• Show
Clear All

• Boston, really?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Andrew Nicholson anyone?
      Hershey Centre he could be a big draw..,

Comment

• Remember that they're betting odds - Celtic fans are so delirious about signing Hayward that the bookies are going to make a ton of money from Bawston.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Andrew Nicholson anyone?
          We need rotational players not bench players. So no.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Would you trade Kyle Lowry for Kyrie Irving? be honest now lol.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Would you trade Kyle Lowry for Kyrie Irving? be honest now lol.
              Hell no.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Surprised people are so high on the Bucks. But at least we're ahead of the Sixers now.
                These odds are due for correction. Don't forget that offseason outright market odds only move when something big happens. Sharp action doesn't affect these markets.

Correct odds for Boston are 8/1 and for the Raptors 66/1 (based on bookies 5.5% profit margin).

If yall believe that Raps will make the playoffs this year, you should take that 140/1 if bookie offers a cashout option. Easy way to double your money.
                Last edited by rocwell; Wed Jul 26, 2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Would you trade Kyle Lowry for Kyrie Irving? be honest now lol.
                  No.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Hell no.
                    Why? please don't say Lowry is the better player.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lowry is the better player.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Because Lowry is the better player.

Irving is ridiculously overrated. He can score in volume, and has some limited playmaking ability, but that's it. We have one of those already.

Just take a gander at how great (read: not actually great) the Cavs play with Irving on the court without LeBron to carry him around.

Basically the only argument I can come up with why you might prefer Irving over Lowry is age - and considering a) the Raptors have a three year window here and the long term value of each player is fairly irrelevant to them and b) Irving has an opt-out after 2 seasons anyway and would likely bolt at that point, or at least require a likely massive pay increase, I just can't figure why the Raptors would do this. Unless they just really want to help the Cavs provide real help to LeBron and convince him to stay, thereby keeping a hard cap on the Raptors' ceiling for a while longer.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lowry is the better player.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Irving is very overrated. The only area of his game that's better than Lowry's is his handles & his age. Lowry is the better shooter, passer, defender & decision maker. He's proven he can lead a team without his biggest wingman, unlike Irving. The reason Irving is beloved is two reasons: 1. He was made out to be the successor to Lebron & 2. He now played with Lebron and that makes his numbers look better.

TBH, Irving is #4 on my Top 5 PG's of the East list... just slightly ahead of Kemba Walker. (Lowry, Wall, IT, Irving & Kemba).
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              Man, some of the VC dunks are crazy (that baseline OOB lob - damn) and they're not even good enough to make the highlight reels. And McGrady with 4 great blocks. Interesting though, the 1.9 blocks he averaged that season, his 3rd, would be his career high as he transitioned into his pure get-buckets mode - though he also was playing SG in Orlando as opposed to SF in Toronto.

Even though it's a different era today ("superteams" and such), and not knocking Grunwald, but I bet if Masai was the GM back then he could have convinced TMac to stay.

As far as brand of basketball, I did see an awful lot of long twos lol
                              Considering that both can legitimately take two or three people guarding them to school, they still have the mentality to pass the ball. Their range at that age were a sight to see.

Definitely those were exciting times. I was in my early teens and I remembered looking forward in watching every game. Never get bored and at the same time never get aggravated. I always have that feeling then that they can beat any team every night.

I have no doubt that Prime Vince and Prime Tmac together may have given the City the Larry O.

These days, the thinking is...Raps have a chance if Lebron breaks an achillles or either of Durant/ Klay/ Steph and Green would get a non healing toe infection.

It's laughable.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                Considering that both can legitimately take two or three people guarding them to school, they still have the mentality to pass the ball. Their range at that age were a sight to see.

Definitely those were exciting times. I was in my early teens and I remembered looking forward in watching every game. Never get bored and at the same time never get aggravated. I always have that feeling then that they can beat any team every night.

I have no doubt that Prime Vince and Prime Tmac together may have given the City the Larry O.

These days, the thinking is...Raps have a chance if Lebron breaks an achillles or either of Durant/ Klay/ Steph and Green would get a non healing toe infection.

It's laughable.
                                Well that wouldn't have changed. Vince couldn't win with Kidd, Prime Jefferson, T-Mac couldn't win and he had a good team around him. Them together? Maybe Finals but I don't see them beating Shaq and Kobe or Spurs
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X