Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

After months of waiting the time has finally come my friends....

Our Toronto Raptors host the Detroit Piston this coming Wednesday, October 26 @ 7:30pm.

Line Ups

Toronto
    Klye Lowry - CJ
    DeMar DeDrozan - TR
    DeMarre Carroll - NP
    Patrick Patterson - PS
    Jonas Valanciunas - JP

Detroit
    Some no name cause RJ is injured
    Another no name
    Stan Van ?
    Power Forward
    Hack a Drummond

Key Notes

Jared Sullinger is likely not playing on Wednesday
    - “Jared is still sore. He may be a little while before he comes back,” Dwane Casey
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Hopefully our team puts more effort into the game than OP did into this half-assed game thread.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Hopefully our team puts more effort into the game than OP did into this half-assed game thread.
        Really man?

It's just a game thread. Relax.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Really man?

It's just a game thread. Relax.
          Never. Our season is ruined. I'm going to live with the ducks.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Never. Our season is ruined. I'm going to live with the ducks.
            Good luck. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Comment

If the team plays halfway decently this should be a win. With Detroit missing their PG they are in trouble early in the season.

Really hope Siakam doesn't start. He mucks up the spacing as badly as Scola did, though for different reasons, and has been consistently lost defensively over the past few games. Give him a shot against bench players to get his feet wet, and don't give him major minutes - play Carroll at the 4 a lot, run lots of Powell and Ross at the three, lots of CoJo at the 2. This is the benefit of having a lot of multi position players on the roster and in the rotation - you can shift guys around and keep your best players playing a lot instead of relying on a young guy in the position of injury. We'll have some trouble at C if BeBe and Sully are both out (presumably they are), so Siakam might get time there (which is where I prefer him anyway), otherwise Jakob better come ready to play. Need Jonas to play a lot and play well - here's hoping he shakes off the rust of pre-season.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

I got a feeling it would be a slow start, it seems other then Lowry and Demar there are major chemistry issues still lingering. We will probably need our bench to step up for this one.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    I got a feeling it would be a slow start, it seems other then Lowry and Demar there are major chemistry issues still lingering. We will probably need our bench to step up for this one.
                    We always needed our bench to step up.

Comment

Detroit's weakness is our strengths. Too much of an advantage in the back court. Raptors will win.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        If the team plays halfway decently this should be a win. With Detroit missing their PG they are in trouble early in the season.

Really hope Siakam doesn't start. He mucks up the spacing as badly as Scola did, though for different reasons, and has been consistently lost defensively over the past few games. Give him a shot against bench players to get his feet wet, and don't give him major minutes - play Carroll at the 4 a lot, run lots of Powell and Ross at the three, lots of CoJo at the 2. This is the benefit of having a lot of multi position players on the roster and in the rotation - you can shift guys around and keep your best players playing a lot instead of relying on a young guy in the position of injury. We'll have some trouble at C if BeBe and Sully are both out (presumably they are), so Siakam might get time there (which is where I prefer him anyway), otherwise Jakob better come ready to play. Need Jonas to play a lot and play well - here's hoping he shakes off the rust of pre-season.
                        Agree with most of this.

Ross and Powell might have issues against some big 3s, but really, aside from LeBron/PG/Durant, how many guys is it they can't guard?
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Well Detroit does use some pretty big players at small forward sometimes like Tobias Harris and Marcus Morris. That could present a mismatch problem although it would work both ways so it should be fine.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            We always needed our bench to step up.
                            I consider that our biggest strength as well as our biggest weakness.

Comment

Easiest way for us to win: Get Ish into foul trouble. They don't have a PG besides him, really. The one thing that does scare me is that Detroit does have depth in terms of shooting, especially from 3. But you know what they say: You either live or die by the 3.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                              X