Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

there needs to be a threat to score or guys can just stick with their man. All the ball movement in the world isn't going to help.
    Define threat to score.

Everyone on the team is capable of scoring points.

You don't need to create your own shot to be a threat to score, you just need to be able to make a shot.

Poeltl can't create his own shot but he's certainly a threat to score on the pick and roll or if you leave him unguarded anywhere near the basket. For one obvious example.

Comment

• Raptors: first team to have no dribbling and no shooting
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Jake Fischer:
        https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/wit...215641767.html

Even the rising noise about Toronto forward Pascal Siakam has seemed to quiet. The Hawks and Raptors have discussed various concepts to send Siakam to Atlanta in recent weeks, sources said, however those conversations have not generated any forward progress of late. Elsewhere with the Hawks, there continues to be optimism among league personnel familiar with the situation that Atlanta will come to terms on a contract extension for All-Star guard Dejounte Murray.

The Raptors have a lot left to determine after losing Fred VanVleet to the Rockets. Toronto did add Dennis Schröder as a replacement, and the Raptors, sources said, had also expressed interest in Bulls restricted free agent guard Ayo Dosunmu. It remains to be seen if Toronto will conduct further business to overcome the loss of its starting point guard.
        Not going to lie.. makes me happy to see Murray staying with Atlanta and the Hawks/Pascal trade rumours are fizzling.

Comment

• I'm not the least bit excited about the ATL rumours either. Something better will materialize, the Hawks can't be the only team interested in Pascal.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Jake Fischer:
            https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/wit...215641767.html

Not going to lie.. makes me happy to see Murray staying with Atlanta and the Hawks/Pascal trade rumours are fizzling.
            While Murray is a good player, it doesn't make sense to get him considering what just happened with Fred. Murray is an expiring contract, but a team can pry him away by just overpaying for him or Murray could just choose to go elsewhere since he'll only be here for one season and won't really have much time to build any loyalty or connection with the franchise or the city.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

While Murray is a good player, it doesn't make sense to get him considering what just happened with Fred. Murray is an expiring contract, but a team can pry him away by just overpaying for him or Murray could just choose to go elsewhere since he'll only be here for one season and won't really have much time to build any loyalty or connection with the franchise or the city.
              Watch out for Philly next summer. They will have a lot of cap space once Harris' contract expires. And they didn't extend Maxey for that reason too. I think Murray fits there more. Murray/Maxey/Embiid isn't so bad.

Although I think they make a play for Pascal. So we should likely do something about that or else we could also lose him for nothing. Or if not him, then OG potentially.

Comment

• Who would go for a LaVine/Pascal swap? Might be able to swap Ayo in a S&T with Boucher and a 2RP or something too (although that's wishful thinking).

Not a huge LaVine fan but he fits better with Scottie than Pascal. And he's easily a shot creator that we could use. Lose some defense but he was in a top 5 defending team last year. So just need the right system around him to excel there (and a Caruso which we won't have unfortunately).

He's also locked up so don't have to worry about losing him in free agency or anything.

The Bulls need to do something as well. Bringing in Jevon Carter and Torrey Craig is not enough of a difference over there.

Comment

Who would go for a LaVine/Pascal swap? Might be able to swap Ayo in a S&T with Boucher and a 2RP or something too (although that's wishful thinking).

Not a huge LaVine fan but he fits better with Scottie than Pascal. And he's easily a shot creator that we could use. Lose some defense but he was in a top 5 defending team last year. So just need the right system around him to excel there (and a Caruso which we won't have unfortunately).

He's also locked up so don't have to worry about losing him in free agency or anything.

The Bulls need to do something as well. Bringing in Jevon Carter and Torrey Craig is not enough of a difference over there.
                  I think I'd prefer Murray to Lavine actually.

Comment

• All I want for Pascal is a good rookie scale prospect, filler and picks. Teams like SAC, OKC, NOP, IND are the ones I'm hoping they make a deal with, or some other team with assets like they have. POR if Dame was staying.

Comment

Who would go for a LaVine/Pascal swap? Might be able to swap Ayo in a S&T with Boucher and a 2RP or something too (although that's wishful thinking).

I'd go for it.

LaVine fits much better with Scottie than Pascal does.

Don't think Bulls would do it.

Comment

• In an ideal world, if Pascal does get traded, its for a young, established player that is ready to take the next step, similar to Haliburton on the Pacers.

Comment

• Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            I am for Pascal getting traded but Hawks is starting to annoy me with all these pressuring tactics

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              All I want for Pascal is a good rookie scale prospect, filler and picks. Teams like SAC, OKC, NOP, IND are the ones I'm hoping they make a deal with, or some other team with assets like they have. POR if Dame was staying.
                              that's what i want to, though i think atlanta can still fit the bill... just needs to not be centred around murray

Comment

• hard no from me on lavine

Comment

Working...
                                X