Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri said "We need a culture reset"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Masai Ujiri said "We need a culture reset"

    What did he really mean with this statement...

    ...the team went away from the original stated (by him) intent that "we wanted teams playing the Raptors to not like it" (paraphrase)

    ...the team needs another culture

    ...is he referring to an on-court culture or an off-court one

    ...is it the style of play

    ...are there players not conforming to the existing culture and hence must change/go

    There are probably other possibilities.

    What is your take on what he is most perturbed about? One sure one is #poundtherock is no more Hallelujah!

    What would you like the culture of the team to be on the court?
    Last edited by Bendit; Tue May 9th, 2017, 06:19 PM.

  • #2
    I would guess he's referring to both playbook and mental toughness.

    Those 6 minute scoreless droughts happen far too often with this team because our offense is extremely prone to stagnation. And our players aren't seasoned enough to fight through it with high percentage looks, or dedication on the defensive end.

    Comment


    • #3
      He meant....

      Comment


      • #4
        Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I would guess he's referring to both playbook and mental toughness.

        Those 6 minute scoreless droughts happen far too often with this team because our offense is extremely prone to stagnation. And our players aren't seasoned enough to fight through it with high percentage looks, or dedication on the defensive end.
        Quite plausible but begs the question that your observation has been revealed on these boards with regularity in the last 2 seasons at least. Shouldn't MU have cued in on the issue ...if he was in fact referring to this...and intervened somehow.

        Comment


        • #5
          rocwell wrote: View Post
          He meant....

          That's what I feel but I am hoping it means Casey is done.

          Comment


          • #6
            He meant absolutely nothing. Masai put on his politician hat and told the fans what they wanted to hear. Masai won that press conference. He said a lot but, said nothing at the same time. Even after that press conference no one has any better idea on what he will do.

            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jul 19th, 2017, 04:54 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

            Comment


            • #7
              Apollo wrote: View Post
              That's what I feel but I am hoping it means Casey is done.
              Is that guy from your avatar coming to save us?

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah culture reset is a great buzzword that covers everything and nothing at the same time.

                2 things I'm damn sure of

                -there will be fairly significant change
                -masai and ownership are not interested in a full blown try and lose every game type of tear down
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  He meant absolutely nothing. Masai put on his politician hat and told the fans what they wanted to hear. Masai won that press conference. He said a lot but, said nothing at the same time. Even after that press conference no one has any better idea on what he will do.

                  Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  To be fair I thought MU was as animated and revealing on many issues (eg new instructions to Casey) thathe has never broached before. As usual he is encumbered by the public forum he speaks from and more importantly the season just ended and players pr to be considered. I have previously had a similar take as you...he is a master of saying stuff without too much revelation. But the subject of this thread I thought was different.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    -Get rid of/don't resign the softies on the team like Patterson and Carroll

                    -Replace Dwane with a coach who understands this era of basketball

                    -Add some more vets on the cheap if possible

                    (Mini) culture reset. Boom.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Complete culture change starting with coach and ending with cheerleaders.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The biggest takeaway I took from this presser compared to years past, is he's not putting the keys to the on court product solely in caseys hands anymore. IF he stays, this is the first time ever I got a sense he's on the hot seat, and will have to deal with meddling from Mr Ujiri about what he wants to see out there on offense
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          He doesn't want teams playing the Raptors to like it, but if you lose players like Biz and replace with Poeltl then what can you expect? He definitely has to sign Ibaka and Tucker if he wants to play that beat 'em up style. We had to lean pretty heavily on our rookie and sophmore players this year and you aren't going to get toughness from them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Yeah culture reset is a great buzzword that covers everything and nothing at the same time.

                            2 things I'm damn sure of

                            -there will be fairly significant change
                            -masai and ownership are not interested in a full blown try and lose every game type of tear down
                            Agree with this, and couldn't be happier. Bring the important pieces of the band back together. And let's see what a season of the modern nba with this team can bring you.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              The biggest takeaway I took from this presser compared to years past, is he's not putting the keys to the on court product solely in caseys hands anymore. IF he stays, this is the first time ever I got a sense he's on the hot seat, and will have to deal with meddling from Mr Ujiri about what he wants to see out there on offense
                              Gives me so much hope seeing this. In fact I'd say Casey is now coaching for his career. No one is hiring him as a head coach if he can't adapt to the new NBA.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X