Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Well funny you should mention that, Shaolin Fantastic has thoughts he'd like you to hear
    I get that this is place is sort of the cult of DanH where everything he says is right. But there are 2 major things he's clearly been wrong on. The first is that Poeltl isn't good enough or the right pick to start, and the second is that Boston is garbage.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      I get that this is place is sort of the cult of DanH where everything he says is right. But there are 2 major things he's clearly been wrong on. The first is that Poeltl isn't good enough or the right pick to start, and the second is that Boston is garbage.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Or you just seem to have a personal grudge against DanH.

Comment

are you sure you aren't lewro?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Or you just seem to have a personal grudge against DanH.
            I don't, he's actually one of the people I like reading his posts more on here.

My issue is that any opinion counter to his gets dismissed as trolling or unresearched or uneducated. So my beef is more with the following than DanH himself. He's one of the best posters here.

Comment

Jonas was a starter from day 1 in the league. To keep reiterating that Poeltl isn't ready when he clearly looks like he is, was a high draft pick, was picked as an NBA-ready player is just a narrative being used to argue that JV should start and not really based in any kind of statistical or eye-test based fact.

He rebounds at a high clip, he's mobile defensively and can hold his own in P&R action and handle himself with switches onto faster players. He has good touch around the basket and plays completely within himself. He's basically the prototype center you want to have if you're playing a traditional center or don't have a superstar there nowadays in the Bogut, Steven Adams, Tristan Thompson type of mold.
              The Raptors weren't a very good team then, why wouldn't they start their young C? They are now, hence the higher standard. Never mind that the Raptors had basically zero other functioning centres on the roster at the time.

It's not even whether he can be successful while doing it - I think he can in short spurts, again hence my suggestion he get some minutes there and JV gets minutes with the Lowry bench. But starting him is just asking for trouble - in his 49 minutes with KL+DD this year, he's fouling at almost a 7 PF/36 rate, young-Amir-Johnson-esque. He's going to end up in constant foul trouble, and put the opposing team in the bonus every 1st and 3rd if he continues that trend. Give him more time to gain strength, experience and the respect of the refs by playing key minutes off the bench, get BeBe out of his way, and give him spot minutes against better players to test his mettle, and I expect him to improve quickly. Getting him sitting early every night with foul trouble doesn't seem ideal to me.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                are you sure you aren't lewro?
                I had my suspicion too but very different grammar style, I had to check lol

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I had my suspicion too but very different grammar style, I had to check lol
                  Nah, lewro was a troll, and followed me over to Raps HQ once he was banned here to continue the trolling (as did Wildling1 - I must have a type). Shaolin is every bit as biased as he accuses me of being, but so too are most people, myself included, and he definitely at least attempts an honest debate, which is rare enough to find, even if I disagree with many of his points and often the cases laid out to support them.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm not Lewro, and I don't see what's wrong with my grammar.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Nah, lewro was a troll, and followed me over to Raps HQ once he was banned here to continue the trolling (as did Wildling1 - I must have a type). Shaolin is every bit as biased as he accuses me of being, but so too are most people, myself included, and he definitely at least attempts an honest debate, which is rare enough to find, even if I disagree with many of his points and often the cases laid out to support them.
                      Wildling1 is active on the main page comments section, I believe lewro too...basically the cess pool for Raptors fans.

Comment

I'm not Lewro, and I don't see what's wrong with my grammar.
                        Your grammar is good, his was lazy. That's what I mean

Comment

• I never understood wtf Wildling was talking about
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I just got confused when everybody was wrong except one guy because JV should be traded and Ibaka should be the starting 5, but then I showed up in this forum one day and everybody was wrong except one guy because JV should be on the bench and Poeltl should be the starting 5. I just can't keep up. More repetition might help, it's my age.

Anyway, I know I'm wrong and I'm really okay with that, it's comforting knowing that 99% of the rest of the forum is with me and we have great leadership in DanH.

I should disclose my bias at this point because I have a toaster that burns JV's facial profile onto my toast every morning. I spread peanut butter on it.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I never understood wtf Wildling was talking about
                              We need a HoF in this forum with some avatars hanging in the rafters. Get McHappy up there, too.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                We need a HoF in this forum with some avatars hanging in the rafters. Get McHappy up there, too.
                                McHappy is the GOAT

Comment

Working...
                                X