• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...t17vq8fd82u8ha

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      That's why I always say your players will always dictate the style of play. Coaches job is to maximize thier skillset. Who would you say is the best passer on the team Delon Wright?

They've tried in recent years to sign good passing bigs(Sully/Scola)on the cheap but, hasn't worked out. If Ibaka/JV are eating up the majority of the frontcourt minutes and Lowry/DD majority of the backcourt minutes. I don't see much change in the style of play. These players are who they are. All 4 of those guys think shot first and pass second.

Exhibit A: Greivis "I led the NBA in assists before coming to Toronto" Vasquez

Comment

That's why I always say your players will always dictate the style of play. Coaches job is to maximize thier skillset. Who would you say is the best passer on the team Delon Wright?

They've tried in recent years to sign good passing bigs(Sully/Scola)on the cheap but, hasn't worked out. If Ibaka/JV are eating up the majority of the frontcourt minutes and Lowry/DD majority of the backcourt minutes. I don't see much change in the style of play. These players are who they are. All 4 of those guys think shot first and pass second.

I agree with everything you said but bold. Your players should never dictate the style of play.(unless we have a flat out SUPERSTAR cough cough LeBron). It's up to the coach to run and adjust the system accordingly. Just look at the Spurs. They're committed to playing a winning basketball EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Spurs are like a well-oiled hedge fund. They don't really care about "market conditions" as they adjust every single year. And their only goal is to win in the playoffs. Spurs proven over and over again that players have to step out of their comfort zone to help already successful team win big. "Aim for the moon, if you miss, you may hit a star" mentality.
        Last edited by rocwell; Mon Jul 17, 2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...t17vq8fd82u8ha

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

but but but i thought i was biased for thinking the team would rather keep JV over Carroll.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              but but but i thought i was biased for thinking the team would rather keep JV over Carroll.

well it's obvious now that Masai wanted an asset for JV.

JV can still be a valuable role player. DeMarre Carroll = NY days Amare Stoudamire

Comment

well it's obvious now that Masai wanted an asset for JV.

JV can still be a valuable role player. DeMarre Carroll = NY days Amare Stoudamire
                yeah, and it was obvious then, too.

people on here going on about JV vs. DC in a salary dump, as if there was ever a question of who you'd pay assets to drop, was hilarious.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/887062085431119874
                  KHD wrote: View Post
                  yeah, and it was obvious then, too.

people on here going on about JV vs. DC in a salary dump, as if there was ever a question of who you'd pay assets to drop, was hilarious.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

A draft pick is an asset. It kinda surprised me that DC got traded. I thought he'll stay if PJ leaves.

Comment

• Only thing I'm hopeful for now is that the Raptors are one of those teams that Jamychal Green's agent said he had a S/T for.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

lol dude this doesn't contradict what i'm saying. it supports it.

Comment

Not willing to give up assets is pretty much the same thing as not wanting him.

His value is basically zero. Not negative, in that we have to attach assets like Carroll, but not positive in that he would actually return assets.

Comment

I agree with everything you said but bold. Your players should never dictate the style of play.(unless we have a flat out SUPERSTAR cough cough LeBron). It's up to the coach to run and adjust the system accordingly. Just look at the Spurs. They're committed to playing a winning basketball EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Spurs are like a well-oiled hedge fund. They don't really care about "market conditions" as they adjust every single year. And their only goal is to win in the playoffs. Spurs proven over and over again that players have to step out of their comfort zone to help already successful team win big. "Aim for the moon, if you miss, you may hit a star" mentality.
                            Even Spurs adjust. Spurs are running more ISO through Kawhi. Their AST% has been dropping for a few years now,
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Even Spurs adjust. Spurs are running more ISO through Kawhi. Their AST% has been dropping for a few years now,

Comment

Then Kawhi and his 2.9 ISO's per game are killing the Spurs?
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X