Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Kyrie's whole demeanor to me just came off as a bit arrogant and almost like he thought he was "too smart" for everyone. I got that vibe about the BOS introductory presser too. I admit I might be potentially overanalyzing but he really came across like he was trying to sound like Kobe, the same way when Kobe was young he used to copy some of the mannerisms of Jordan. To top it off his answers didn't even make sense and he knew him saying it wasn't about being the man but yet it wasn't all about winning hence why he left LeBron only to say it was about his "happiness" but didn't say what made him unhappy and supposedly they were making it too much about LeBron and he supposedly loved all his teammates. Kyrie is much better at playing around with the basketball than he is with words and logic. If anything LeBron must happy now.
    Bro I thought the exact same thing! He was trying to talk slowly in that low voice like Kobe did. Except he was saying so many nonsensical things lol

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Bro I thought the exact same thing! He was trying to talk slowly in that low voice like Kobe did. Except he was saying so many nonsensical things lol
      Kyrie was more convincing playing uncle Dru then Kyrie trying to look as his genuine self!

Comment

• So no training camp for OG, Bruno on thin ice, Bebe injured, and Powell to the bench.

Life of a Raptors fan lol.

Comment

• Just saw the interview. Casey didn't say anything about whose starting. All he said is that Miles will spread the floor for Deebo/Klow/JV. It's not like if Miles comes off the bench he wont play with those guys. He also said "We need to get some of our young player ready to contribute in that 2nd unit". I think it's obvious which young player will be left out.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Sep 19, 2017, 06:14 AM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            Miles will be used EXACTLY the way Ross was.

He'll come in with Delon the way Corey used to come in with Ross to play alongside Kyle. Casey has no creativity. If we haven't noticed we basically just reconfigured with different names that play the same roles. The lone exception is that Powell drives to the basket but when he initially got subbed in he was played as "3+D" that Carroll was supposed to be. But in general the usage will look very similar just majority of them have more length (minus Poeltl). In Casey's system...

Miles = Ross
            Delon = Corey
            Ibaka/Siakam = Patterson
            OG = Tucker
            Yak = Bebe
            Bruno = Stripes
            Bruno = Stripes

LMAO. smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              True. I'll give it until the first preseason game because maybe Powell will impress enough in camp to change his mind.
              i mean, i would say its a long season and surely they'd figure it out at some point, but then again casey started luis scola all year, so...

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Change his mind? He hasn't even made up his mind yet. The position is up for grabs. It's Norm's spot to lose at this point. Who ever has the better training camp will get first crack. Just the Scola/2pat situation.

you mean the situation where the guy who should have been starting got benched for a totally useless player all year (2x in a row) and then signed elsewhere for cheap? Sounds about right.
              Last edited by KHD; Tue Sep 19, 2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Nothing's obviously decided until after pre-season (Scola is a good example of this, as is Siakam; those decisions went the wrong way, and for nonsensical reasons, but were also not made at this point in those seasons), but that sound bite does seem to lean towards Miles starting. Plenty of room for hope though.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  i mean, i would say its a long season and surely they'd figure it out at some point, but then again casey started luis scola all year, so...

you mean the situation where the guy who should have been starting got benched for a totally useless player all year (2x in a row) and then signed elsewhere for cheap? Sounds about right.
                  He's a starter but, got payed like a reserve. What does that tell you? Powell is real starter material. He will prove it in training camp. You seem so sure of Casey, want to put a signature bet on it?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Nothing's obviously decided until after pre-season (Scola is a good example of this, as is Siakam; those decisions went the wrong way, and for nonsensical reasons, but were also not made at this point in those seasons), but that sound bite does seem to lean towards Miles starting. Plenty of room for hope though.
                    Hopefully Miles plays like trash in the preseason.

Comment

• What are these sound bites you guys are talking about?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        What are these sound bites you guys are talking about?

Check Josh Lewenberg's twitter feed. He has several clips from a Casey Q&A posted.

https://twitter.com/JLew1050
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Actually, some nice things from that Casey Q and A.

He explicitly says JV will be the starting C, and that Poeltl and BeBe will be battling for backup C minutes behind him (which to me suggests that Ibaka at C looks will be somewhat limited at least, so that's good).

Really sounds like Delon will get all of Cory's minutes, Casey threw in a Van Vleet mention but he was talking primarily about Wright.

He mentions that Siakam will compete for backup 4 (not sure who with). He mentions Norm when he's talking about young players who have to step up to new roles this year, but it's unclear if he's talking about him as a bench piece.

Talks about not reinventing the wheel with the offence, says they will look to move the ball side to side more, attack a moving defence, score earlier in the clock and pass more. More disciplined shot selection, specifically references something he calls a "shot spectrum", how they judge the quality of players' shots. Says he doesn't want to change who DeMar and Kyle are, but wants to make sure they use them and Serge efficiently - which hopefully speaks to fewer post ups for Serge, fewer isolations for the guards, more PnR looks.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            This is exactly what I fear.

I think people have gotten it backwards. I think Casey sees Powell as the new guy in the Ross role and Miles in the role Carroll was supposed to fill. Even though that's totally backwards because Ross/Miles are the shooters who are just average on defense while what Carroll was supposed to be/Powell are the better defensive guys who can still shoot but also make a few plays for you off the bounce.
                            Wasn't Ross in Carroll's role before he failed miserably and forced MU to look for a replacement for him in the starting unit?

Comment

• One thing I haven't heard anyone here talk about or analyze is the potential changes to the offence with the increased focus on shooting more 3 pointers this season. Do all the shooters get a green light? Any thoughts on this?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                One thing I haven't heard anyone here talk about or analyze is the potential changes to the offence with the increased focus on shooting more 3 pointers this season. Do all the shooters get a green light? Any thoughts on this?
                                I think all the shooters always had the green light. It's a matter of making sure the ball gets to the shooters.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X