• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    you gotta send in a workout video lol
    But I have a lot of volunteer work...

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Spare me. We outbid everybody by I'm guessing a fairly decent margin, handed this guy 60 million big ones, and he didn't go that extra mile. JYD 2.0 lol. Watch Kyle Lowry play basketball. Watch Demarre Carroll play basketball. Passive ass. But my hair look good right?
      Well no that's wrong again. We outbid Detroit by about a million per year. But he was injured at the time (got hurt late May). Then we brought him back way too fast from plantar fasciitis, overplayed him with no minutes restriction, likely causing imbalances, and then he had to get surgery in January 2016.

It was a clusterfuck from day one. But it's not as simple as "oh he just didn't want it bad enough." All the stuff he's saying has been discussed on this forum ad nauseam.

And even if you don't buy any of the injury or system talk, and want to believe he is just lazy, well then who gave a lazy player a $60 million contract in the first place?

Comment

• I think the Raps shot distribution is fine. Guys like Carroll and Patterson got plenty of shots IMO, and many of them great looks. But the problem with the offense, and much of what Carroll is alluding to I think, is that role players can go multiple consecutive offensive possessions without even touching the ball or even being involved in the offensive "process". The raps need to diversify a little more beyond the simple bigman/ballhandler PnR or exploit a mismatch in ISO offense. Keep more of the role players involved and they will likely maintain a higher level of interest. Looking back, Carroll didn't seem very interested last year, and even JV's and Patterson's interest may have dropped off last year from previous ones. Neither seemed as excited and hungry as they were the year prior. I can see it being easy to get sick of the same old shit when you're not a primary ballhandler on this team.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Well no that's wrong again. We outbid Detroit by about a million per year. But he was injured at the time (got hurt late May). Then we brought him back way too fast from plantar fasciitis, overplayed him with no minutes restriction, likely causing imbalances, and then he had to get surgery in January 2016.

It was a clusterfuck from day one. But it's not as simple as "oh he just didn't want it bad enough." All the stuff he's saying has been discussed on this forum ad nauseam.

And even if you don't buy any of the injury or system talk, and want to believe he is just lazy, well then who gave a lazy player a $60 million contract in the first place?
          See again I'm reading a pile of excuses. Injuries that apparently lasted 2 years, or shot selection/ball movement wasn't good. The guy was payed like a feature guy in 2015. His calling card coming in was supposedly his hustle, and his defense. Now I can accept that injuries and age effected his defense, but I never saw hustle.

I literally don't remember him diving on the floor once, or inviting contact, or battling hard for a rebound. Not once. Can you?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

See again I'm reading a pile of excuses. Injuries that apparently lasted 2 years, or shot selection/ball movement wasn't good. The guy was payed like a feature guy in 2015. His calling card coming in was supposedly his hustle, and his defense. Now I can accept that injuries and age effected his defense, but I never saw hustle.

I literally don't remember him diving on the floor once, or inviting contact, or battling hard for a rebound. Not once. Can you?
            Sure..... remember the time Carroll shoved Isaiah Thomas to the ground from behind? That showed a lot of JYD-like toughness, no? :-)

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

"You're not good enough to have an opinion." Hahaha Love it. Carroll was a waste of money, and he knows it.

Comment

• Which grade would you guys give to this offseason for the Raps?

Comment

I do actually have several recollections of him diving into the stands, while fighting his injuries,
                  to save a ball for virtually no reason. What a dumbass.

Reallllllll nice fuzzy slippers though. Fresh Demarre.

Culture change equaaaaaaals.... less time spent SHOPPPPPPPPING!!!!!

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Which grade would you guys give to this offseason for the Raps?
                    B. Without OG it would be a C at best.

Comment

• 1) Of course Carroll's analysis is correct
                      2) The issue is that he appears to be using it as an excuse. When you have to pay to get rid of a contract like the Raptor's had to get rid of his it is not just your teammates that have given up on you... It is the whole league. Time to deal with the issue!

Comment

• Damn PlayersTribune gonna kill everyone's sources soon

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Which grade would you guys give to this offseason for the Raps?
                          Probably a B. Did what was expected bringing back the two stars, made a nice draft pick (though that's mostly luck with him falling to us), made the right choice moving Carroll instead of JV, brought in a shooter; but also lost Patterson AND Tucker (I figured one would be gone), and had to pay a little more to move Carroll than I'd have hoped.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• I'd say C-. Team hasn't really improved at all. Made good financial decisions but basketball wise I'm not sure how we get better from here. Paid a bit too much for Lowry/Ibaka when we didn't have a ton of competition, although I'm fine with those deals. Have less assets to work with going forward.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

lol. JV saving money and already preparing for life after basketball....

Comment

Working...
                                X