Game #36: Toronto Raptors 124 - Chicago Bulls 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    TRex is a band wagoner.. I mean he admitted that. I don't get the vitriol though.
    Eh, it's all in good fun I think. It's a fan forum, guy confesses to actually preferring another team, some fans of this team give him shit. It should be that way. Any Leafs fan friends with a Habs fan knows how this works (btw if you are friends with Habs fans you are dead to me).
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      How old is t rex? Is..is he an actual t rex?

Would explain why he's always ornery
      If he were a baby boomer it would explain why he's old and crusty but if he were a millennial we could blame him for everything. Let's go with millennial.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Eh, it's all in good fun I think. It's a fan forum, guy confesses to actually preferring another team, some fans of this team give him shit. It should be that way. Any Leafs fan friends with a Habs fan knows how this works (btw if you are friends with Habs fans you are dead to me).
        I once knew a guy who finally confessed to preferring another team. It was a shock to his friends and especially his parents, but he seemed happy so they've become more open minded towards him
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          I'm still a proud member of the District of DeRozan. There were only 3 of us back then. Now it seems like everyone here is a DeRozan fan lol *rolls eyes*
          There's a big difference between "I always believed he could get where he is today" and "I always believed he could get to where he is today, also the fact that he has makes me smarter than you and everyone who ever disagreed with me is a fake fan for appreciating a great player on the team we're fans of"

DeMar has been a very good player for a while now. That said, he was also a fairly flawed player the last few years, which is where the criticisms came from. This season he has worked on and improved upon his flaws while still retaining his strengths, which has led to him going from a "very good" player to the "great" player that he has been so far this year.

There has been remarkably little criticism/debate around DeMar so far this season compared to the last few years, because he has mollified/converted his critics with his great play so far. I would never have considered myself a "DeMar hater", because I've always cheered for him and thought he was very good, but I was also one of those who wanted more playmaking, better shot selection, and maybe even some better defence and three-point shooting from him. He's now become better at all of those things (his defence, though still spotty, has definitely had some good flashes, especially against Giannis and the Bucks yesterday), and I've lauded him for it, as others who were calling for those things have also done.

I've always hated it when people (not just on RR) try to divide other fans of the same team by labeling them "haters" or a "fanboys" of certain players. We all have our biases, but we're also all Raptors fans (except for you, I guess). In the end, we all want what's best for this team, so of course we're loving how DeMar has been playing.

If you've truly always believed that DeMar could become a top 10 MVP candidate, good for you. That doesn't make you smarter than anyone else here, or that the rest of us are "fake fans". We're all Raptors fans, and we're loving how one of our stars is playing. Stop trying to make this about you.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            There's a big difference between "I always believed he could get where he is today" and "I always believed he could get to where he is today, also the fact that he has makes me smarter than you and everyone who ever disagreed with me is a fake fan for appreciating a great player on the team we're fans of"

DeMar has been a very good player for a while now. That said, he was also a fairly flawed player the last few years, which is where the criticisms came from. This season he has worked on and improved upon his flaws while still retaining his strengths, which has led to him going from a "very good" player to the "great" player that he has been so far this year.

There has been remarkably little criticism/debate around DeMar so far this season compared to the last few years, because he has mollified/converted his critics with his great play so far. I would never have considered myself a "DeMar hater", because I've always cheered for him and thought he was very good, but I was also one of those who wanted more playmaking, better shot selection, and maybe even some better defence and three-point shooting from him. He's now become better at all of those things (his defence, though still spotty, has definitely had some good flashes, especially against Giannis and the Bucks yesterday), and I've lauded him for it, as others who were calling for those things have also done.

I've always hated it when people (not just on RR) try to divide other fans of the same team by labeling them "haters" or a "fanboys" of certain players. We all have our biases, but we're also all Raptors fans (except for you, I guess). In the end, we all want what's best for this team, so of course we're loving how DeMar has been playing.

If you've truly always believed that DeMar could become a top 10 MVP candidate, good for you. That doesn't make you smarter than anyone else here, or that the rest of us are "fake fans". We're all Raptors fans, and we're loving how one of our stars is playing. Stop trying to make this about you.
            Good post Mr. Bond. I respect that.

Looks like i found my counterpart. Need to change my name to Goldfinger ;D
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Bulls are in a dead heat with the Heat for my most second despised team after the frauds from Chowdertown and their apologists in the MSM. I had hoped we would crush the bulls by 20 in each of the four times we played them this year with Dwyane Wade gettting lit up so bad he would have to rub A5-35 on his neck from twisting around to see the ball fall in the hole after he got blown by all game long.....

So far its been by 17 and 5 in the first two games... both were at home this year and come on the heels of that come from behind overtime win in last years final meeting with them.

The Raps owe these guys... its a completely different team they are playing... No Gasol.. No Noah.. No Gibson and No Butler... but WTF...its still the jersey that won some rather unexplicable games from you..... hang one on them in their own building. ...

.... and they will.....

Raps W in the United Centre on Wednesday.

Maybe Serge and the Mascot killer will have another finger pointing dust up... where they actually throw them instead of talking it...
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jan 2, 2018, 06:38 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                TRex is a band wagoner.. I mean he admitted that. I don't get the vitriol though.

As for the "District" thing.. isn't that just someone who's a fan of the player more than the team? I'm sure Lebron has his own island. I was a Jordan fan more than a Bulls fan back in the day.

For me, I like the Raps more than DeRozan or JV or Lowry. But as long as people are watching ball who really cares why they cheer or watch?
                Someone gets it.

People are way too serious in this forum. I'm a Bulls fan but i'm still going to be cheering for the Raptors, specially DeRozan.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Wait, TRex is the Bulls fan now?

Comment

TRex wrote:
                    Tomorrow i'm going to be a Lakers fsn ;D

Comment

Wait, this forum is not working again?

Edit - nevermind
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Mamba Mentality

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Wait, TRex is the Bulls fan now?
                          He's changing teams like bruce Jenner or something
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            He's changing teams like bruce Jenner or something
                            Should never have used frog DNA to fill in the gaps of his genetic code.

Comment

Courtesy of /u/36DD on reddit:

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Courtesy of /u/36DD on reddit:

He’s just happy that they pass him the ball now
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X