No announcement yet.

Game #38 Toronto Raptors 114 - Brooklyn Nets 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's incredible news! Thank you gigantic Lowry caboose!! Thank youuuu!
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Huge relief that it's not worse. I just hope Lowry doesn't force himself to come back too soon

Comment

• Kyle won't play vs Heat

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Kyle won't play vs Heat
          Ice works better than heat for pain and swelling

Comment

• Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Ice works better than heat for pain and swelling

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                There was definitely a reversion to hero ball in crunch time/overtime last night. These situations are the true acid test, and they'll take the longest the show the change. That said, with the way Demar's scoring the ball lately, I didn't even mind. It was Dinwiddie vs. Demar, and I know who I'm taking there. I was, of course, angry that FVV was out there closing, but it's looking like that's the way it's going to be. It's all good though - this will only cost us a couple of playoff games, if not a playoff series, so no big deal really.

Props to Brooklyn. They really, really get after it on defence, and on the glass. Total pests the whole game. They were playing a mid-January game like there was something important on the line. Great to see that.
                The issue was moreso on the other end of the floor. Raps had way, way too many breakdowns late: not picking up in transition, losing men on cuts, forgetting who they were guarding, not helping on dribble penetration, not rotating properly. Usually it's hard to pick out defensive mistakes but there were at least 5 major breakdowns that led to open threes or layups in the last three minutes. If they had even played just below average defense there wouldn't have been overtime.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Comment

• Why do I get the feeling that VanVleet is going to start today?
                    OG is our king

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      I will agree that Casey's love for having a ton of ball handlers on the floor to end games needs to stop. Especially if they can't shoot because it just causes us to end up going ISO more often than not
                      Yeah, the idea of culture reset was to learn how to "trust the pass" in order to prepare us for playoff game-planning. Nets had a very good game plan for the Raps and under that pressure Casey trotted out 4 ball handlers while sacrificing rebounding and shooting. I'll chalk it up to a one game re-lapse by Casey, but stuff like this completely undermines the whole reason for the culture reset. It's not like the old days where Kyle and DeMar just decided to stop passing it, except to each other..... Casey having 4 ball-handlers pretty much dictated the style of play, and forced Lowry to become our 2nd best rebounder, ffs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Please just give him as much time off as he needs
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                          Why do I get the feeling that VanVleet is going to start today?
                          To be fair, the idea of an all-bench unit with FVV-Powell as the backcourt is making me a little squeamish
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                            Why do I get the feeling that VanVleet is going to start today?
                            Cause he's Diet Lowry?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Hallelujah, that sounds like good news to me. Give him as much time off as he needs, it's a long season.
                              Time to rope-a-dope GS and Cleveland. They won't know what hit 'em come the playoffs as the Raptors win their first ever championship.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Cause he's Diet Lowry?
                                More like RC Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X