• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Raps W tonight.
    Best post I've read today
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JV is so much more comfortable against big bodies, he needs to spend the entire summer practising two things: his lateral foot speed defending the p'n'r and post ups vs smaller, quicker guys.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I hope Lowry clicks on ESPN.com and notes the article by Kevin Pelton asking if having the best player on your teams equals more playoff wins. The photo was of Giannis with Lowry in the background. It's an insider article which I don't have access to, but just looking at it made me think it was an insult to Lowry and something he could use to fuel himself for the rest of the playoffs. He needs to be the best player on the the court on either side.
        You can read insider articles by going to this link. This link stopped working for a couple of months but it seems to be working again.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          JV is so much more comfortable against big bodies, he needs to spend the entire summer practising two things: his lateral foot speed defending the p'n'r and post ups vs smaller, quicker guys.
          Neither of those things have really been a problem in this series though. And people need to get over the p'n'r thing. Pretty much no true Cs deal with it well and the p'n'r is one of the staple plays of bball for a reason: it's damn near impossible to consistently defend in the 2-on-2 game, and thus requires teams to get creative in how they defend it as a team.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Ours are horrible. There's 100 different ones and they're all horrible. It's like they found all these old dusty foot locker t shirt boxes from 1992 and want to get rid of them
            http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/...game-1.4072832

This season's opening-round games will stick to the plaid theme. The designs are first drawn up on a computer, then blocks of the design are tested on the arena seats.
            They don't look outside Toronto at what other arenas are doing, and they credit Ujiri as the engine that drives them.

"We like to do our own. We like to set the standard and we want to be different every year," Hosford said. "And frankly, that's from Masai He's like 'We're Toronto, we're outsiders.' It all goes back to 'We The North' and that statement.

"Obviously with buffalo plaid being very on-trend, it's great. But also, what else is 'We The North?' It really speaks to our statement. Masai loved that."
            https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.323be8a95d0c

“Our jobs are to create a reaction,” David Freeman, the marketing chief for team owner Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, told the Star. “I would rather have a negative reaction than no reaction at all.”

Comment

• Lol, they're being weird on purpose.

All of a sudden, I have an appreciation for the ridiculousness.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Lol, they're being weird on purpose.

All of a sudden, I have an appreciation for the ridiculousness.
                The cat in the sombrero drinking tequila that I posted is weird. These just plain suck.
                Ujiri seems like a guy with style. I can't believe for a second that he thinks these are cool.
                And on some level, having some dope shirts would get both fans and players jacked.
                These are just embarrassing and can only have a negative psychological impact.

Comment

• Think Jurassic Park will be sparse for this one.

Comment

• We're losing this game. Last win was a fluke. We hit way more shots than we normally do and on the road role players usually don't hit shots as well as at home, we still played like idiots down the stretch, we still left their shooters WIDE open down the stretch and got lucky that they missed and we still rely on Demar and Kyle to hit TOUGH shots down the stretch of close games instead of actually running a fucking play. Just painful to watch. Hopefully we finally start turning it around but is baffles me how unposed we are for the veteran team. We play so scared and so out of control still. Milwaukee has really impressed me man. Jason Kidd has those guys really playing smart and you can tell they truly believe they can beat us. They're playing with a confidence and control I didn't expect.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      Think Jurassic Park will be sparse for this one.
                      It was cancelled due to a potential thunderstorm tonight.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Extreme definition of sparse

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          We're losing this game. Last win was a fluke. We hit way more shots than we normally do and on the road role players usually don't hit shots as well as at home, we still played like idiots down the stretch, we still left their shooters WIDE open down the stretch and got lucky that they missed and we still rely on Demar and Kyle to hit TOUGH shots down the stretch of close games instead of actually running a fucking play. Just painful to watch. Hopefully we finally start turning it around but is baffles me how unposed we are for the veteran team. We play so scared and so out of control still. Milwaukee has really impressed me man. Jason Kidd has those guys really playing smart and you can tell they truly believe they can beat us. They're playing with a confidence and control I didn't expect.
                          The bucks have converted their wide open shots and free throws at an absolutely ridiculous rate. I don't expect that to continue. I still don't think the raps have played as well as they can while I feel like the bucks can't really play much better than they have.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              We're losing this game. Last win was a fluke. We hit way more shots than we normally do and on the road role players usually don't hit shots as well as at home, we still played like idiots down the stretch, we still left their shooters WIDE open down the stretch and got lucky that they missed and we still rely on Demar and Kyle to hit TOUGH shots down the stretch of close games instead of actually running a fucking play. Just painful to watch. Hopefully we finally start turning it around but is baffles me how unposed we are for the veteran team. We play so scared and so out of control still. Milwaukee has really impressed me man. Jason Kidd has those guys really playing smart and you can tell they truly believe they can beat us. They're playing with a confidence and control I didn't expect.

Comment

• Raptors are either gonna blow out the young bucks or totally implode.

Comment

Working...
                                X