No announcement yet.

Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, a few more days and we enter September. A few more players will trickle into town and we will start getting little crumbs of news. First preseason game October 1st. Only 33 days to go.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Well, a few more days and we enter September. A few more players will trickle into town and we will start getting little crumbs of news. First preseason game October 1st. Only 33 days to go.
      Couldn't get here fast enough
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• 2K's top 10 PG's. I think they got it right.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• My only problem here is, I think Klay Thompson is better than Jimmy Butler. He should be #2.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Would love to see that too but Jackie McMillan of ESPN says the trade is far along to implode.
            Irving / Thomas deal reportedly finalised. Boston adds a 2020 2nd round pick to the deal.

Comment

• So Cav's lose Kyrie, and likely see LeBron walk....would they trade him to get something for him or I assume he has a no trade clause?

Either way it could come down to Tor vs Bos for top spot in the East for years to come (If James goes west).

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                So Cav's lose Kyrie, and likely see LeBron walk....would they trade him to get something for him or I assume he has a no trade clause?

Either way it could come down to Tor vs Bos for top spot in the East for years to come (If James goes west).
                I'm not sold on Lebron leaving just yet. They just netted themselves a whack-load of pieces for them to flip and re-load around Lebron. We'll just have to wait and see what they do.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  I'm not sold on Lebron leaving just yet. They just netted themselves a whack-load of pieces for them to flip and re-load around Lebron. We'll just have to wait and see what they do.
                  I am in the same camp of not so fast on Lebron leaving.
                  Agree that Cleveland just acquired more short term and long term help that shows the Cavs remain a stacked team for a while longer.

Other not so basketball related issues are:

James kids are now deep enough into schools and friends that this becomes a consideration.
                  Mrs. James..who Lebron went out with in high school likely has her immediate family close by and unlike the move to south beach nearly a decade ago they are older and less likely to travel. If Mrs. Lebron wants to stay..that is a damn big consideration.
                  California has the highest state tax in the Continental USA. Lebron makes lots but paying more taxes is never high on anyone's list.
                  Lebron has yet to drop a hint, subtweet or an interview directly from him on his intentions...

He may opt out...but it's hardly a slam dunk.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

What does he have left to gain by staying with the Cav's. It's all about championships and legacy at this point in his career and there is literally nobody the Cav's can add to that roster to put them on an even playing field with GS. LeBron to OKC, book it!

Comment

What does he have left to gain by staying with the Cav's. It's all about championships and legacy at this point in his career and there is literally nobody the Cav's can add to that roster to put them on an even playing field with GS. LeBron to OKC, book it!
                      Boogie

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Boogie

Would be forced to the bench when GS goes small.

Comment

Would be forced to the bench when GS goes small.
                          Boogie is not Jonas.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Brad Stevens may find it challenging this season IMO, a lot of new faces and rookies to deal with.

I am doubtful that Boston may come out of the gate leading the pack. Yes they are talented but It may take awhile for them to mesh.

Milwaukee could be the real sleeper.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Brad Stevens may find it challenging this season IMO, a lot of new faces and rookies to deal with.

I am doubtful that Boston may come out of the gate leading the pack. Yes they are talented but It may take awhile for them to mesh.

Milwaukee could be the real sleeper.
                              Even with the talent infusion, I think Boston will be hard pressed to do what they did last year. Losing Bradley and Crowder is going to hurt them more than the pundits are letting on.

Comment

Even with the talent infusion, I think Boston will be hard pressed to do what they did last year. Losing Bradley and Crowder is going to hurt them more than the pundits are letting on.
                                I totally agree. Maybe they can score at will but stopping the length of the Bucks and the dynamic duo of the Wizards could be a tall task. I also thought that Olynyk is a glue guy off the bench, losing him is huge for them.

Tatum and Brown have higher ceiling but it may take time for both to tap their full potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X