Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    MU has been spitting nothing but hot air...supposed culture reset but then keeps Casey and wants to bring back Kyle and Ibaka. He is being nothing more than a talking head. Cant preach change then keep everything the same. His support of Carroll is sickening, just trying to validate the awful contract he handed out. If anything DC looked worse as the season progressed, the man has a broken wheel and is done (period).
    At this point, it seems likely that Masai's culture reset comment actually meant... "I reserve the right to fire Casey and blow up the Lowry/Derozan core at any time, but I'm actually not going to do that until next off-season."

Comment

• Do you really expect him to say Carroll is trash?

That doesn't help your ability to sell an asset. Our GM is Masai not Phil Jackson. Come on now. Additionally, GM gets one coach hire really. I dont see any better coaches on the market so why not let Casey play out his contract. My question is if it is the right time to really look at a rebuild.

I think Lebron James will be dominating for the next 4 years and so will the warriors. Lets not get it twisted. These teams will be in the NBA finals for the next 4-7 years. I think you treadmill until 3 years and start the rebuild then. If you start rebuilding now it will be to early.

Why would we let Lowry walk for nothing? I don't think that helps us. The only "bad" contract we have on our team is Carroll. He, through no fault of his own, has not been able to live up to the production expectations set on him coming in. If he returns, for one, would like to see him healthy and play consistently. I am not expecting anything crazy. Just 8-12 points a game and good solid defence. His legs have hampered him for the past 2 years. I really dont think he has had a solid bout of being 100% with us. He has fought through it for us but I don't like the hate he gets. I don't think he is the ATL player he used to be but yeah.

Style wise... I think we have SOME of the pieces we need to play a better style of basketball. ISO ball is useful at times but the teams that will win or should win are the teams that share the ball. Look at the Spurs before Leonard went down. They were on pace to seriously challenge the warriors.

I think we need to get someone like Marc Gasol. Meaning we need a big who can pass, shoot, and defend. They dont need to do it at an elite level. If we partner that beside Ibaka I think it will make a difference. I dont care if they play PF or C. That is what we need. We need to up our shooting and we need to up our passing ability. We actually played decent defence throughout the playoffs so that wasn't our issue. The issue was we were careless with the ball.

Comment

• I wish raptors would somehow get Skal Labissiere...

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
          I wish raptors would somehow get Skal Labissiere...
          Yeah I honestly thought we were going to get him with our second pick.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            Do you really expect him to say Carroll is trash?

That doesn't help your ability to sell an asset. Our GM is Masai not Phil Jackson. Come on now. Additionally, GM gets one coach hire really. I dont see any better coaches on the market so why not let Casey play out his contract. My question is if it is the right time to really look at a rebuild.

I think Lebron James will be dominating for the next 4 years and so will the warriors. Lets not get it twisted. These teams will be in the NBA finals for the next 4-7 years. I think you treadmill until 3 years and start the rebuild then. If you start rebuilding now it will be to early.

Why would we let Lowry walk for nothing? I don't think that helps us. The only "bad" contract we have on our team is Carroll. He, through no fault of his own, has not been able to live up to the production expectations set on him coming in. If he returns, for one, would like to see him healthy and play consistently. I am not expecting anything crazy. Just 8-12 points a game and good solid defence. His legs have hampered him for the past 2 years. I really dont think he has had a solid bout of being 100% with us. He has fought through it for us but I don't like the hate he gets. I don't think he is the ATL player he used to be but yeah.

Style wise... I think we have SOME of the pieces we need to play a better style of basketball. ISO ball is useful at times but the teams that will win or should win are the teams that share the ball. Look at the Spurs before Leonard went down. They were on pace to seriously challenge the warriors.

I think we need to get someone like Marc Gasol. Meaning we need a big who can pass, shoot, and defend. They dont need to do it at an elite level. If we partner that beside Ibaka I think it will make a difference. I dont care if they play PF or C. That is what we need. We need to up our shooting and we need to up our passing ability. We actually played decent defence throughout the playoffs so that wasn't our issue. The issue was we were careless with the ball.
            http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycw7acxm

Add as much picks as you need

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              lol we could only wish..

pretty sure they have faith in parsons and as for Gasol... yeah...

