Everything Round 2: Toronto Raptors vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    If Tucker doesn't start tonight, then we can expect an early deficit.
    I'd be utterly shocked if Carroll doesn't start.

#CaseyGonnaCase
    Last edited by Nilanka; Mon May 1, 2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Have to EARN that respect. All 4 losses against the Cavs last year were all blowouts.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Have to EARN that respect. All 4 losses against the Cavs last year were all blowouts.
        That Raptors team would get swept by this Raptors team

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Heart says Raps in 6.

Brain says Cavs in 6.

Despite how poorly the Cavs played down the stretch, I can't help but feel they can go into "championship mode" whenever they need to. It would take a flawless series for the Raps to advance, and that 7-points-in-14-minute stretch closing out Milwaukee, left me wondering just how prepared we really are.
          ESPN BPI and 538 has the series pretty much a pick'em. If the Raps had a clear advantage at coach, then I'd actually favor the Raps in 7, slightly. But we already know that we'll give away one winnable game because Casey or the team will adjust too slowly to a new in-game tactic. And we have no margin for error.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nb...han-you-think/

The prediction
          I went Cavs in seven, and Ethan Skolnick was the only one of CBS Sports' writers bold enough to pick the Raptors. I admire his guts in making that call, but I couldn't bring myself to bet against LeBron. Cleveland's offense is so awesome that I'm not sure Toronto can stop it, but Cleveland's defense is so pedestrian that I'm not sure it can stop Toronto. The Utah Jazz showed Sunday you can beat big names and experience with clever game-planning and adaptability, and that's what the Raptors will have to rely on

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            ESPN BPI and 538 has the series pretty much a pick'em. If the Raps had a clear advantage at coach, then I'd actually favor the Raps in 7, slightly. But we already know that we'll give away one winnable game because Casey or the team will adjust too slowly to a new in-game tactic. And we have no margin for error.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nb...han-you-think/
            If only we were facing the Clippers this round

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              If only we were facing the Clippers this round
              An injured Clippers team at that

Comment

• We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA....no respek on our names.
                Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon May 1, 2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Plus we went down 2-1 vs the Bucks and blew a 25 point lead in Game 6.

The only way to shut people up is to play like a contender and not like a pretender.

Comment

• Let's get started. All this talk about predictions, respect and what the media is saying old already. Couldn't care less. All that matters is which team has more points in more games.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      If Tucker doesn't start tonight, then we can expect an early deficit.
                      The idea of starting Tucker is not a solid idea in my opinion. I mean, if we totally concentrate on L J then we might hurt ourselves hard if Irving and Love played their game - which I expect-
                      I think we must not be very occupied by stopping L J, as no one in the league right now, can stop him. I remember Phill Jackson when Lakers played against Sixers in the finals, Jackson threw many games on the shoulders of Iverson, and Iverson got tired by the end of every third period, then Tyron Lue was pressing him hard in the fourth period.
                      We should stop Irving, love and Smith from the perimeter, We need to force Cavs to play their starters for longer time as they do not have a solid bench.
                      I just hope JV does his magic in this series, they do not have anyone to stop him.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                        The idea of starting Tucker is not a solid idea in my opinion. I mean, if we totally concentrate on L J then we might hurt ourselves hard if Irving and Love played their game - which I expect-
                        I think we must not be very occupied by stopping L J, as no one in the league right now, can stop him. I remember Phill Jackson when Lakers played against Sixers in the finals, Jackson threw many games on the shoulders of Iverson, and Iverson got tired by the end of every third period, then Tyron Lue was pressing him hard in the fourth period.
                        We should stop Irving, love and Smith from the perimeter, We need to force Cavs to play their starters for longer time as they do not have a solid bench.
                        I just hope JV does his magic in this series, they do not have anyone to stop him.
                        The idea of starting tucker is that he's better than Carroll. Seems fairly simple to me.

Comment

• EDIT: Whoops. Wrong thread.
                          Last edited by rocwell; Mon May 1, 2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            The idea of starting tucker is that he's better than Carroll. Seems fairly simple to me.
                            That, plus at some point, one of those players will be on the court when LeBron is not. I'd prefer that to be Carroll, and save every Tucker minute for LeBron. Easiest way to make sure that happens is to start Tucker and make sure he sits down whenever LeBron does (sometimes earlier).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                              Our only chance of really beating Cleveland is to have strong individual performances on LeBron, and to a lesser extent Irving and Love. If the game is too easy for LeBron, then we have 0 chance. Carroll cannot guard LeBron. Right now, Carroll doesn't look particularly good at guarding anyone and Tucker is our best option at defending LeBron 1-on-1. LeBron is not going to get tired like Iverson did. He's too big, too strong, too fast, too athletic to let that even be a part of our strategy. Powell isn't really a great LeBron option but would be decent on Irving.

A line up of Lowry-DD-Powell-Tucker-Ibaka gives us 3 defenders that can matchup as well as anyone we can throw out there.

LeBron also has been home resting since April 23rd - the idea that we can shut down others and force him to beat us single handed and hope for fatigue is not a realistic option to me.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                That, plus at some point, one of those players will be on the court when LeBron is not. I'd prefer that to be Carroll, and save every Tucker minute for LeBron. Easiest way to make sure that happens is to start Tucker and make sure he sits down whenever LeBron does (sometimes earlier).
                                At which time you could use patterson on him. They should be trying to hide carroll and just use him 15 min a game as a spot up shooter. Wishful thinking

Comment

Working...
                                X