No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri said "We need a culture reset"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks really bad on Casey from so many angles, tbh. Like, is Casey suddenly going to become Mike D'Antoni? Isn't Dwane supposed to be a self-proclaimed defensive coach? I mean, how does he explain 3-4 years of Masai going out and getting him defensive guys? How does he explain that the analytic geniuses / basement dwellers were right all along about the lack of ball movement / ISO / relying on FTs / DD's lack of 3-pt shot / predictable offense not going to work long term and when it matters?

Pretty tough position for Masai to put Casey in, i.e., change your entire coaching philosophy. If the same players come back then his credibility will be at an all-time low. Basically he's got to admit that what he's been preaching for 4 years has been wrong.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/st...08080075698176

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      I'm still unclear what Grange saw or heard that most others didn't, because to me Ujiri hasn't committed to a single thing other than changing the way they play. Not sure why he's chosen this hill to potentially die on.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        That was just Lowry making them better. We saw their true colors when Lowry was hurt this year.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        Yeah, that's why the Raptors' bench after the all star break plummeted all the way down to... 3rd in net rating, exactly the same ranking as before the break.

Good job, good effort.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

This looks really bad on Casey from so many angles, tbh. Like, is Casey suddenly going to become Mike D'Antoni? Isn't Dwane supposed to be a self-proclaimed defensive coach? I mean, how does he explain 3-4 years of Masai going out and getting him defensive guys? How does he explain that the analytic geniuses / basement dwellers were right all along about the lack of ball movement / ISO / relying on FTs / DD's lack of 3-pt shot / predictable offense not going to work long term and when it matters?

Pretty tough position for Masai to put Casey in, i.e., change your entire coaching philosophy. If the same players come back then his credibility will be at an all-time low. Basically he's got to admit that what he's been preaching for 4 years has been wrong.
          That can be managed. Lots of organizations use old guard guys to sell change. The problem here is that handling change is all about leadership. If no one buys that Casey is leading the way, it won't work. Looks like we might find out.......

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            I'm still unclear what Grange saw or heard that most others didn't, because to me Ujiri hasn't committed to a single thing other than changing the way they play. Not sure why he's chosen this hill to potentially die on.
            Grange is pretty dialled in at MLSE. I'm inclined to trust his read of the situation when it comes to management stuff there. But, I agree with you, I certainly didn't hear what he did. But he likely has more context than we do.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Yeah, that's why the Raptors' bench after the all star break plummeted all the way down to... 3rd in net rating, exactly the same ranking as before the break.

Good job, good effort.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                One positive thing if Raptors tank is that we won't see doomsday GLF comments
                Lol I'll still be here don't worry. I've been following the Raps for 10 plus years and they've been crap 90% of it so this ain't nothing lol
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                  I'd have to go back and watch it for the exact time but I think near the beginning of Masai's press conference yesterday he said "I was talking to grange earlier" (and went on to answer question)

Comment

If Casey is still here Raptors are going no where in the playoffs. Simple as that. You cant teach an old dog new tricks. He's still going to play the wrong players, he's still going to put the wrong lineups together and he can try all he wants to change but he's never going to have an offensive system that involves everyone. Masai's an idiot for keeping this guy. Cause it's clear as day he's going to give Casey another chance. Only God knows why
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• In Masai's presser, I take comfort in him saying, in response to questions about Kyle and Casey butting heads, "At the end of the day Kyle is all about winning.We can talk all that we want, (but) we want to win here. That's what we want to do, we want to win here. And we're going to figure out a way to win here." He said it passionately, making eye contact all the time.

Trust him or not? I trust masai. He is going to do what he thinks needs to be done to win.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        Lol I'll still be here don't worry. I've been following the Raps for 10 plus years and they've been crap 90% of it so this ain't nothing lol
                        lol sorry GLF. it's time for culture reset on RR
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          In Masai's presser, I take comfort in him saying, in response to questions about Kyle and Casey butting heads, "At the end of the day Kyle is all about winning.We can talk all that we want, (but) we want to win here. That's what we want to do, we want to win here. And we're going to figure out a way to win here." He said it passionately, making eye contact all the time.

Trust him or not? I trust masai. He is going to do what he thinks needs to be done to win.
                          I loved his response to that question being followed up. Something along the lines of "you want him and Dwane to hold hands and laugh and be best friends and kiss and we win 30 games? What the hell good does that do anyone?" Masai is great.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That was the one part of the presser where I felt he looked a bit uncomfortable.
                            Last edited by LJ2; Thu May 11, 2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• One prediction for the culture reset: minute restrictions and regular games off. Especially for Lowry, if he's back.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                One prediction for the culture reset: minute restrictions and regular games off. Especially for Lowry, if he's back.
                                I think that would happen organically with Delon stepping up. May have had a chance to happen this year if he DW was healthy or Cojo wasnt having a down year.

Comment

Working...
                                X