Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Hate to say it but let Lowry walk.

He has physically broken down EVERY Playoffs...not one did he look right and he's on the wrong side of his 30s with those increasing injuries. Serge I don't mind keeping on a reasonable contract BUT we'd really need a complete reconstruction of the roster where we surrounded DeMar and Powell with shooters/defence. It's crazy the amount of roster moves that would be required to do so.

The other way is easier to do, harder to live through and with much more upside but far more risk and that of course is blowing it up. Let everybody walk and trade DeMar for some picks. Now what's crazier is I don't see our management ie/ Masai having the balls to do so. We didn't do it when it was so much easier so I doubt we do so now.

I think we will see Masai start a "reconstruction" of the team. Lowry will walk, Powell & DD will become the new pair and we will attempt to follow the way of the league with shooters, tread water with "new" plots and twists on Open Gym to ultimately we finally rebuild when that core doesn't even come close and Masai's contract is up, MLSE cashed in a bit more on a couple more Playoff runs, we trade DD with a couple years left on his contract and then the rebuild FINALLY takes place....at least that's what the lady with the crystal ball told me.
    I would be ok if they resigned ibaka and let Lowry walk. We would still be a playoff team. That said I think they resign everyone and make a major trade. I don't think any trade they make includes Demar. He is our Kobe. He will be on this team next year. Book it!

Comment

• Kind of went dark during the Cavs series.. just one thing I'd like to say.. LBJ is phenomenal. He's just too hard to beat. Raptors had to be perfect and without Lowry for two games that's near impossible.

So we're do we go from here?... have to just keep plugging away. I'd still bring back Kyle. Not bringing him back is insane. You can't give away stars.. that's how BC was burnt when Bosh left. Bring them back then trade them a year later. If Philly wants Lowry so bad then they have to pay for it. When Masai is ready to tank you do that by not giving your stars away for free.. you move them for assets. Like Ainge did with KG and Pierce. Like Masai did with Carmelo. And in this new CBA S&T's won't happen.

I'd like to go into tax and bring everyone back minus 2Pat.. and try to get a market created for Carroll some how.. even if it requires moving a kid like FVV, Siakam or even Bruno (possibly Powell, but I don't see Masai moving him). I think Brooklyn is the team that would take him.

I'd rather keep JV and find a new coach.. but if Casey has to stay for $$$ reasons then I'd like to move JV for a shooter. This core is not a championship core.. I'm not starved for a champion though.

I like having a team that makes the playoffs on a regular basis. Do this enough and maybe things break right for them. An LBJ injury could make any team in the East an NBA finalist.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...61572928786432

I'm guessing it's the Spurs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...61572928786432

Lol good luck, you're going to have it tougher there guarding guys like Curry, Westbrook, Harden and so on.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...61572928786432

If he cares about Allstar appearances he'll stay over here in the East lol

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Lol good luck, you're going to have it tougher there guarding guys like Curry, Westbrook, Harden and so on.
              tDotted wrote: View Post
              If he cares about Allstar appearances he'll stay over here in the East lol
              If it's a sign trade for LA from Spurs I'm cool with it.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

What's the appeal with heading West to Lowry? Just to get away from Lebron?

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                    What's the appeal with heading West to Lowry? Just to get away from Lebron?
                    Yup. A lot of stars going West.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Spurs
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Spurs
                        if they can afford lowry why wouldn't they go after CP3 first?

Comment

• He has to be thinking Spurs. No other team makes sense. That's the only team that I think of that is a better winning situation for him than the raps.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Kind of went dark during the Cavs series.. just one thing I'd like to say.. LBJ is phenomenal. He's just too hard to beat. Raptors had to be perfect and without Lowry for two games that's near impossible.

So we're do we go from here?... have to just keep plugging away. I'd still bring back Kyle. Not bringing him back is insane. You can't give away stars.. that's how BC was burnt when Bosh left. Bring them back then trade them a year later. If Philly wants Lowry so bad then they have to pay for it. When Masai is ready to tank you do that by not giving your stars away for free.. you move them for assets. Like Ainge did with KG and Pierce. Like Masai did with Carmelo. And in this new CBA S&T's won't happen.

I'd like to go into tax and bring everyone back minus 2Pat.. and try to get a market created for Carroll some how.. even if it requires moving a kid like FVV, Siakam or even Bruno (possibly Powell, but I don't see Masai moving him). I think Brooklyn is the team that would take him.

I'd rather keep JV and find a new coach.. but if Casey has to stay for $$$ reasons then I'd like to move JV for a shooter. This core is not a championship core.. I'm not starved for a champion though.

I like having a team that makes the playoffs on a regular basis. Do this enough and maybe things break right for them. An LBJ injury could make any team in the East an NBA finalist.
                            I wonder if JV would be enough to get Danny Green?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Yup. A lot of stars going West.
                              They do realize that the Warriors are an insurmountable hurdle in their own right, don't they?

Comment

I wonder if JV would be enough to get Danny Green?

danny green is more hot and cold than patrick patterson. he also seems to really really really need a coach like Pop to keep him on track

Comment

Working...
                                X