• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    There is no wrong way of winning.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Sure there are. If you cheat to win, that's wrong. If you cram to beat someone on a test, but they've actually learned the material thoroughly, you may have a short term win but they will know more than you over the long term.

If you play iso-ball all year for regular season wins, when you know it won't work in the playoffs, that's wrong.

If you overplay shitty marginal vets at the cost of developing your young players, you may squeeze out a couple wins in the short term while costing you many more wins over the long term. That's wrong too.

If you force your guys to play excessive minutes against bad teams, you wear them out and increase the likelihood of injury for the playoffs. That's also wrong.

But if you don't believe the playoffs matter, or that life extends beyond the next 24 hours, then sure, you can rationalize that there is no wrong way of winning.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Let's all bask in the glow of good basketball. We're finally winning the right way.

I'll get the Wizards thread up tomorrow. Have a good night everybody.
    There is no wrong way of winning.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

what a bum

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    Honestly, if raps win tomorrow against the wizards, I can see them going on a massive win streak. I know a 20 game win streak is unrealistic but our next 20ish games or so seem fairly easy. We're 10-5 right now, I would not be surprised if halfway through the season if we're like 28-13 if we play really good maybe like 30-11, but realistically 27-16.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Apparently Porzingis has a bum elbow at the moment. But defense by Pascal was still visibly bothering The Unicorn
    Apparently he has Bursitis in his elbow.. the same problem Lowry was dealing with.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    This team gets a lot of easy layups that they never used to make in seasons past.
    It helps when Carroll is no longer playing anymore.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    That was a fun game. CJ Miles with 6 free throws was pretty awesome early on. Felt like Lowry/DD weren't having it early and that the bench was boosting them up.. but then they both caught on fire, and the game just ended up being a breeze.

Bebe finally had a good game. It's like 1 good game for every 10 he plays. Won't see him again until December I guess.

Siakam was the man.. just contained Porzingis all night. Most surprisingly McBuckets actually looked like a scrub tonight.

OG with a +30. Powell should take all the time he needs to rest up.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Apparently Porzingis has a bum elbow at the moment. But defense by Pascal was still visibly bothering The Unicorn

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    Detroit lost to the Pacers so we're now tied for second in the East
    I don't think we have to worry about Detroit staying second.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Detroit lost to the Pacers so we're now tied for second in the East

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    He was shooting 30% before tonight. I believe in his jumper.

Nogueira on the other hand...
    After tonight Siakam's % will dip under 25%.

His shot is still very much a work in progress.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Nice win. Basically everyone was great in this one. I've said that a few times this season - so many full team effort wins. That may be the biggest effect of this culture reset stuff - seems like everyone has a chance to contribute every night.
    I prefer this type of basketball way more than having one or two guys dominating the game. It's just a much better watch.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Nice win. Basically everyone was great in this one. I've said that a few times this season - so many full team effort wins. That may be the biggest effect of this culture reset stuff - seems like everyone has a chance to contribute every night.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Which one? Link?

When I have looked at them, they're missing too many main channels in exchange for dozens of obscure ones
    Not 100% sure to be honest, my old lady's dad got it from a friend. check out IPTV though, that should be it. I can PM you more info on Sunday after I talk to him.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Let's all bask in the glow of good basketball. We're finally winning the right way.

I'll get the Wizards thread up tomorrow. Have a good night everybody.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X