Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Jakob Poeltl. He can be our Zaza Pachulia quite easily I'm sure
    I'm with you on that. Poeltl has impressive foot speed and is kind of smart when it comes to help defense. And plus it's not like we run plays for our 5s. Move JV for picks and no salary back if you can and easily plug in Poeltl in that space for that 20 or so minutes.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      I'm with you on that. Poeltl has impressive foot speed and is kind of smart when it comes to help defense. And plus it's not like we run plays for our 5s. Move JV for picks and no salary back if you can and easily plug in Poeltl in that space for that 20 or so minutes.
      Poetl has good basketball IQ BUT he is so thin.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Poetl has good basketball IQ BUT he is so thin.
        Hes not that thin...especially for a 21 year old.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• C would be okay but the concern would switch to PF again. Ibaka/Poeltl at C but then Ibaka/Patterson both gone from PF. New acquisition + Siakam? Siakam is a hustle player, but I'm not sold on his overall impact.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            C would be okay but the concern would switch to PF again. Ibaka/Poeltl at C but then Ibaka/Patterson both gone from PF. New acquisition + Siakam? Siakam is a hustle player, but I'm not sold on his overall impact.
            Passing on Skal for Siakam looks really bad now, in hindsight. I'm inclined to blame Casey for this. lol. Probably told Masai he needed an NBA ready high energy Biyombo type to fit his scramble system on defense.

Comment

• I'm not in favour of trading our 1st to move Demarre. Rather use bebe or cojo bc they only have 1yr left.
              I'd like to see masai continue to build his team with draft picks. Our core pieces are still Colangelo. Not sure if Tucker or Ibaka stay?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                I'm not in favour of trading our 1st to move Demarre. Rather use bebe or cojo bc they only have 1yr left.
                I'd like to see masai continue to build his team with draft picks. Our core pieces are still Colangelo. Not sure if Tucker or Ibaka stay?
                Masai made it sound like he'd keep Carroll and bank on his "recovery" towards 2014 Carroll. I honestly have no idea how that'll turn out. Too inconsistent on 3's, and too slow to guard at his position bc of his injuries.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Passing on Skal for Siakam looks really bad now, in hindsight. I'm inclined to blame Casey for this. lol. Probably told Masai he needed an NBA ready high energy Biyombo type to fit his scramble system on defense.
                  At some point the buck stops with Masai. If he's dumb enough to listen to Casey on personnel decisions, or to even keep Casey on after all this time, that's on him and no one else.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                    Masai made it sound like he'd keep Carroll and bank on his "recovery" towards 2014 Carroll. I honestly have no idea how that'll turn out. Too inconsistent on 3's, and too slow to guard at his position bc of his injuries.
                    I mean, at this point why not just bring Carroll back and see if the summer made him more productive? He's already worth essentially nothing. Maybe he plays better and we get more value in a trade. Maybe he's back to ATL Demarre. What's the harm?

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                      I mean, at this point why not just bring Carroll back and see if the summer made him more productive? He's already worth essentially nothing. Maybe he plays better and we get more value in a trade. Maybe he's back to ATL Demarre. What's the harm?
                      Norman Powell SHOULD be our starting SF next year. I'm tired of Carroll. How many more chances would you give this guy? It's not fair that we keep sitting Powell in favor of Carroll. Hell, Powell should've been starting this year.

1. Powell is a better OVERALL player than Carroll. It's not even close.
                      2. Better defensive player.
                      3. Better shooter.

Masai Ujiri has to find a way to unload Carroll's contract.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                        The harm lies in what else you do over the summer. If you go deep into the tax because you've kept Carroll, and are hoping to off-load him later for cap relief, if he doesn't improve enough to be a real asset, you're going to pay a lot more to unload him than you would initially - NBA GM's are savage when they smell blood in the water, and they all know who is looking to duck a tax bill. Add in that many teams will have the cap room early in the summer to take on a contract Carroll's size, but come the fall, that list probably shrinks to two or three, at best, giving them even more negotiating power in a trade.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Norman Powell SHOULD be our starting SF next year. I'm tired of Carroll. How many more chances would you give this guy? It's not fair that we keep sitting Powell in favor of Carroll. Hell, Powell should've been starting this year.

1. Powell is a better OVERALL player than Carroll. It's not even close.
                          2. Better defensive player.
                          3. Better shooter.

Masai Ujiri has to find a way to unload Carroll's contract.
                          Powell should get more minutes and a consistent role next season, but starting full time at SF is going to be tough for a player of his size. Either DeMar moves to SF and vacates the starting SG spot for Norm or Norm is going to have to come off the bench.

As much as it makes sense to move Carroll, if what MU said about him finally being healthy is true and they are moving to a ball movement type offence then who fits better on this roster, Carroll or Tucker?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Powell should get more minutes and a consistent role next season, but starting full time at SF is going to be tough for a player of his size.
                            My thoughts exactly. He doesn't need to start to impact the game.

Comment

• After a good stretch of games next season Carroll will be traded. I think at the first opportunity he looks healthy Masai will trade him. Right now his value is too low
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                After a good stretch of games next season Carroll will be traded. I think at the first opportunity he looks healthy Masai will trade him. Right now his value is too low
                                If that's the case, bet on the team letting a lot of talent walk via free agency, or dumping JV and CoJo instead. Masai won't put his back against the wall in trade negotiations trying to duck the tax.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X