Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    WSH is 8-14 on the road. Generally a bad sign.
    They're improving tho.

Comment

• Game 54: Toronto Raptors 109 - Minnesota Timberwolves 112

Hello RR! Your saviour back with another game thread!!!

I promised you guys a 10 game winning streak MINIMUM... 8 more wins in a row left

Raptors Projected Starting 5
      Kyle Lowry
      Demar DeRozan
      Carroll
      Bebe
      Jonas V.

Timberwolves Projected Starting 5

Guys who cannot shoot
      SG
      Guy who came into the league projected to be like Lebron/Tmac, now he's projected to be like Rudy Gay
      PF
      Pussy Kat

Keys to the game
      - Win 3 in a row
      - Win by a lot so Lowry can rest
      - Start making a "Thank You" for Abbas

Predictions
      - Raptors win by 10 or more
      - JV just misses another 20/10 game but gets 17/14
      - DeRozan has a 20+/5+/5+/2/1 game

You're Welcome RR

Best Regards
      Your Saviour Abbas
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Hey to be the negative nelly after a nice win..but at what point is it utterly ridiculous that powell isn't playing?
        He played the entire 4th Q. He's the new Patterson - doesn't start, but closes games in Carroll's place. Once Pat is back Carroll might be able to close again, but for now good to see Powell still finding minutes, though not many. Really think we're going to see some of the wing log jam cleared up at the deadline, but we'll have to live with limited minutes for Powell until then (as I doubt they trade Powell, so they'll want to have Carroll and Ross on display as much as possible). Not that that's Casey's thinking necessarily (he just locks into his depth chart and refuses to budge), but it works out.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          They're improving tho.
          WAS has been waltzing through a soft schedule of late. Raps are entering a similar stretch, while WAS is looking at a somewhat tougher stretch coming up.

Will be interesting to see how the two teams look come March, when they kick off the month playing each other twice in a home and home.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            DeMar IS the offense.
            Hehe this is why people need to be careful with on/off stats. They don't tell the whole story.

Comment

• Any word on 2Pat?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                Any word on 2Pat?
                Is there ever? It's always game time we find out, seems like. He's close, but I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out one more game - this Minnesota team is not great, and they play big a lot so you could survive with JV/BeBe out there quite a bit.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  Any word on 2Pat?

Comment

• Dangerous game. Wolves on a 4-game losing streak and playing at home.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      He played the entire 4th Q. He's the new Patterson - doesn't start, but closes games in Carroll's place. Once Pat is back Carroll might be able to close again, but for now good to see Powell still finding minutes, though not many. Really think we're going to see some of the wing log jam cleared up at the deadline, but we'll have to live with limited minutes for Powell until then (as I doubt they trade Powell, so they'll want to have Carroll and Ross on display as much as possible). Not that that's Casey's thinking necessarily (he just locks into his depth chart and refuses to budge), but it works out.
                      I don't really care about the reasoning. It's pretty black and white..he's better than cojo and carroll but they have a cushy rotation spot. Sends a terrible message when great play doesn't equal minutes. Pretty clear that politics and contracts take precidence.

I've given up thinking carroll will ever "be ready". He's a decent spot up shooter, but that's literally it. He's so awkward handling the ball. He gets into the paint and seems to just fling it at the net with his eyes closed..I'm actually SHOCKED when he makes a paint shot. I trust jv more handling the rock in the paint. That is um..not good
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Dangerous game. Wolves on a 4-game losing streak and playing at home.
                        Not worried. Raps getting back into a groove.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Trap game

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Not worried. Raps getting back into a groove.
                            We'll see. I need few more games to feel normal again.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I don't really care about the reasoning. It's pretty black and white..he's better than cojo and carroll but they have a cushy rotation spot. Sends a terrible message when great play doesn't equal minutes. Pretty clear that politics and contracts take precidence.

I've given up thinking carroll will ever "be ready". He's a decent spot up shooter, but that's literally it. He's so awkward handling the ball. He gets into the paint and seems to just fling it at the net with his eyes closed..I'm actually SHOCKED when he makes a paint shot. I trust jv more handling the rock in the paint. That is um..not good
                              Meh. Carroll is an absolutely awful ball handler. But that doesn't mean he's not a good player. His strengths lie elsewhere (which is actually good in that starting lineup, there's only so much ball to go around). Team uses him as a ball handler too often, is the issue.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Watching the highlights of the game, remember last night when i said it feels normal again? it was good to see DeMar's fiance back in the sideline doing her thing lol. Don't she was there when DeMar was injured. I missed the "3 seconds, 3 seconds" and the "5,4,3,2,1" LOL.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X