Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Lower bowl looked sparse 10 min before tip and 5 minutes into the second half but this was an exciting game of dunks and 3's and great D. The crowd was all over it. Plenty of spontaneous "Let's go Raps". I think everyone is still a bit shell shocked from game 3. The crew on 590 (the ones who are usually ok) were lamenting the lack of a crowd in Jurassic park, trying to figure out why the city hasn't embraced the team. They forget we invented Maple Leaf square, have been doing it for years so maybe it's not so strange that there was a bigger crowd for the leafs who are in there for the first time in years.
    I'm hoping the fever picks up if we advance and play cleveland. It's always better with a RABID fan base
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
      I don't care how ugly it is, a game 6 win will do. Fuck Cleveland and their resting, we need two - three days of resting and practice at least
      Totally agree. If it goes 7 we may have to play at Cleveland Monday if win game 7. I just hope they don't come out like they did game 6 at Brooklyn 3 years ago and get down big. They need to remember that game 6 and game 3 in this series.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Totally agree. If it goes 7 we may have to play at Cleveland Monday if win game 7. I just hope they don't come out like they did game 6 at Brooklyn 3 years ago and get down big. They need to remember that game 6 and game 3 in this series.
        And every game 6 last year

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Lower bowl looked sparse 10 min before tip and 5 minutes into the second half but this was an exciting game of dunks and 3's and great D. The crowd was all over it. Plenty of spontaneous "Let's go Raps". I think everyone is still a bit shell shocked from game 3. The crew on 590 (the ones who are usually ok) were lamenting the lack of a crowd in Jurassic park, trying to figure out why the city hasn't embraced the team. They forget we invented Maple Leaf square, have been doing it for years so maybe it's not so strange that there was a bigger crowd for the leafs who are in there for the first time in years.
          I was in Jurrassic Park. The energy was really nice, but they've commercialized the shit out of the square and placed a ton of restrictions. That may be the reason of a more tempered crowd. The first year I went, it felt really spontaneous and with fewer restricitons.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• So good to see Demar isnt looking past this game when he talks about how this is a learning experience for the inexperienced bucks who dont understand this level like they do and they will be good in the future. Comparing raps to the nets from his first playoff series. No he's not looking past them at all talking about how they gotta be ready for Cleveland. Like does this guy ever learn? No wonder we are so inconsistent

Comment

• Guess who's hosting the nba awards this year

Should be interesting to see if he still acts like he's affiliated with the raptors whatsoever

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                So good to see Demar isnt looking past this game when he talks about how this is a learning experience for the inexperienced bucks who dont understand this level like they do and they will be good in the future. Comparing raps to the nets from his first playoff series. No he's not looking past them at all talking about how they gotta be ready for Cleveland. Like does this guy ever learn? No wonder we are so inconsistent
                He also said that he's going to approach this game like a Game 7.

This series is over.

Comment

• Anyone watched the Rockets-Thunder game? Really ugly basketball from the Thunder at the end there. It was just Westbrook bricking every shot every possession.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                    Anyone watched the Rockets-Thunder game? Really ugly basketball from the Thunder at the end there. It was just Westbrook bricking every shot every possession.
                    Kind of like Game 2..

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                      Anyone watched the Rockets-Thunder game? Really ugly basketball from the Thunder at the end there. It was just Westbrook bricking every shot every possession.
                      Yeah. Makes you wonder if they could have developed a better-balanced offense throughout the season, but they are who they are at this point (ie - live and die with Russ gunning). I think the bulk of their 4th quarter issues is that Russ is just absolutely exhausted at that point. I honestly think he carries as heavy a physical burden, game in and game out, as any player in the history of the league.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Let me get this straight- Raps fans complains alot about how they don't get any respect from the American media. Most of their playoff games are on NBA TV. But, fuck their OWN market don't even respect them.

This game is on Sportsnet One? AGAIN? G1 was on SN1 as well i believe. Who the fuck cares about the Penguins/Capitals?

The ONLY Canadian NBA basketball team is in the playoffs and have a 3-2 series lead and you're bumping them off of Sportsnet because of two hockey teams that nobody cares about?
                        Don't blame the networks. They're just catering to the majority of Canadian viewers, who sadly, don't give a shit about the Raptors or basketball in general.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Let me get this straight- Raps fans complains alot about how they don't get any respect from the American media. Most of their playoff games are on NBA TV. But, fuck their OWN market don't even respect them.

This game is on Sportsnet One? AGAIN? G1 was on SN1 as well i believe. Who the fuck cares about the Penguins/Capitals?

The ONLY Canadian NBA basketball team is in the playoffs and have a 3-2 series lead and you're bumping them off of Sportsnet because of two hockey teams that nobody cares about?
                          I sympathize with your viewpoint but I think this may well have been a contractual obligation. Sportsnet has also taken a financial kicking on the 5.5 billion deal they signed with the NHL (for 12 yrs.) and sold a lot of phone plans indicating their coverage of NHL games. That said I dont see why an arrangement couldn't be made with TSN for coverage (unpredictable scheduling of programming is an issue of course) in such eventuality. It would be interesting to see the difference in # of eyeballs between the 2 events.
                          Last edited by Bendit; Wed Apr 26, 2017, 11:36 AM. Reason: correct term of nhl contrct

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Don't blame the networks. They're just catering to the majority of Canadian viewers, who sadly, don't give a shit about the Raptors or basketball in general.

Sad but true. But also like Bendit said, let tsn have the raptors full time since they can't air hockey anymore. Tsn is better anyways

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Sad but true. But also like Bendit said, let tsn have the raptors full time since they can't air hockey anymore. Tsn is better anyways
                              TSN much better.... Jack > Leo

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Why cant they air hockey anymore?

Comment

Working...
                                X