• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow this was great from Pascal.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...nba-basketball
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yeah I'm in the minority probably but I'd hang #43 in the rafters one day.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Yeah I'm in the minority probably but I'd hang #43 in the rafters one day.
        is that a minority opinion? it shouldn't be!

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

is that a minority opinion? it shouldn't be!
          Okay wasn't sure. Likely because we don't have one up there. But I'd have #7 and #43 there for sure. Still not entirely sold on #10. And I'm a big no on #15.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Okay wasn't sure. Likely because we don't have one up there. But I'd have #7 and #43 there for sure. Still not entirely sold on #10. And I'm a big no on #15.
            i hear you and am with you for the most part i think. kyle and pascal are the two no brainers as long-time raptors who made multiple all-star and/or all-nba teams that were essential pieces of the best teams in franchise history.

demar, vince, and kawhi i'm all unsure about for various reasons, but if one of them get in i think the other two should also get in. depends on how exclusive we want to make the club i guess

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Best goodbye letter ever for a lot of reasons.

When he returns with the Pacers, I'll be standing up and cheering for him as hard as I did even for Lowry and DeMar.
              Just a good dude that gave his all for this team. Forever a Raptor.

Comment

i hear you and am with you for the most part i think. kyle and pascal are the two no brainers as long-time raptors who made multiple all-star and/or all-nba teams that were essential pieces of the best teams in franchise history.

demar, vince, and kawhi i'm all unsure about for various reasons, but if one of them get in i think the other two should also get in. depends on how exclusive we want to make the club i guess
                Yes for Lowry and Pascal. Jersey retirements should be rare and for epic players. Toronto may never have one (hopefuly Scottie one day) if not for them but it feels weird to do it for just really good players.

I'm on the fence with DeMar because he never really accomplished anything here. He's a wall of fame kind of guy.
                I'm a no for Vince
                I'm a no for Kawhi becuase he wouldn't even care.

Comment

The three no brainers are Kyle, VC and Masai. Masai's name 100% should be up in the rafters one day

Siakam is in the DeMar and Kawhi category. I think they should retire his number but there are various reasons like you said on why they shouldn't.

Maybe create a level of excellency or something. The Blue Jays did not retire Carter, Bautista, Delgado etc numbers but their names are in the level of excellency
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

Yes for Lowry and Pascal. Jersey retirements should be rare and for epic players. Toronto may never have one (hopefuly Scottie one day) if not for them but it feels weird to do it for just really good players.

I'm on the fence with DeMar because he never really accomplished anything here. He's a wall of fame kind of guy.
                    I'm a no for Vince
                    The only 2 numbers that the Raps have protected are #7 and #10. No one has worn either number since Kyle and Demar left, respectively. Leonard's #2 is currently in use and Vince's #15 was used multiple times though not since 2019.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

I'm a no for Vince
                      i think saying demar didn't accomplish anything is a bit of an uncharitable reading. conference finals ain't nothing and those pre-chip teams were really good. plus he's got all the career totals.

vince's argument is less about on-court accomplishments and more about off the court influence and putting the franchise on the map.

i tend to agree with you about kawhi

Comment

• what about Bosh?
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The three no brainers are Kyle, VC and Masai. Masai's name 100% should be up in the rafters one day

Siakam is in the DeMar and Kawhi category. I think they should retire his number but there are various reasons like you said on why they shouldn't.

Maybe create a level of excellency or something. The Blue Jays did not retire Carter, Bautista, Delgado etc numbers but their names are in the level of excellency
                          do teams retire exec's jersey's? if so i agree with you he's a no brainer but i didn't know it was a thing.

pascal separates himself to me from demar and kawhi as a no brainer for being a long-time raptor who accomplished a lot individually but also was an invaluable contributor to the chip

kawhi was obviously the biggest contributor but also spurned the franchise and bolted for LA the first chance he got

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            what about Bosh?
                            I'd put him in the "irrelevant" list.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              what about Bosh?
                              Who? The RuPaul of Big Men never played for Raptors. Didn't you hear his HoF speech?

Comment

do teams retire exec's jersey's? if so i agree with you he's a no brainer but i didn't know it was a thing.

pascal separates himself to me from demar and kawhi as a no brainer for being a long-time raptor who accomplished a lot individually but also was an invaluable contributor to the chip

kawhi was obviously the biggest contributor but also spurned the franchise and bolted for LA the first chance he got
                                Jerry Krause name is up in the rafters of United Center. It's up there with MJ, Pippen, Love, Phil Jackson etc
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X