X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Meh. Cavs had the same mindset last year, especially heading into the playoffs.... forget about defense and just try to outscore teams. Biggest problem seems to be lack of spacing and 3pt shooting at the PG spot, which IT should help tremendously. Veteran teams usually find a way to crank up the defensive intensity in the playoffs, especially with the days off between games.
      I have been on this vector for two years now...Cavs just getting older and lots of games played with three playoff runs...so far called strike three last two years.

but like a single faceted referendum call..i am on this again...this year I think I am right
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        And again, I don't think the decisions are hard as guys have won their minutes. It's not a tough choice at all.
        I'm guessing that they've made an organizational decision to expand the rotation early and often so long as guys are working hard, being coachable and not making repeated horrible mistakes. It used to be a given that every NBA team did this for the first 10 games or so, though, I confess I don't watch enough games around the league to have a good sense of whether that is still true.

I know we've been talking on the board about 10-game increments but the team may have an initial grouping of games in mind to play a certain way and make changes after.

Comment

• I wasn't on RR during the game, did anybody get a chuckle when ibaka and cousins nearly fought during the first stoppage, as predicted by tons of posters here?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Don't know if this has been mentioned, but prior to yesterdays game, Serge had 3 assists all year, JV 2. They both doubled their totals last night.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              I'm guessing that they've made an organizational decision to expand the rotation early and often so long as guys are working hard, being coachable and not making repeated horrible mistakes.
              I'm not sure about this. For eg, Bebe + Siakam were both entirely out of the rotation, and it was only through injuries that they were able to play. And then they played well, and this then forced them back into the rotation.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                I'm not sure about this. For eg, Bebe + Siakam were both entirely out of the rotation, and it was only through injuries that they were able to play. And then they played well, and this then forced them back into the rotation.
                Yep. FVV was always in it, but those 2 guys only moved in with injuries. And then we got healthy and it seemed like Casey wanted competition at the spots but refuses now to tighten things back for some reason. Hopefully we'll see it in the next couple of games.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I wasn't on RR during the game, did anybody get a chuckle when ibaka and cousins nearly fought during the first stoppage, as predicted by tons of posters here?
                  Haha yeah I forgot who initially mentioned that on here but right away I thought of y'all.
                  Ibaka overall looked better last night than he has so far this season. Hopefully it starts an upward trend.

Comment

• FVV is the only odd choice in the rotation. I get that we want Lowry to have less minutes (he's averaging about 6 mpg less than last year which is nice), but FVV seems like he's just too much of a liability out there. Offensively he's not giving us anything at all. Defensively he's okay, but I'd say more average than above average. Post him up and you get an easy 2.

Powell can handle the ball.. so if Casey needs 3 ball handlers out there (without DD), I'd use Powell instead of FVV. That way Kyle continues to get his rest, but we're not struggling as bad offensively.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Yep. FVV was always in it, but those 2 guys only moved in with injuries. And then we got healthy and it seemed like Casey wanted competition at the spots but refuses now to tighten things back for some reason. Hopefully we'll see it in the next couple of games.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      Honestly I don't mind giving out depth pieces run for some develepmebt If it doesn't disrupt chemistry/lose us games. However as I say this I realize it's a pretty big if. Rotations will eventually have to shorten.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Yes. Glad they get a couple of days to game plan and work on their D. A little too sloppy. Maybe Casey pays attention to the video and plays a little more OG, a little less VV. I don't dislike Fred, but I think he's a player that you pick your spots with, if everyone is healthy. And Beebe... again, a situational player. It would be great if he could get his focus. But I expect he is what he is. Having said that, Derozan is the shining example of "never say never." That old dog has learned a few new tricks. My apologies to DD for doubting him.

For years the Raptors played basically the starting 5 with few substitutions. Maybe 8 deep tops for significant minutes and the last 2 on the bench saw nothing but garbage time every 5 games. Now Casey seems determined to get everyone minutes every night regardless of match up or game situation. I'm not a Casey hater but at times, he seems clueless.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I wasn't on RR during the game, did anybody get a chuckle when ibaka and cousins nearly fought during the first stoppage, as predicted by tons of posters here?
                          Order sports in terms of actual toughness:
                          1/ MMA
                          2/ Boxing/other martial arts
                          3/ Lacrosse
                          4/ Hockey
                          5/ Football
                          6/ Jai Alai, Ringette, darts, full contact chess, cross country skiing, snowball fights without trees to hide behind, tickle fights....
                          7/ Auto Racing
                          8/ Basketball
                          9/ Baseball
                          10/ Soccer

I like when 2 baseketball7 footers basically just jaw at each other and start slapping, pinching and pulling hair
                          They're good at the gangsta talk, neck tats and throat slash signs though .... grrrrr

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Order sports in terms of actual toughness:
                            1/ MMA
                            2/ Boxing/other martial arts
                            3/ Lacrosse
                            4/ Hockey
                            5/ Football
                            6/ Jai Alai, Ringette, darts, full contact chess, cross country skiing, snowball fights without trees to hide behind, tickle fights....
                            7/ Auto Racing
                            8/ Basketball
                            9/ Baseball
                            10/ Soccer

I like when 2 baseketball7 footers basically just jaw at each other and start slapping, pinching and pulling hair
                            They're good at the gangsta talk, neck tats and throat slash signs though .... grrrrr
                            Watch yourself. Seriously.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Watch yourself. Seriously.
                              You keep doing this. Dropping some vague "that's racist" warning then not following up. Not really sure if it's offensive what he said or accurate. Calm your tits
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Yes. Glad they get a couple of days to game plan and work on their D. A little too sloppy. Maybe Casey pays attention to the video and plays a little more OG, a little less VV. I don't dislike Fred, but I think he's a player that you pick your spots with, if everyone is healthy. And Beebe... again, a situational player. It would be great if he could get his focus. But I expect he is what he is. Having said that, Derozan is the shining example of "never say never." That old dog has learned a few new tricks. My apologies to DD for doubting him.
                                FVV is shooting .125 from 3. Why is still playing

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X