Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    20% is not a lot, especially when you factor in how many shots JV gets in our offence. And that number dropped even further in his 3rd and 4th year instead of climbing as it probably should have been.

It means he was basically putting up 1-2 jumpers per game, and since that number dropped even lower it probably meant the coaches didn't want him taking jumpers.
    "The coaches should all have encouraged JV to take more of what are literally the least efficient shots in basketball" - the internet

Comment

• I wonder what the possibility of landing JaMychel Green in a sign and trade would be. Article on realgm says they are looking at that option for him. PF who shot 38% from 3 last year and is just entering his prime at 27 years old. Maybe Memphis would bite on JV and try to groom him under Marc Gasol being that he's 32 years old and only likely has a couple good seasons left. They also don't have a decent backup PG so if they don't plan on tanking this year perhaps JV+Corey for JaMychel Green in a sign and trade could do it.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        True but the problem is losing assets for nothing and the reality of paying a premium to play in Toronto. At the end of the day we are a playoff team and we are fodder for CAVS unless LBJ gets injured. No different than Wizards or Celtics.
        The celtics are adding stars and top 5 picks every summer. The raptors have digressed and for the first time in the ujiri era it feels like we're out of ideas or a real plan on how to improve.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          "The coaches should all have encouraged JV to take more of what are literally the least efficient shots in basketball" - the internet
          Oh come on, you know it's not that simple. As a C with a nice shooting touch, yes they should have given him more attempts. A C who can shoot from 15-18 ft is very useful, nevermind how good it is if they can eventually stretch it out to the 3pt line. Instead they clearly wanted him to focus on banging down low. Then lo and behold, more bigs worked on and incorporated jumpers and 3s in the last couple of seasons to help stretch the floor for their teams, and all of a sudden they are encouraging JV to shoot more jumpers last season...so he's basically 3 years behind in his development as a shooter.

**For fuck sake don't give me shit about shots our coaching staff encourages when our highest usage players takes most of his shots from that same region and can't shoot the 3 effectively.

**oh and meanwhile Raps fans want to trade JV, Cojo and whatever else it takes to get Aldridge, who at this point might be better than JV only at taking long 2s.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jul 4, 2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Another potential backup 3 is off the market....

Comment

• FUCK THE CELTICS!!!!!!

Comment

• Celtics still gonna lose to the Cavs
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Any chance we can get Crowder off their hands now that they have a glut in the SF position?!

Comment

• Celtics need to let some FA's walk + dump a contract or two to make room for Hayward. Greene as FA and Jae Crowder as potential salary dump two of the guys who may be available.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Gerald Green would be a nice add for us.

Comment

• rapaholic wrote: View Post
                        Gerald Green would be a nice add for us.
                        Your new here so I will let this comment pass.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Your new here so I will let this comment pass.
                          LOL well he would be an upgrade over our current backup SF situation. Good 1 year deal. I know I'm new but I didn't comment on us having absolutely no chance of getting Jae Crowder in a trade LOL.

Comment

• rapaholic wrote: View Post
                            LOL well he would be an upgrade over our current backup SF situation. Good 1 year deal. I know I'm new but I didn't comment on us having absolutely no chance of getting Jae Crowder in a trade LOL.
                            His attitude is a downgrade, he is a cancer.

I rather have Nick Young, if we are already going to the bottom path.

Comment

• Kelly Olynk Anyone?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                His attitude is a downgrade, he is a cancer.
                                Played well in limited minutes in the playoffs this year. Haven't heard of him being a locker room cancer though.

Comment

Working...
                                X