/D etc.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                PJ gone, Cory rumour, Lowry and Ibaka yet to ink, there's something in the works here and I hope it's Paul Millsap!!
                Pass the Kool-aid!

Comment

• I would love Tony Allen if we can dump Carroll
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Comment

• Three year term for Ibaka is good.

Comment

• That's about what we thought for serge. So Lowry 3/90?

Comment

• Now let's re-sign Kyle! Let's Go!!!!
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 3 years for Ibaka, Lowry rumoured to have a 3 year deal, and Derozan has 3 guaranteed years left plus a player option. #InMasaiWeTrust

Comment

• 3 years at 21.6 m is pretty good. I'm guessing Lowry follows shortly with 3 years at 27 m.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                That's about what we thought for serge. So Lowry 3/90?
                                Don't see Masai giving Kyle more than 3 years now. Seems pretty clear that he wants to be able to pivot cleanly if need be.

Comment

Working...
                                X