Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    How many of those are meaningless passes to the top of the key? Passes out of pressure only to set up and re-try an iso or to ask for a screen? Last ditch passes after wearing down the clock and dribbling into traffic?

There's a reason we're near the bottom in practically every passing/assist category, while DeMar and Kyle are near the top of field goals attempted with lots of dribbles and time of possession.

http://stats.nba.com/players/shots-d...3-6%20Dribbles

http://stats.nba.com/players/shots-d...%2B%20Dribbles
    This is fake news and alternative facts for all Derozan's fans.

Just like Trumpeteers, anything negative about their god are just white noise for them.

Waste of effort.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      Man what happened to the Kings? They've been very uncharacteristically "unkingsly" this off season. Did Vivek get deported or something?
      Kings did alright this offseason. They're Making Kings Great Again, I guess.

Comment

How many of those are meaningless passes to the top of the key? Passes out of pressure only to set up and re-try an iso or to ask for a screen? Last ditch passes after wearing down the clock and dribbling into traffic?

There's a reason we're near the bottom in practically every passing/assist category, while DeMar and Kyle are near the top of field goals attempted with lots of dribbles and time of possession.

I hope his fans are not fantasizing that he dribbles the ball/ consuming the shot clock while thinking ways and means how he can pass the ball and to who just like a playmaker...LOL.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          This is fake news and alternative facts for all Derozan's fans.

Just like Trumpeteers, anything negative about their god are just white noise for them.

Waste of effort.
          Your a clone of sen Joe McCarthy....hunting down all those Derozanists who subvert the Raptor way of life...
          Have a taco and a Margutitta and relax a little.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Your a clone of sen Joe McCarthy....hunting down all those Derozanists who subvert the Raptor way of life...
            Have a taco and a Margutitta and relax a little.

I vote this as the post of the offseason.

Nice one

Comment

We dribble too much, but Kyle isn't the issue - it's Casey's system. Norm, DD, Corey and Delon all dribble a ton. And Lowry should be shooting more, not less.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Fun fact - only 2 players had a higher PER than Russell Westbrook's 30.6.

Both have been waived this offseason.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Fun fact - only 2 players had a higher PER than Russell Westbrook's 30.6.

Both have been waived this offseason.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    So your trade theory is predicated on Toronto giving Memphis a piece of paper and Memphis gives Toronto a 27 year old PF with promise.
                    Two ends aren't close to a deal. Apparently its rub J Myke and his agent the wrong way. They just signed a European PF to a 3 mil deal yesterday. When they are pretty tight for money already. Somethings got to give.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just listened to the Masai presser. Sounded like he's done a 180 on his statements about ball movement and system change.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Two ends aren't close to a deal. Apparently its rub J Myke and his agent the wrong way. They just signed a European PF to a 3 mil deal yesterday. When they are pretty tight for money already. Somethings got to give.
                        With that being said, is there still a chance we could get our hands on this guy? To me, that would make our offseason completely successful.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          With that being said, is there still a chance we could get our hands on this guy? To me, that would make our offseason completely successful.
                          Unless we find a taker for JV, I doubt it.

Or if Green comes cheaper than expected, like 6-8M per year, and MEM is open to a SnT with BeBe going the other way.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            We dribble too much, but Kyle isn't the issue - it's Casey's system. Norm, DD, Corey and Delon all dribble a ton. And Lowry should be shooting more, not less.
                            Oh if we're blaming Casey I'm in complete agreement.

Comment

• At what point will you guys start pointing the finger at the guy who keeps retaining Casey and supporting him every step of the way. Masai is just as responsible for the way this team plays as Casey is at this point. The fact that some of you love Masai and hate Casey is funny to me. Those guys are working hand in hand. I think it's time most of you just accept it. No one is forcing Masai to keep Casey.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                At what point will you guys start pointing the finger at the guy who keeps retaining Casey and supporting him every step of the way. Masai is just as responsible for the way this team plays as Casey is at this point. The fact that some of you love Masai and hate Casey is funny to me. Those guys are working hand in hand. I think it's time most of you just accept it. No one is forcing Masai to keep Casey.
                                Yep. I'll admit I've actually been doing this myself until last season, but Masai has had PLENTY of opportunities to replace him (and could've done so with very little to no backlash I might add). It's who he wants coaching the team, clearly. And he can't be so stupid as to think that keeping Casey around is going to result in a radically different style of play. Casey has been coaching at the college and NBA level since 1979, he's not going to all of a sudden change after 40 years.

It's pretty clear at this point that Masai is ok with the style of play. It's good enough to get us a top 4 seed for the next few years with these players, it's good enough to win a round or two. And that's all the goal really is. You can see it from the spending, the reluctance to go into the tax to improve, the doubling down on a core that we KNOW cannot beat Cleveland, etc.

This is what Masai, MLSE and Casey all want. Not sure why people are singling out Casey as the culprit. He coaches the way he knows how and his bosses have no problem with it. What else is he supposed to do?

Comment

Working...
                                X