If you could add 2 non-stars for the minimum who would they be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could add 2 non-stars for the minimum who would they be

only factor, they cannot be current or past allstars and must be in the league for at least 4yrs

and will these players be enough to get us pass lebron?

1 - Rudy Gobert
    2 - Otto Porter

New line up

Lowry - Wright
    DeRozan - Powell
    Porter - Mills - Bruno
    Ibaka - Jakob - OG
    Gobert - Jonas - Bebe

With this team we would probaly be the best defnece team in the NBA bc of our frontcourt
    and we also have great spacing with 3 40%+ shooter from deep in the starting line up

I think this team beats Cavs in 6
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Gobert is a star.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I know this is totally a fantasy but those are very good choices based on potential and your parameters. It would take a lot of thought to come up with better examples.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Gobert is a star.
        I'm sorry, I meant to type all star
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Gobert should be an All Star next season easily... the fact he hasn't been is stupid.

So any two guys for the minimum that are still available in FA? Easy. Allen & Mbah A Moute. Gives us two solid defenders who can come in off the bench and would be solid in our system.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Rudy Gobert was All-NBA Second Team. Other players named to that team were Steph Curry, Kevin Durant and Giannis Antetokounmpo. So let's just add two of them.

If you are actually talking about journeymen vets how about,

1 - Patrick Patterson
            2 - PJ Tucker

New line up

Lowry - Wright
            DeRozan - Powell
            Tucker - Miles
            Ibaka - Patterson
            JV - Bebe - Poetl

For the first third of last season the Raptors had a .700 record against a strong schedule. This is basically the same lineup, but with Ibaka in for Siakam, Tucker for Carroll, Wright for CoJo and CJ Miles for TRoss.

Improves defense. Improves flexibilty. Sustains chemistry. Should add about 6-8 wins to a group that started the season third or fourth in all the NBA Power Rankings.

If you want a better chance to beat LeBron with Lowry and Derozan as your "stars" simply switching out a couple of role players won't do it. You have to update the style of play as much as the players.

So, as an alternative, sign Daryl Morey to replace Masai and Steve Kerr to replace Casey. Or package Ujiri and Casey together with some picks for Popovich.
            Last edited by BrieflySpeaking; Sun Jul 30, 2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Gobert should be an All Star next season easily... the fact he hasn't been is stupid.

So any two guys for the minimum that are still available in FA? Easy. Allen & Mbah A Moute. Gives us two solid defenders who can come in off the bench and would be solid in our system.
              He was the Jazz best and most important player last year. He deserved to be named an all star last year not Hayward.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Could we bring back Charles Oakley?

Comment

Devin Booker and Nikola Jokic

I don't know how the starting lineup would look, who starts at SG, but they'd figure it out.

I like centers who can pass. Ibaka can stretch the floor and help D.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    Devin Booker and Nikola Jokic

I don't know how the starting lineup would look, who starts at SG, but they'd figure it out.

I like centers who can pass. Ibaka can stretch the floor and help D.
                    Booker and Jokic are stars.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Biyombo and Frank Kaminsky.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I would take Khris Middleton and Jae Crowder. We're thin at wing and forward so a couple of high-end 3 and D guys who can switch would be perfect for us.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Biyombo and Frank Kaminsky.

Comment

Stretch 4-5 that can shoot.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Skal Labissiere or Quincy Acy at the power forward position
                              and... not sure for who I would want at wing position
                              PJ Tuckder woulda been best scenario but.. :'(

Comment

Working...
                              X