Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love switched out on Steph Curry and got a stop with the NBA championship on the line. Y'all really think JV could do that? Love is faster, smarter and more agile. All those lead to being a better pnr defender if motivated. Teams already target JV just as much. I don't think you see much difference to the D. This offence goes to another level though. Imagine having a big that can actually pass in the sets we run.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Love switched out on Steph Curry and got a stop with the NBA championship on the line. Y'all really think JV could do that? Love is faster, smarter and more agile. All those lead to being a better pnr defender if motivated. Teams already target JV just as much. I don't think you see much difference to the D. This offence goes to another level though. Imagine having a big that can actually pass in the sets we run.

oh look it's another chr1s1anL special.

please, tell me again how biyombo stopped lebron on the perimeter

Comment

• I think we could only get Love if the Cavs decided to blow it up. We don't have any players that would be useful to them for a title push besides guys that we can't afford to give up.

A lineup with Ibaka-Love starting in the frontcourt would be interesting though. Both guys can step out and shoot. You don't really lose anything on the glass going from JV to Love, and you get a lot better and more versatile on the offensive end.

But right now all we could offer is JV and a bunch of young guys or like JV and CJ Miles. Not sure why they'd do either of those deals.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          oh look it's another chr1s1anL special.

please, tell me again how biyombo stopped lebron on the perimeter
          I don't know how that has to do with anything but, still the best effort with put up against LBJ. Unlike last year when he was litterally spining the ball in front of our frontcourt players faces before shooting it.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Yes worse PnR defender than JV. Love is probably the worst defensive big in any rotation in the league. He is truly awful. Slower than JV, shorter (Love has to be the shortest 6'10" I've ever seen) and softer. And he'd be even worse switching on perimeter players as well.

Offensively, shooting is about the only thing he does better than JV. Love is an overrated post player and passer. He doesn't have the length or quickness to be hugely successful in the post, including as a passer. He might be a better passer than JV, but hardly in a way that would make a huge difference on our team.

Love flat out got to put up super-inflated numbers in Minnesota. He's basically a shooter who can rebound and doesn't really do anything else at a super high level. And we'd have to try hard to fit him in so he can get his shots and not mope about his role, which could actually damage chemistry and our chances for success. Oh, and he's making quite a bit more money, and will probably not be getting any better over the next few years.

I don't think Love makes us better playing small, and we would be getting smaller. And he definitely doesn't make us better at playing big. Our D gets worse. We lose the most significant inside threat we have offensively. And really, if JV can keep improving his 3pter, his value blows Love's out of the water.

*Honestly a swap of Ibaka for Love is more likely to be positive, I think. Ibaka is better defensively, but at this point in his career he's not consistent from game to game on either end. So if you don't know if you'll get "good Ibaka" on D or O, Love is a way more consistent shooter and offensive player. I probably still wouldn't make that trade because I'd rather roll the dice on getting "good Ibaka" more in the playoffs.
            You've actually got to be fucking kidding me. I'm getting tired of people just blatantly lying on here to make a point. Love is the best outlet passer in the league. We're trying to play at a faster pace this year, can you imagine him hitting DeRozan, Delon or Lowry streaking down the court for fast breaks?

Like let's not be silly here and act like there's a negligible difference in JV and Love's passing ability. What a fucking joke of a comment.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              You've actually got to be fucking kidding me. I'm getting tired of people just blatantly lying on here to make a point. Love is the best outlet passer in the league. We're trying to play at a faster pace this year, can you imagine him hitting DeRozan, Delon or Lowry streaking down the court for fast breaks?

Like let's not be silly here and act like there's a negligible difference in JV and Love's passing ability. What a fucking joke of a comment.
              Love would look like Drew Brees out there throwing TD's to Siakam.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think the fit of Love with Ibaka in the frontcourt might be a bit questionable in some matchups. Like I'm not sure what you'd do against Embiid but that's really just one guy (who we can't guard at all anyway even with JV or Poeltl). As far as our main playoff rivals go, Love/Ibaka should be fine against Horford/Baynes, I guess TT/JV for the Cavs, Morris/Gortat.

Plus the dimension it could add to our offense would be very interesting and imo make us the clear-cut best team in the east by quite some distance. Since DeRozan can hit 3s now, that's 5 guys who can all hit from outside in the starting lineup, and if Casey gets creative he can probably stagger the lineups so that there are always 2 all-stars on the floor in the playoffs (2 of DeMar/Lowry/Love).

I just don't think we have the pieces the Cavs would want.

Comment

• I really think the offence wouldn't improve nearly as much as some would think. Love's passing is great, but would he see the ball enough for that to make a huge difference? At the same time, you'd be running an offence with no good screen setters. We've seen what happens to the Raptors offence late in games when they stop using bigs to set screens. All the shooting on the floor should help make up for that, but I don't think this offence would really get much better.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Kevin Love is somewhere near the top of the "doesn't actually make your team better" All-Stars.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The oRTG might not see a noticeable uptick, but the ceiling of the offense in any given game would be much higher.

Comment

I think the fit of Love with Ibaka in the frontcourt might be a bit questionable in some matchups. Like I'm not sure what you'd do against Embiid but that's really just one guy (who we can't guard at all anyway even with JV or Poeltl). As far as our main playoff rivals go, Love/Ibaka should be fine against Horford/Baynes, I guess TT/JV for the Cavs, Morris/Gortat.

Plus the dimension it could add to our offense would be very interesting and imo make us the clear-cut best team in the east by quite some distance. Since DeRozan can hit 3s now, that's 5 guys who can all hit from outside in the starting lineup, and if Casey gets creative he can probably stagger the lineups so that there are always 2 all-stars on the floor in the playoffs (2 of DeMar/Lowry/Love).

I just don't think we have the pieces the Cavs would want.
                        Those games with questionable match ups would we ones we'd win with a lights out offence. We'd leave a few teams shell shocked with how many 3's we'd be launching with 5 starters all capable of shooting from distance.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I'm pretty sure Kevin Love is somewhere near the top of the "doesn't actually make your team better" All-Stars.
                          You really don't think adding a player that can average 20 & 10 within the system the Raptors run would not make this team better? I can't believe this is even a debate. If you have an opportunity to add a more talented player you always do and figure it out afterwards.

Comment

The oRTG might not see a noticeable uptick, but the ceiling of the offense in any given game would be much higher.
                            By that argument, so too would the floor drop.

Also, is the ceiling on the offence particularly low right now? There are 87 games this year where a team has scored 125+ points, and the Raptors own 10 of them. The Warriors have 14 of them. Not a lot of room for ceiling growth there. The Cavs, with Love and with LeBron freaking James, have 3 (and for all their defensive uselessness they can still score).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              You really don't think adding a player that can average 20 & 10 within the system the Raptors run would not make this team better? I can't believe this is even a debate. If you have an opportunity to add a more talented player you always do and figure it out afterwards.
                              Yeah, like if you can trade a mid-level PG and a rookie scale PF for a ~20 PPG borderline all-star wing from the Western Conference, you do it and figure it out afterwards, right? That will definitely make your team better. You definitely won't be trading that same wing player away a year later and making the team way better in the process.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                By that argument, so too would the floor drop.

Also, is the ceiling on the offence particularly low right now? There are 87 games this year where a team has scored 125+ points, and the Raptors own 10 of them. The Warriors have 14 of them. Not a lot of room for ceiling growth there. The Cavs, with Love and with LeBron freaking James, have 3 (and for all their defensive uselessness they can still score).
                                Playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X