X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R.
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Pre season Embiid is looking great. Damn. NBA needs more players like him. Please stay healthy and sprain your ankle against the Raptors lol.

That's amazing. Philly is such a wild card - so much talent, so many question marks.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Pre season Embiid is looking great. Damn. NBA needs more players like him. Please stay healthy and sprain your ankle against the Raptors lol.

Leave a comment:

replied
    The Process will be screwed if he can't stay healthy, will be interesting to see what happens

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    But with Embiid playing 31 games, they could have a likely incentive for playing 30 games, and an unlikely one for playing 60, for example. And the likely one can be big, but even if it only matched the 15% from the unlikely incentive, that still cuts his 30M per year down to 20M per year if he misses too much time.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    You can basically make whatever countable stat an incentive, plus league awards, with some few exceptions. It has to be a positive accomplishment though.

As for likely versus unlikely, it's simple. If your last season would have fulfilled the criteria, it's a likely incentive. If not, unlikely. Lowry has a games played incentive in his new deal, which is currently considered unlikely, because he missed so much time last season.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Unlikely incentives are limited to 15%. Likely ones can make up everything above the minimum salary.

Also, the 148 v 178 is not incentives, just whether he's eligible for the supermax extension come next summer when it kicks in.
    yeah that 2nd part i get, but some pundits seem to be talking about potential salary cap relief if he gets injured / misses time. sure sounds like incentives to me. and given the guy's played 30 games in 3 years I don't see games played incentives as being particularly likely.

who adjudicates these incentives?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Unlikely incentives are limited to 15%. Likely ones can make up everything above the minimum salary.

Also, the 148 v 178 is not incentives, just whether he's eligible for the supermax extension come next summer when it kicks in.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post

first tweet seems wrong. aren't incentives limited to like $15M? Plus i don't think they change the cap number.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    So Philly has given Joel Embiid....per Woj...a 5 year 148$M deal....
    That’s a lot of money for a guy who has played in 30 odd games in 3 years...

Smart money move or playing with fire?

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    So Philly has given Joel Embiid....per Woj...a 5 year 148$M deal....
    That’s a lot of money for a guy who has played in 30 odd games in 3 years...

Smart money move or playing with fire?

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Pretty pumped for McKinnie. The only real question now is if KJ can also earn the 15th spot. With OG coming back soon I wouldn't bet on it, but he's still got time to make an impression. Alonzo's got legit athleticism, is light on his feet, and his shot looks ok. I loved his comments about this offense generating a lot of open corner 3s when it's run properly.

I expect an uptick in accuracy with these days of rest/practice. It should be fun to watch when the shots are actually falling.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    "The problem is Toronto is hitting only 27.6 percent of those 3s, compared to 42.3 percent for Houston. (Admittedly, we’re working with a teeny-tiny sample size.) The Raptors hit 36.3 percent of their 3s last season, so their shooting percentage should rise over the course of the actual season. ...

...The Raptors shot 40.8 percent from deep midrange last season (2-pointers taken from 16–24 feet) per NBA.com Stats, which equates to 0.82 points per shot. They’d need to shoot only 27.2 percent from 3 to match an expected points per shot of 0.82. It’d be like an experiment, since even just 30 percent from 3 would be a statistical increase in the Raptors’ scoring production."

I was wondering what the breakeven point for 3 pointers would be to equal last season's two point shooting. It sounds like the Raptors are pretty much there. Interesting. If they can avoid having long rebounds from 3 pt launches turn into fast breaks they might be onto something.
    Last edited by Puffer; Mon Oct 9, 2017, 05:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Pretty well nails it: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/1...iew-3-pointers

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Casey on 3s and Norm extension

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post