No announcement yet.

Game #11: New Orleans Pelicans 118 - Toronto Raptors 122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a good hard fought win considering Casey decided to gift NOP like 10 points with running out the 5 man bench so much. Starters were great, DeMar closed amazingly, Lowry was solid in spite of some defensive issues, Ibaka was really good, and JV was probably the biggest reason we won with his defence (how often do you get to say that?). OG was great, good move by Casey closing with him. I thought Poeltl and Wright were good too, just stuck in a crappy bench lineup all game.

Nice job to close this one out. Good win.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• lol bebe: 1 min, 1 reb, 3 pf, 2 pts, +4.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        I think we give Boston their first lost

and then they Boston goesaorund .500 untill All-star break
        Celtics are 10-2. They already have their "first lost" ..... and second

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          This was a good hard fought win considering Casey decided to gift NOP like 10 points with running out the 5 man bench so much. Starters were great, DeMar closed amazingly, Lowry was solid in spite of some defensive issues, Ibaka was really good, and JV was probably the biggest reason we won with his defence (how often do you get to say that?). OG was great, good move by Casey closing with him. I thought Poeltl and Wright were good too, just stuck in a crappy bench lineup all game.

Missed the game. Seems like they got a bunch of really good individual performances so I was surprised by the score, then I saw Holliday's 34.

OG continues to impress everyone it seems.

Comment

• A couple of times I noticed ibaka and JV matching up with cousins and AD respectively, instead of their positional opposite, in transition.

Ibaka got burned once on it because he wasn't paying attention, but on another occasion he got the block on Cousins on the interior, and on yet another JV and Ibaka switched a Cousins/Davis pick back onto their positional matchups rather than getting caught up going over/under.

Bit of a strange thing and I wouldn't normally assume it was a planned strategy, but it happened several times.

Comment

• Very interesting that Casey trusted OG to close out a close game
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The Lebrons are about to lose another one...they usually win these types of games...last year....
                This year..not so much...
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• LeWhiner blocked in the finals seconds and the Cavs lose AGAIN LOL

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    The Lebrons are about to lose another one...they usually win these types of games...last year....
                    This year..not so much...
                    When is Thomas back? Not prepared to write them off unless he's not available this season

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      Very interesting that Casey trusted OG to close out a close game
                      Guarding the opposing PG no less!

I love me some Norm, but OG is looking more like the near future than the distant future at this point. Good problem to have. Might stick with OG off the bench and closing (depending on needs in closing minutes).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This was a good hard fought win considering Casey decided to gift NOP like 10 points with running out the 5 man bench so much. Starters were great, DeMar closed amazingly, Lowry was solid in spite of some defensive issues, Ibaka was really good, and JV was probably the biggest reason we won with his defence (how often do you get to say that?). OG was great, good move by Casey closing with him. I thought Poeltl and Wright were good too, just stuck in a crappy bench lineup all game.

Yeah, Casey is still frustrating. Rotations are unnecessarily complicated at the moment. Preseason is long done and you're 10 games into the season. Battles have been won. Bebe should be benched and FVV should be benched. Siakam earned his spot as the 10th man if anyone did, and even if we play 10 guys the all bench lineups are not necessary.

Nice to see Ibaka have a great game. Couldn't have come at a better time. JV and Poeltl frustrated the fuck out of Cousins, which pretty much always neutralizes him. I swear when Poeltl came in Cousins thought he could be lazy and bait him into stupid shit like he was Bebe. No luck, Boogie!

If the rotations were cleaner and we didn't get caught watching in transition a few times, this could have been a much easier win.

Comment

Guarding the opposing PG no less!

I love me some Norm, but OG is looking more like the near future than the distant future at this point. Good problem to have. Might stick with OG off the bench and closing (depending on needs in closing minutes).
                          Would be easy to get more of both if we just benched FVV.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            lol bebe: 1 min, 1 reb, 3 pf, 2 pts, +4.
                            Yeah, and if Cousins had realized how long Bebe is and actually put a proper box out on him, it probably ends up: 1 min, 0 reb, 0 pts, 3pf

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              lol bebe: 1 min, 1 reb, 3 pf, 2 pts, +4.
                              And he'll play ahead of Poeltl next game again.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I mean, sure there was complaints, but it's not worth it when

1. JV closed and played well
                                2. Ibaka played well
                                3. Poeltl played GREAT and took his "sole backup" spot back (for now)
                                4. OG freaking ANUNOBY played the last 9 min and got the role of "Red hot guard stopper" and held his own
                                5. Lowry scored 18 and 7 on 50% shooting!
                                6. We made demarcus cousins grumpy which is always great

My raptor boner is raging tonight.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X