Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    They went to a team that has constantly had good culture/defensive system. I wonder how Ross did defensively in Orlando compared to Toronto.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Ross is the reason why Orlando shouldn't trade Biz. Fournier and Ross will share the court together next season. Biz will likely get back to Raps D numbers if Fournier holds his own

Comment

• Also, why y'all talking about Biz right now? We can't even trade with Orlando this year?

Comment

• Why are you even arguing about it? We can't trade with Magic. They got Jeff Weltman from us. We can't trade with them for a year.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          It's not obvious, though. Otherwise he wouldn't have brought up changing our offence at the end of season presser. Masai is a realist however. DD is fantastic at what he does - he's one of the 2 alpha dogs on the team and all-NBA. But building an offence to utilize his skillset is a daunting task. Thats why:

Source:https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playo...s-f6b9c8062500

As long as DD is here and his skillset doesn't change (i. e. becoming a league average or close 3 pt shooter) ISO offence will still predominate (even if a bit more ball movement is added) and the chances of any new coach coming in and building a more successful ISO offence are slim.
          No value but, appaerently had a lot of interest as free agent...I'm pretty sure Lakers would take him in a heartbeat. You guys will always try to find excuses. Nobody is forcing Masai's hand. Nice try though.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Also, why y'all talking about Biz right now? We can't even trade with Orlando this year?
            I brought him up as a stylistic equivalent to Nerlens Noel, expressing concern that since Ibaka/Biyombo was such a disaster in ORL, it would be very risky to move away from what we have to gamble that Noel/Ibaka wouldn't be a similar disaster.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              It really is grasping at straws to pull a frontcourt pairing from one of the worst teams in the NBA and then try to apply it to us. Just for one thing, Ibaka also had responsibilities as the #1 or #2 scoring option on that Magic team. It's a totally different situation.
              He said JV is a better defender than Siakam. He's been grasping for straws.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

No value but, appaerently had a lot of interest as free agent...I'm pretty sure Lakers would take him in a heartbeat. You guys will always try to find excuses. Nobody is forcing Masai's hand. Nice try though.

The Lakers were interested in him. They were also interested in Mozgov and Deng. That group got canned.
                I quoted someone who talks to executives. Too bad if you don't like it.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  The Lakers were interested in him. They were also interested in Mozgov and Deng. That group got canned.
                  I quoted someone who talks to executives. Too bad if you don't like it.
                  1 year ago*–*via*USA Today Sports

As for DeRozan, he has plenty of options on hold as well. The Lakers, who could wind up getting a meeting with DeRozan, in part, because he still resides there during the summer, are widely known to be very interested in making him part of their young core.The Clippers, Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, New York Knicks, and Orlando Magic are also hoping to lure him stateside

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/demar...n-free-agency/

And than he comes back and has an even better season.
                  Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jul 19, 2017, 12:19 PM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Biyombo was better defensively with the raps. Got worse when he went to Orlando. Serge was worse defensively in Orlando but, got better when he got to Toronto. You guys seeing a pattern here?

We have a better coach? Even, gasp, a good one?
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                      Masai thinks so.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jul 19, 2017, 01:22 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

They went to a team that has constantly had good culture/defensive system. I wonder how Ross did defensively in Orlando compared to Toronto.

This might be true. Interesting to note that Ross's assist numbers increased too
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Biyombo was better defensively with the raps. Got worse when he went to Orlando. Serge was worse defensively in Orlando but, got better when he got to Toronto. You guys seeing a pattern here?

Mess wrote: View Post
                          I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but it could be that both players were simply unmotivated playing on a shitty team. Especially since they both had just been uprooted from a good team.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but it could be that both players were simply unmotivated playing on a shitty team. Especially since they both had just been uprooted from a good team.
                            And yet each seemed motivated enough when not playing together.

Still, definitely a consideration. Just not concrete enough for me to consider the risk worth it.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              You could have also argued it was contract years for each as well.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I'd like to see Dan and Christian construct their own teams and play styles.. Dan would wind up with the spurs and Christian would end up with the Knicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X