Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    He is a free agent. But so are Lowry and Ibaka, both of whom are also presumably included in the assumed roster (especially Ibaka, who is included in the post I quoted).

And if we are defaulting to current roster players, then just swap Carroll in there. They'll play some small ball for sure.
    I think Lowry and Ibaka are and should be the priority, but get the feeling we'll be priced out by other teams for the services of Tucker. How much do you think we can realistically offer Tucker?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I think Lowry and Ibaka are and should be the priority, but get the feeling we'll be priced out by other teams for the services of Tucker. How much do you think we can realistically offer Tucker?
      I've been pegging him around 10M. I think that's as high as his market goes, with most other playoff teams probably preferring a) younger options and, if not, b) to offer an MLE-level deal.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think pjs max is around $25m/yr so he might get $12m as top $ and maybe come down to $10m if he liked the fit or got a better term.
        I have an easier time letting go of pat emotionally just bc we got mileage out him, whereas, we just paid assets for pj&Ibaka rentals. The potential difference between pj at $10m vs $12m is roughly Bebe's contract.
        I do think bebe and cojo have some value and masai has a knack for maxing a return on assets via trade. I'm really anticipating how he pulls a rabbit out of his hat this time...?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Big rotation of Ibaka, Amir, Poeltl, Bebe would be great defensively. Got a chance to be top 5 in D with those guys anchoring the D.
          Rebounding?

lewro wrote: View Post
          I think pjs max is around $25m/yr so he might get $12m as top $ and maybe come down to $10m if he liked the fit or got a better term.
          I have an easier time letting go of pat emotionally just bc we got mileage out him, whereas, we just paid assets for pj&Ibaka rentals. The potential difference between pj at $10m vs $12m is roughly Bebe's contract.
          I do think bebe and cojo have some value and masai has a knack for maxing a return on assets via trade. I'm really anticipating how he pulls a rabbit out of his hat this time...?
          IMO, PJ's market value dropped after the playoffs. Didn't have nearly the impact that we all hoped.
          Last edited by golden; Fri Jun 2, 2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Rebounding?

IMO, PJ's market value dropped after the playoffs. Didn't have nearly the impact that we all hoped.
            Raps rebounding was good when Ibaka was at C. Also most of our perimeter players are above average rebounders for thier position.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jun 2, 2017, 07:40 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Rebounding?

Yeah, I agree, that's probably right but if he signed for $8m then I'd expect a decent term and a player option.
              I think we have to cut him some slack that he guarded LeBron and Giannis; particularly, Giannis is not a good matchup for him. He did mean a lot to the team the last 20 games and his intangibles are valuable.

Comment

• Norm, Casey and Deebo had a meeting with Kyle Lowry last night in the Bay area.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Norm, Casey and Deebo had a meeting with Kyle Lowry last night in the Bay area.

Interesting, didn't DeMar say he wasn't going to ask Lowry about his free agency at all? Wonder if he said that thinking he was a lock to come back and now he isn't sure. Could just be talking about what they should work on this summer or something unrelated too, who knows.

Comment

Norm, Casey and Deebo had a meeting with Kyle Lowry last night in the Bay area.

Interesting, didn't DeMar say he wasn't going to ask Lowry about his free agency at all? Wonder if he said that thinking he was a lock to come back and now he isn't sure. Could just be talking about what they should work on this summer or something unrelated too, who knows.

Comment

• "Among Casey's objectives for the meeting, sources say, was to expose his players to the NBA Finals culture."

Comment

• What about trading Demarre to the Clippers. Also what about trading him to the blazers in return for a pick and Harkless?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          "Among Casey's objectives for the meeting, sources say, was to expose his players to the NBA Finals culture."

I don't mind this idea. It's kind of a motivation for them.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            I don't mind this idea. It's kind of a motivation for them.

Comment

What about trading Demarre to the Clippers. Also what about trading him to the blazers in return for a pick and Harkless?
                              Why would any team want Demarre?
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

What about trading Demarre to the Clippers. Also what about trading him to the blazers in return for a pick and Harkless?
                                Portland is trying to shed salary (they currently have the highest payroll in the NBA for the 17/18 season (there's a bar trivia question for you to stump people)).

The Blazers have three first round picks, and may include one to sweeten a deal - but Carroll makes more than Harkless so ....

Comment

Working...
                                X