Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c-troop wrote: View Post
    kawhi leonard
    RR Debby Downer - "Well we could have had him and I wanted him all along in the [insert draft year] but you see we messed up as always and drafted JV. I mean if I was GM I would've drafted him even though he was projected by 10000 experts to go in the mid round...."

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
      RR Debby Downer - "Well we could have had him and I wanted him all along in the [insert draft year] but you see we messed up as always and drafted JV. I mean if I was GM I would've drafted him even though he was projected by 10000 experts to go in the mid round...."
      hahaha nailed it

Comment

• We're going to watch 82 games of pretty good basketball. I'm not excited about the chances of us even winning the ECF, but I also understand what has happened given the constraints of MU's situation, and think he's done as well as could be expected, probably better than expected. Nothing wrong with that.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Carroll the scapegoat is out.

CJ Miles is on board so hopefully they don't just allow this guy to rot like the THE OTHER GUYS BEFORE HIM . Give him the fucking ball.

Like others before him, we are not paying him to just stand around while one man operates for 20 seconds to fish a foul.

Who now is our next scape goat?

I am sure it's Casey

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Toronto just re-signed Lowry, Derozan and Ibaka. Like, just days ago in two cases. Not even weeks. Days. This just fucking happened. It is the exact opposite of Atlanta. I mean, Fuck me.

Toronto just signed a FA. Just like yesterday. A quality free agent at below market. Exactly like Tucker and Patterson. I mean, exactly the same fucking thing.

Just ridiculous.
            Wait a sec, which free agent did we sign at below market value?

Comment

• Could we still make a play for LaMarcus Aldridge? The Spurs were always rumoured to have a lot of interest in JV basically since he got drafted, and Aldridge reportedly isn't happy there. A bit risky given that if a player's not happy on the Spurs, they might not be happy anywhere, but it could be a really good move. He's got a year left at $21M and then a player option so he fits into the window we have. If it doesn't work out he probably opts out anyway and we free up some financial flexibility. It's sort of like the OKC trade for Paul George. Effectively trading JV (and parts) for an "expiring" who is actually an all-star.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Could we still make a play for LaMarcus Aldridge? The Spurs were always rumoured to have a lot of interest in JV basically since he got drafted, and Aldridge reportedly isn't happy there. A bit risky given that if a player's not happy on the Spurs, they might not be happy anywhere, but it could be a really good move. He's got a year left at $21M and then a player option so he fits into the window we have. If it doesn't work out he probably opts out anyway and we free up some financial flexibility. It's sort of like the OKC trade for Paul George. Effectively trading JV (and parts) for an "expiring" who is actually an all-star.
                Very hard to make the salaries work now with the hard cap and no Cory. Plus, no extra assets to throw their way.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Very hard to make the salaries work now with the hard cap and no Cory. Plus, no extra assets to throw their way.
                  Cool, even less options to get better.

What's our cap number right now (iirc like $122M?) I've lost track with all the moves made the past few days.
                  Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Mon Jul 10, 2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Cool, even less options to get better.

What's our cap number right now (iirc like $122M?) I've lost track with all the moves made the past few days.
                    Yeah, with all bonuses in there (again, though, bonuses are murky on details so there is a margin of error here) I have them pegged at 121.9M, 3.4M short of the hard cap.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, with all bonuses in there (again, though, bonuses are murky on details so there is a margin of error here) I have them pegged at 121.9M, 3.4M short of the hard cap.
                      Is that including Hamilton at 3M?

Comment

Is that including Hamilton at 3M?
                        Hamilton at 1M. He was waived and stretched.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          If the way the summer league team is playing any indication of how the raps plan to play. JV doesn't fit. That pace is way too fast for him.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          It's not.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Lol, summer league isn't a reliable indicator of anything. This is a universal law of the land.

Comment

• So our roster right now is:

DeMar
                              Kyle
                              Miles
                              Ibaka
                              Jonas
                              Wright
                              Powell
                              Anunoby
                              Siakam
                              Poeltl
                              Bruno
                              FVV
                              McKinnie (unguaranteed)

Spotrac (they're more up-to-date than BI right now) has us at just under $119M. So that gives us about $6M of wiggle room under the apron. If we sent out JV and Bebe for example to the Spurs we could acquire Aldridge.

Comment

So our roster right now is:

DeMar
                                Kyle
                                Miles
                                Ibaka
                                Jonas
                                Wright
                                Powell
                                Anunoby
                                Siakam
                                Poeltl
                                Bruno
                                FVV
                                McKinnie (unguaranteed)

Spotrac (they're more up-to-date than BI right now) has us at just under $119M. So that gives us about $6M of wiggle room under the apron. If we sent out JV and Bebe for example to the Spurs we could acquire Aldridge.
                                Hard cap calculation includes bonuses. Bonuses are fuzzy but the Raps have between 2.5M and 3.7M in bonuses for DD and KL. Some other salaries are also modified for the tax calculation. So right now, assuming a minimum contract (McKinnie for now) takes over that 14th spot (roster minimum), Raps are at 120.7M with bonuses (the 2.5M value, so possibly even higher). Trading JV and BeBe for Aldridge would mean sending out $18.4M and taking back $24.7M, plus signing another minimum contract to reach the roster minimum again. So adding 7.8M in salary. That leaves them at 128.5M in the most conservative assessment, about 3M above the hard cap. We might be able to make it work if we can convince Aldridge to waive his trade kicker, but it would be by the skin of their teeth (about 100k), and even then, if the bonuses are even slightly higher than the lowest possible value, it won't work. So I don't think they are able to do it, but if they sent extra assets to the Spurs (IIRC they were interested in Bruno, so it could be Bruno, BeBe and JV for Aldridge, IF the bonuses are on the low end of the estimates).

It's way too tight to call with the fuzzy info we have on bonuses.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X