Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure I buy this. Cousins also wanted them to keep Malone.

Sacramento is a mess of a franchise.
    It's fairly common knowledge. I'm sure you could google it.

But yes, they are a mess in part because of moves like this. They sacrificed a great talent for the purpose of catering to another player. They frankly would have been better off keeping IT and trading Boogie.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      It's fairly common knowledge. I'm sure you could google it.

But yes, they are a mess in part because of moves like this. They sacrificed a great talent for the purpose of catering to another player. They frankly would have been better off keeping IT and trading Boogie.
      I did google it and it seems to just be a rumour.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/isai...s-one-got-away

Rumors swirled afterwards about Thomas’ departure of discourse was between he and Cousins, but neither has ever substantiated the claims. In fact, both have denied that there was a rift.

“That’s all this league is, what people think they know - 99 percent of the time, they don’t know,” Cousins said. “That’s my guy. I’m extremely happy for him. I’m happy for all of the success he’s gotten so far.”

To take it a step further, Thomas has even lobbied to have the Kings star center join him with the Celtics.

“If he came to Boston, that would be good, really good,” Thomas told the Sporting News over the summer. “The thing is, I’ve got his respect. I’ve always had that."

“When I was with him, I didn’t back down,” Thomas added in his conversation with the Sporting News. “I’m a point guard and that was my job. No matter if we did or didn’t get along off the court, on that court we were going to get along, and I was going to hold him accountable. That’s just how it is. It’s how I’ve always been. And he respects me for doing that.”
      Through multiple conversations with management at the time, it was clear that Sacramento’s front office didn’t value Thomas as a starting point guard and they also didn’t believe that he would willingly accept a role as a six-man.

Their valuation of Thomas was wrong.
      Its easy to blame it on Cousins but i think this one is squarely on their front office. They didn't value Thomas and they let him leave for nothing. We've seen instances where they don't listen to Cousins and don't even involve him in decisions (Like firing Malone and hiring Karl).......So this narrative that Cousins made them do it and that they were catering to Cousins sounds like BS to me.
      Last edited by special1; Sun Feb 5, 2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I did google it and it seems to just be a rumour.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/isai...s-one-got-away

Its easy to blame it on Cousins but i think this one is squarely on their front office. They didn't value Thomas and they let him leave for nothing. We've seen instances where they don't listen to Cousins and don't even involve him in decisions (Like firing Malone and hiring Karl).......So this narrative that Cousins made them do it and that they were catering to Cousins sounds like BS to me.
        There were multiple stories through IT's last season there about visible on court friction when Thomas would take shots in key moments instead of passing it to Cousins. As well as a strong narrative the next training camp about how much less the ball was sticking with Thomas gone. Now it's entirely possible this friction was superficial and Cousins didn't explicitly demand Thomas be shipped out. However it could easily be a front office saw on court friction between two guys and didnt want it to escalate, and chose to side with Cousins by trading Thomas.

Considering evveryone knows Cousins is a manchilad who pouts and whines when he doesnt get his way, it doesn't take a genius to connect the dots that IT would still most likely be there if Cousins didnt seem to clash with him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          There were multiple stories through IT's last season there about visible on court friction when Thomas would take shots in key moments instead of passing it to Cousins. As well as a strong narrative the next training camp about how much less the ball was sticking with Thomas gone. Now it's entirely possible this friction was superficial and Cousins didn't explicitly demand Thomas be shipped out. However it could easily be a front office saw on court friction between two guys and didnt want it to escalate, and chose to side with Cousins by trading Thomas.

Considering evveryone knows Cousins is a manchilad who pouts and whines when he doesnt get his way, it doesn't take a genius to connect the dots that IT would still most likely be there if Cousins didnt seem to clash with him.

Apparently, they didn't even see IT as a starting point guard and didn't want to pay him north of 5 million per year. That's not Cousins, that's the front office.

You obviously think it's ok for you state rumours as fact just because you don't like Cousins....

Also, why would IT (who actually went through the experience and knows MUCH more than you do) say that he would like Cousins to join him in Boston???

Like I said before.....I don't buy it.

Teammates can disagree/argue, etc. That doesn't mean that he wanted IT gone at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            What will you guys do when we beat Wizards on March 1st to capture our 10th straight win

I want a "Thank You Abbas" thread at MINIMUM
            One game at a time man lol

Comment

Apparently, they didn't even see IT as a starting point guard and didn't want to pay him north of 5 million per year. That's not Cousins, that's the front office.

You obviously think it's ok for you state rumours as fact just because you don't like Cousins....

Also, why would IT (who actually went through the experience and knows MUCH more than you do) say that he would like Cousins to join him in Boston???

Like I said before.....I don't buy it.

Teammates can disagree/argue, etc. That doesn't mean that he wanted IT gone at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              http://cowbellkingdom.com/sunday-mus...beef-rages-on/

Take a look at this

Again nothing explicit, but if you read between the lines is pretty clear there was some friction of some sort and the team probably acted that way at least partly due to that.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Feb 5, 2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                Anyone want to edited my essay for this Humanities/English Literature course ?

It's about Nietzsche
                golden wrote: View Post
                Who he play fo?
                How did Green Bay Packers legendary middle linebacker Ray Nietzsche become the subject of Lit course ?
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  How did Green Bay Packers legendary middle linebacker Ray Nietzsche become the subject of Lit course ?
                  I'm taking that as a no... no as in no one wants to edited my essay
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                    You need to be held accountable if your "prediction" turns out to be wrong. Any suggestions? A lifetime ban from starting game threads might be a good start...
                    Lifetime ban from RR.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Honestly, we'd probably let Abbas off with a warning & force him not to make a game thread until next season.

He's got too many inside sources, even if they are usually himself, for us to completely shut the guy down.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                        You need to be held accountable if your "prediction" turns out to be wrong. Any suggestions? A lifetime ban from starting game threads might be a good start...
                        A 500 word essay on why DeMar DeRozan should not be an all star.

I think Abbas might explode.

Comment

• A win! Yay. At this point, with these injuries, every win is a good win. Not much to glean from this one.

basketph wrote: View Post
                          Hello everyone, i am new here. But i think in this game raptors will come back on winning streak. They will regain ther confidence(a little bit at least) So good luck, and go Raptors.(Sorry. English not my first language). Oh, and Raps Win 103-94.
                          So, doesn't get much better than that, right?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            Honestly, we'd probably let Abbas off with a warning & force him not to make a game thread until next season.

He's got too many inside sources, even if they are usually himself, for us to completely shut the guy down.
                            The Kevin Rashidi of Raptors Republic
                            Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              A 500 word essay on why DeMar DeRozan should not be an all star.

I think Abbas might explode.
                              I would love to do this, however I cannot even think of one reason why he should not be an All-Star. I would not be able to argue the thesis.

Demar is a HOF lock. First Ballot.
                              Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Here's a wild prediction for tonight.....Cojo as the starting point guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X