Game #7: Toronto Raptors 111 - Denver Nuggets 129

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Regardless of what DC does this year or next it was a good decision to move on. DC just never seemed to be a comfortable fit in the offence or defence. His unfortunate injuries ( the foot, the ankle and the knees) robbed him of the opportunity in front of him. Playing hurt is a no win for anyone. Nothing to point fingers at here..it just didn’t work out. Best of luck to him in New Jersey...

His replacements in Pascal and OG are here and starting their careers and the future looks good with them.

It’s a big rationalization..but if you frame it as we made a trade for him coming off that 60 win season and his really good playoff performance....for a really late first rounder and a throw in 2nd rounder (equivalent to a ketchup package) to Atlanta to get him...we would be happy.
    Agreed with all said, but I'd almost call cj miles his replacement. I would call OG/Siakam combo the Patterson replacement, Wright replaces cojo, and I guess that leaves tucker to be the extra minutes from everyone, soaked up by the OG/siakam/fred van vleet/powell minutes bump.

Currently, Wright and Joseph are fairly even(though Wright needs to make some 3s which Joseph is doing), Miles is behind carroll but I doubt that's the case thru 82, and OG, siakam or anyone else on the roster is well outplaying Patterson.

Will be interesting to look back on it again after 40 games
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Agreed with all said, but I'd almost call cj miles his replacement. I would call OG/Siakam combo the Patterson replacement, Wright replaces cojo, and I guess that leaves tucker to be the extra minutes from everyone, soaked up by the OG/siakam/fred van vleet/powell minutes bump.

Currently, Wright and Joseph are fairly even(though Wright needs to make some 3s which Joseph is doing), Miles is behind carroll but I doubt that's the case thru 82, and OG, siakam or anyone else on the roster is well outplaying Patterson.

You betcha !! ... We wish no ill will to the fashion mogul and the movie buff but the team has moved on.... with no noticeable implications.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Personally, I see Powell as Carroll's replacement, Miles as Ross' replacement, and OG/Siakam as Pat/Powell's replacement from last year's role.

Patterson being completely broken is kind of sad.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And at least the next 2 games are @ 9:00 so slightly better. The remote is going to get a workout tonight between the Raptor game and the WS ....

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Personally, I see Powell as Carroll's replacement, Miles as Ross' replacement, and OG/Siakam as Pat/Powell's replacement from last year's role.

Patterson being completely broken is kind of sad.
            He’s still a plus minus monster.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
              And at least the next 2 games are @ 9:00 so slightly better. The remote is going to get a workout tonight between the Raptor game and the WS ....
              Today marks the last day of a 2 week span where all 4 major sports are in play at once. Love this time of year, second only to april/may with nba and nhl playoffs and early season baseball returns

Comment

Today marks the last day of a 2 week span where all 4 major sports are in play at once. Love this time of year, second only to april/may with nba and nhl playoffs and early season baseball returns
                It is it is...may have read it wrong...but isnt your counter off? NFL isnt on tonite?

Comment

I don't really care for the NFL, so March is the best time of year for me. March Madness in full swing, plus NBA and NHLers jockeying for playoff positioning down the stretch. And a little MLB Spring Training to whet the appetite.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    It is it is...may have read it wrong...but isnt your counter off? NFL isnt on tonite?
                    I just meant all 4 regular seasons or playoffs are all in progress...but no you are right, the last day your definition occured was Sunday

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
                      Lol with how well their replacements are playing I'd sure has hell be probable too
                      Yeah, that's true. Still, big men with knee or ankle injuries early in the season worry me, especially playing in altitude at Denver when you won't be in perfect game shape. Honestly, I'd be inclined to let both rest one more game - Denver is a tough place to play but the Nuggets are awful.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, that's true. Still, big men with knee or ankle injuries early in the season worry me, especially playing in altitude at Denver when you won't be in perfect game shape. Honestly, I'd be inclined to let both rest one more game - Denver is a tough place to play but the Nuggets are awful.
                        Yeah I agree. Would rather they not rush back.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Plus CFL and MLS, the other major league sports lol

Comment

Nuggets will be coming out hard for a win at home so I'll be pessimistic and say we lose by 8.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Nuggets will be coming out hard for a win at home so I'll be pessimistic and say we lose by 8.
                              LOL, wrong game to be pessimistic about. Raptors by 24

Comment

Win tonight and the Raptors could be tied for 1st in the conference

Comment

Working...
                                X