Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    What a stud. Even with all the team culture, load management, high quality medical staff, great city, great organization, and the team winning, Pascal might still be the single best reason the team can pitch to Kawhi to stay.
    I seem to remember Leonard, during the regular season, celebrating with extra enthusiasm whenever Siakim had an outstanding play. I think he is partially invested in Pascals success.

You may not be far off with this thought Dan. I recall it being expressed previously in this forum but kind of died down with Pascal's muted performance over the last few weeks. Now if OG shows well in the next game, Fred keeps doing Freddy stuff, and we continue to see playoff Norm and Chris Boucher comes though in Finals Garbage Time minutes, the next generation of Raptors players will be making a statement.

Comment

The pitch was obvious from the start: come back with the same cast (bunch of solid vets and a few promising younger role players) for another run, then the year after we have loads of cap room to lure a star or keep the team together, whichever he prefers.

What we didn't expect at the start of the year was to be able to add "budding star already on team" to that pitch.

Not sure how they even go about pitching more than keeping the band together for next season.
      Seriously? How about a surprise Masai uber-trade? Or a tinkering trade or signing that works out better than anyone expected? Ujiri already has plans to improve the team and back up plans to his back up plan....

Comment

• So what is Siakim's next contract going to look like?

Comment

• apollo wrote: View Post
          so what is siakim's next contract going to look like?
          max

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Seriously? How about a surprise Masai uber-trade? Or a tinkering trade or signing that works out better than anyone expected? Ujiri already has plans to improve the team and back up plans to his back up plan....
            This^

Kawhi's camp: what is your plan to keep winning?

Masai: You must not know me. I'm Masai Ujiri, bitch. All I do is win. I am the one who knocks.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• And he dedicated last nights win to him

Comment

• Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You have any recent surprise Masai uber-trades on the mind? Seems to me the big deals he has made to really improve the team have been pretty foreseeable, even if he managed to pay a surprisingly low price.

Small moves to reduce tax considerations and maybe get some cheap talent that maybe pays off is all great. Masai will definitely do all that. None of that will be part of the pitch, though. Even a trade or signing that works out better than expected doesn't help with a pitch until, you know it works out better than expected. Can't prove that out on July 1st.

So it's either a big trade at the draft (which is exceedingly unlikely) or you pitch what you have and your future plans.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This^

Kawhi's camp: what is your plan to keep winning?

Masai: You must not know me. I'm Masai Ujiri, bitch. All I do is win. I am the one who knocks.
                    Yeah, but that's MY point. The sales pitch is that the Raptors are fantastically run and Masai will make things good no matter what. Not a promise of a specific big deal or a preemptive big deal to try to sell Kawhi on a talent upgrade for next season.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      So what is Siakim's next contract going to look like?
                      Max contract, 5 years, hopefully signed as a RFA and not via extension.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What would be the difference?

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post

What would be the difference?
                          What we can do summer 2020. With his small cap hold on the books, we can retain some of our talent AND go hunting for a max player to add to him and Kawhi. If he signs an extension, that option goes away, because his full salary would be on the books already.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What we can do summer 2020. With his small cap hold on the books, we can retain some of our talent AND go hunting for a max player to add to him and Kawhi. If he signs an extension, that option goes away, because his full salary would be on the books already.
                            Will be interesting to see if he wants the extension/certainty this summer. Porzingis wanted the extension while the Knicks wanted him to wait and it caused some friction.

Comment

• What makes our team tough to beat is on a night when our two All-Stars did not shoot well, we have player like Pascal and Marc stepping up to score. That offensive depth and tough defence can win no matter who plays for GSW.

Comment

So what's that price tag project at right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X