No announcement yet.

An idea for our best lineup strategy this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jv has had an impressive preseason so far but, we haven't faced one big that brings him out to the perimeter. JV has always played well if you keep him around the rim. Jordan(twice)/Nurkic/Drummond are favorable match ups. I expect to have another good game against Lopez on Thursday.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Oct 11, 2017, 01:29 AM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      JV's been killing it.. probably best Raptor in pre-season. So I would prefer a starting lineup where he starts.
      Making start/sit decisions based on preseason is how we got Scola starting over 2Pat for 82 games. Just saying.

Not that starting JV is necessarily the wrong move, but the verdict is definitely not in yet.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Making start/sit decisions based on preseason is how we got Scola starting over 2Pat for 82 games. Just saying.

Not that starting JV is necessarily the wrong move, but the verdict is definitely not in yet.
        the verdict isn't in? they never even got to jury selection dude. this hasn't been in question since patterson, tucker, and carroll left the team.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Jv has had an impressive preseason so far but, we haven't faced one big that brings him out to the perimeter. JV has always played well if you keep him around the rim. Jordan(twice)/Nurkic/Drummond are favorable match ups. I expect to have another good game against Lopez on Thursday.
          But how many stretch 5's are there in the league, if any? Even Draymond doesn't start the game at C.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            But how many stretch 5's are there in the league, if any? Even Draymond doesn't start the game at C.
            Yeah but, a guy like Draymond will play his majority of minutes at C throughout the game. Celt/Cavs is who talking about.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I liked this post for the first half of it, though I disagree with the second bit.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Yeah but, a guy like Draymond will play his majority of minutes at C throughout the game. Celt/Cavs is who talking about.

Sure, and in those matchups maybe Serge plays more C throughout the game. Doesn't mean he should start. In fact, quite the opposite, right? If he starts at C, then he's not synced with Draymond's C minutes.

Again, Celtics are junk and the Raps have had no issue with them while starting JV against Horford. Cavs are a whole different thing, and matching up against them won't be the difference.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Celtics are not "junk".

What's the deal with this board being so dismissive of them? Yet at the same time everyone thinks Brad Stevens is better than Casey. The cognitive dissonance is insane.

Comment

What's the deal with this board being so dismissive of them? Yet at the same time everyone thinks Brad Stevens is better than Casey. The cognitive dissonance is insane.
                    When people say junk, they're talking about the relative roster talent and how things 'should' be. If anything, that's a huge tip of the hat to Stevens.

Comment

Don't say people. I think they are good. Just think raps are better.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

When people say junk, they're talking about the relative roster talent and how things 'should' be. If anything, that's a huge tip of the hat to Stevens.
                        Ofcourse another year where Stevens doesn't have enough talent. I see were getting the excuses ready early. Brad "Teflon" Steven everybody.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

The roster isn't junk either.

Comment

As Torontonians, it's our civic duty to loathe anything/everything Boston.

Cuntics, Red Sox, Bruins, Patriots are all junk. <--- The validity of this statement is a different matter altogether

Comment

The Celtics are going to be a force this year.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X