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                If that's the case Masai better not settle for anything less than LA coming back from the Spurs. If that's where Lowry wants to go. First option should be to resign him though.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                In order for numbers to work for CP3 or Kyle (30-35 mil), I believe Spurs would have to unload at least 2 of: Gasol, LA, Green & Parker.
                You can take out Parker as Pops is way to loyal.
                Could you get LA & Green in S/T for Kyle? Personally I'd do it, I doubt Pop does it (maybe for CP3).

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  I was thinking about a sign and trade though. Like Demar can play spot minutes at that position... we still have tucker.
                  You want to give him at his age 16-20 mil per?

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post

So... not sure where to put this. But it does raise an obvious question!
                    You did raise an obvious & interesting Q.
                    It also raises major differences in expectations.
                    Before we (or any other east team) can win a championship, we have to go by James. Nobody had any success in that last 7 years.
                    So what do we do?
                    Tank?
                    I dont think that will be necessary this year.
                    You see, Cavs are about to lose in 5 (likely).
                    Lebron is NOT interested in just coming out of east (which this Cavs team will likely do for next 3-4 years).
                    He wants to be the GOAT & for that he may have to win a few more titles. That, IMO is unlikely to happen with current Cavs & Warrior team.
                    What is next?

Cavs will have to make some important/sizable changes (since this current team is unlikely to unseat Warriors as it stands). How can they do that with current cap situation?
                    Who is expendable there? I would guess James & Irving are not, rest likely.
                    I can see Cavs getting desperate (esp since they do not have lot of choice).
                    If 1 or 2 of Love, TT, JR, Shump are traded, would Cavs still be heavy favorites to come out of East? Maybe.

What if they make sizable changes this off season, and chemistry next year sucks?
                    Would it be enough for us to bring Kyle, Serge & Tucker back (maybe send out JV & ....).
                    Can we take advantage of Cavs this off-season in a trade? Maybe trade/give then an important piece now for a future unprotected 1st? So even in 2022 or 2024? Those might be lottery pics.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                      In order for numbers to work for CP3 or Kyle (30-35 mil), I believe Spurs would have to unload at least 2 of: Gasol, LA, Green & Parker.
                      You can take out Parker as Pops is way to loyal.
                      Could you get LA & Green in S/T for Kyle? Personally I'd do it, I doubt Pop does it (maybe for CP3).
                      That would be a great return for Lowry.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Who's gonna be our pg? Surely you're not thinking of Joseph.

Comment

• I don't where to put this. But a it's a sad day for the pizza world

Sam Panopoulos (Inventor of the Hawaiian pizza) has passed away.

Did anybody here know, that Hawaiian pizza is from Canada? (Chatham, ON to be exact)

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
                            I don't where to put this. But a it's a sad day for the pizza world

Sam Panopoulos (Inventor of the Hawaiian pizza) has passed away.

Did anybody here know, that Hawaiian pizza is from Canada? (Chatham, ON to be exact)
                            RIP Mr. Panopoulos but this pizza is our worst invention ever. I bet insulin tastes better than Hawaiian pizza.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              RIP Mr. Panopoulos but this pizza is our worst invention ever. I bet insulin tastes better than Hawaiian pizza.
                              Blasphemy!

Hawaiian pizza is one of the best pizza ever!

Stop this crazy talk! Seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As Dan has noted a few times, changes in the CBA over the past couple of years has meant that there is no longer an advantage for the acquiring team in a Sign & Trade (which is why you don't see them happen with any great frequency any more). The Raptors can't resign Lowry to a five year deal (when all other teams can max out at four years) and then trade him to San Antonio. Sign and Trade players aren't eligible for the compensation (years/$$) afforded to them from their Bird rights.

In this case, the league would void Lowry's five year contract (since it now violates the CBA), and every other team in the league would know the Raptors aren't committed to keeping Lowry in the fold, and would increase the number of free agent suitors. If the Raptors had tried the S&T without Lowry's consent/knowledge (assuming the deal didn't have any no trade / movement clauses), this would likely piss off Lowry, and he wouldn't resign after his contract was voided (bad faith etc).

If Lowry wanted to sign with San Antonio, but the Spurs' caps issues were problematic, he could agree to sign with the Spurs, but allow the Spurs to offload contracts that they wanted to be rid of (rather than the contracts the Raptors would want in return for Lowry - which are likely completely different sets of players), before formally signing with the Spurs. That would leave the Spurs with a greater talent level (which would help the chances to win), as well as additional future assets (which most teams would prefer, rather than deal valuable assets to a team in a sign&trade for a player they could just sign regardless)

Comment

Working...
                                X