Last second shot. Who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Can we talk about Delon Wright passing up 2 buzzer shots, one in semi make-able distance, when he also had CJ right beside him calling for the ball?

Inexcusable. If it's because hes worried about his %'s, then it's drankly alarming and says a lot about the team. I can't imagine any of those celtics guys hesitating to hoist a nothjng-to-lose long 3
    I think it says more about Wright than the team.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      I think it says more about Wright than the team.
      You would

Comment

Hail mary 3 from Ross
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I only had one problem with the play. JV should have been the offensive rebounder. The ball that caromed off the rim and bobbled by Ibaka would have likely been grabbed and put in by a competent 7 foot rebounder. In a situation like that you should always have your best rebounder in the game
          I didn't see the end of the game live. Was there an opportunity to have a timeout to get JV in the game after the offensive foul or did they just run a play? Either way, I guess he could have been in for the first shot.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            I didn't see the end of the game live. Was there an opportunity to have a timeout to get JV in the game after the offensive foul or did they just run a play? Either way, I guess he could have been in for the first shot.
            Do you need a timeout? I'm pretty sure you can make a substitution on a foul
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

They subbed Miles in for OG for the final play.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And to a lesser extent, the Kobe Bryant era.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

And to a lesser extent, the Kobe Bryant era.
                  It won't change, Casey said defiantly after the game "in the last 2 minutes, you want your best player taking all the shots"

I've come to grips with it in the last while and I realize most of the league does it, but that doesn't stop me from questioning it's logic. Say for example, your best player is tightly covered and your big man has been left all alone under the basket. Is it not better to pass the ball for the easy lay up?

How can "the best way to play" for 46 minutes be running plays for the most open shot, while favoring your best player as a last resort, but at the final 2 minutes "the best way to play" becomes "give it to Derozan and stand and watch". I've never heard it answered why that is.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This piggybacks on a lot of what is percolating in raptor fandom this morning. Lots of frustration with the isolation of the last play but some sober realization that, in isolation (pun intended), that was a pretty good look. So, down one with ten or so seconds left, what would you call. A Miles three? Or is the trade off in percentages not worth it since we only need two points? A higher percentage JV P’n’R? Higher percentage but likely not utilized enough to deploy at that time. What would you have called?

A) Demar pull up jumper from the foul line
                    B) kick out to the corner for a (hopefully Miles) 3
                    C) pick and roll with JV
                    D) Lowry drive
                    E) find OG on a back cut
                    F) other (suggest away)
                    My answer is anything that keeps the other team guessing. The problem here is not that's Demar, or even the fact that it's an ISO play, the problem is that the whole damn building knew that it was exactly what was coming.

Even if you believe that's your highest percentage shot, if the other team knows with certainty what you're going to do, the chances of that shot falling go down dramatically, regardless of the type of play. And that's how predictable we've become, any opponent now knows for sure what we're gonna do in the last 4 minutes of the game.

It's gotten to a point now that if we don't have a good cushion by that point in the game, it's an L. You can see it coming from a mile away. The reason people are so pissed about this is:

1. it rubs salt on our playoff problem: predictability. We're the easiest team to prep against.
                    2. We actually have the talent to do other things (we do it throughout the whole game), but always choose not to on the final 4mins of the game, even when what we were doing before was working.

Demar ISO's are a decent tool to have, but we need to add variability to our game.

Comment

Working...
                    X