Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post
    So how long has Scott Perry been in Sactown? Just less than 3 months?
    119,520 minutes

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Sacramento.. Knicks... Perfect fit.

Patrick Ewing must be rolling in his grave.

NOTE: I know Ewing's not really dead....he's just dead inside thanks to Dolan.

Comment

• Doris Diaw sucks. Pass.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Sacramento.. Knicks... Perfect fit.

2 of the most poorly run franchises in the NBA' in the last 10 years poaching talent from each other lol At least the Kings have done a few interesting things recently but the Knicks are still stuck in mud.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Doris Diaw sucks. Pass.
            Its Bruno time to shine! Bruno needs to be baptized by fire and he needs minutes. That 3 year investment going on 4 needs to show something.

Comment

• What about Jonathon Simmons?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/WYAEEUuT3kg

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that the idea of getting Diaw is to waive him to create more cap space.

Comment

• Maybe nothing, but Pelton has an interesting take on the Jazz signings.

Utah has signed three players in the past 24 hours who will likely be reserves, adding Udoh to Jonas Jerebko and Thabo Sefolosha. The timing of those moves -- almost immediately after the NBA board of governors announced a reduction in the maximum number of timeouts per game from 18 to 14 -- is intriguing.

While the Jazz may have planned to spend their cap space on multiple contributors no matter what -- there really wasn't a free agent left on the market who made sense for Utah to spend it all on -- the rule change figures to make depth somewhat more important, particularly for a team that plays at altitude. After Gordon Hayward's departure, the Jazz's game plan is now clear. They're going to try to grind out wins with an elite defense and hope thinner teams wear out down the stretch against their ability to go two-deep or better at every position.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      What about Jonathon Simmons?
                      This.

Coming from the Spurs system..... Good defender. Hopefully Masai's interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        This.

Coming from the Spurs system..... Good defender. Hopefully Masai's interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        How much can we offer?
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          I'm pretty sure that the idea of getting Diaw is to waive him to create more cap space.
                          Interesting. Can you or DanH fill us in on what the cap ramifications that would have? i.e does it open more space to sign a player this summer or would it simply be another move to shed luxury tax in the short term and the thought of more flexibility down the line?

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            I'm pretty sure that the idea of getting Diaw is to waive him to create more cap space.
                            Have to send some one back that's making close to 7.5 for a salary match...only to cut Diaw...So 7m in and 7m out. Net zero and the Raps have lost an asset for 7 m in space when pretty much all the talent is gone. To boot With Carroll gone there are no more really bad contracts on Masai books.

Diaw's team option vests July 15 if Utah doesn't waive him. They're not going sign him , they'll waive him at one minute to midnight. So Diaw will be a 35 year old UFA in 48 hours. Think the Raps would talk to him then, if they are indeed interested, for the vet minimum of a million bucks.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jul 13, 2017, 07:48 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Well, Diaw has been cut now by Utah, so it's moot. But.

In theory, the Raptors could have traded Hamilton and BeBe (or just one of them) for Diaw (lots of flexibility as he fits inside the CoJo TPE), then waived Diaw. So that would clear 4M off the books at least, but at least 1.5M would go back on (you'd need to sign two guys to replace the two you dumped, so one minimum signing plus a BAE signing or trade opportunity). So for the final piece, you'd clear 2.5M further from the hard cap, meaning about 6M in room that you could use up by doing a trade where you absorb salary into the Carroll TPE.

But Utah was full up and clearly wanted to take on no money, so no deal.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Can we just sign JyMychael Green already or give him a qualifying offer

Comment

Working...
                                X