• 3inthekeon
    replied
    5 for 30 from 3. Should be way ahead.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Yak with some good moves
    and the hustling he kept that ball alive in that play 3 times.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Yak with some good moves

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    shoudl we have a game thread?

Leave a comment:

• ogi
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    His handle still shaky. His man D is impressive though.
    Yeah he's still sloppy with it for sure, but it looks better than last year to me. That being said I didn't really watch any 905 games.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    ogi wrote: View Post
    I donno if it's just the shit competition but it really looks like siakam has taken a pretty big step forward to me. Spotting guys off cuts and making nice passes
    His handle still shaky. His man D is impressive though.

Leave a comment:

• ogi
    replied
    I donno if it's just the shit competition but it really looks like siakam has taken a pretty big step forward to me. Spotting guys off cuts and making nice passes

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    ogi wrote: View Post
    Anyone watching??
    yup

Leave a comment:

• ogi
    replied
    Anyone watching??

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I don't see it this way. Using JV to chase ball handlers out to centre court or take corner 3's probably wouldn't work because he doesn't have the quickness to recover or get back in transition. If we actually pass to him on the PnR, it would be a lot better for the Raptors, but everyone already knows he's a very good finisher. Whether we do it twice or 10 times a game wouldn't change his value.

To change his value, he has to show he can rim protect better, punish other teams for doubling him in the post and/or extend his range to above the break.
    100%...asking him to cover ball danglers on the perimeter is like using a chainsaw as an axe.

I think JoVal can help himself by addressing his cardio over the summer. He really huffed and puffed up and down the court last year. If it winds up that he cuts weight to achieve this great. He also has Poeltl looking to get minutes just like Powell did to Ross. Nothing like internal competition to get it going.

I think he stays this year as the GM has astutely tended to the books and has assembled yet another good team. Good enough to beat Lebron? Well that's why we play the game rather than theorize about it. Impossible..no. Hard. Hell yeah.
    Ujiri will add one more vet swing PF/SF up front to fill out the roster and maybe A summer league guy gets a 1 year 800k type deal to get to 15.

An in shape Valanciunas will find the floor. If he keeps eating cake, soda pop and ice cream he will have another year of missed opportunity with no one to look at but himself.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 12, 2017, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Ya, I've wanted JV to lose weight for a while now. I think it would do wonders for his game. Having him be a bit more mobile would also do wonders for his playing time I would think.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    if he sheds weight, he could be a monster. He needs additional touches, and to be a focal point if they keep him around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X