Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumours Thread (Deadline February 8th, 3pm ET)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    D would still rather that option than all the other options in that set.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Yes, and he's shooting well which means the D is forced to settle for giving up a shot we make well.

Jordan is essentially useless more than 5 ft from the basket and isn't a good post player. And we'd have to add pieces to that trade. We might not get better on either end depending on the pieces involved, even though DJ is a better defender than JV.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Yes, and he's shooting well which means the D is forced to settle for giving up a shot we make well.

Jordan is essentially useless more than 5 ft from the basket and isn't a good post player. And we'd have to add pieces to that trade. We might not get better on either end depending on the pieces involved, even though DJ is a better defender than JV.

I think no question get better at D. Depends which young players. If it's like Fred and Bebe I'm down. I dont think we will be able to retain Fred this summer might as well get something for him.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Fred is actually pretty interesting piece. Playing as well as anyone could of expected. Raps probably have no chance at resigning him. Is he flipped for something in the next week? His value has to be at an all time high.

You did pay Powell all that money. I think you want to get him back in the rotation before playoffs. As he has proven to be one of your better performers there. I don't see him regaining minutes with both Wright and Fred playing so well.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think no question get better at D. Depends which young players. If it's like Fred and Bebe I'm down. I dont think we will be able to retain Fred this summer might as well get something for him.

And what do the Clips get out of that? Bebe is useless. Fred is an upcoming free agent. JV can opt out of his deal next year. Basically they get no long term pieces.

Fred basically can only have value to a playoff team ok with a rental. Maybe a 2nd rounder. He doesn't boost a package for a star because of his contract situation.

Teams want prospects and picks they can control when they trade all stars. We are just not a good trade partner.

Comment

• Here’s a different angle. You know towards the end of the season when certain veteran but quality players are bought out and then we are all frustrated when they join one of the teams that are elite already? Any chance we might be one of those elite teams that everyone gets mad at? That would be a nice change.

Comment

Fred is actually pretty interesting piece. Playing as well as anyone could of expected. Raps probably have no chance at resigning him. Is he flipped for something in the next week? His value has to be at an all time high.

You did pay Powell all that money. I think you want to get him back in the rotation before playoffs. As he has proven to be one of your better performers there. I don't see him regaining minutes with both Wright and Fred playing so well.

I think raptors are more interested in having its best 10 players ready for playoffs, then force feeding powell because of his contact. Best shot at the nba finals in franchise history. (I guess 2001 is debateable but whatever)
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Here’s a different angle. You know towards the end of the season when certain veteran but quality players are bought out and then we are all frustrated when they join one of the teams that are elite already? Any chance we might be one of those elite teams that everyone gets mad at? That would be a nice change.
                Some of us have already been saying that's our best option. Just try to get the right guy when he's waived.

We don't have a good mix of assets to trade during the season.

Comment

And what do the Clips get out of that? Bebe is useless. Fred is an upcoming free agent. JV can opt out of his deal next year. Basically they get no long term pieces.

Fred basically can only have value to a playoff team ok with a rental. Maybe a 2nd rounder. He doesn't boost a package for a star because of his contract situation.

Teams want prospects and picks they can control when they trade all stars. We are just not a good trade partner.

Clippers actually want to rebuild on the on fly. They dont want to bottom out. JV is starter material, Fred is a legit back up in this league and Bebe is a stats monster just on a deep team. It all doesn't matter. Masai won't make trade with the team playing this well.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Clippers actually want to rebuild on the on fly. They dont want to bottom out. JV is starter material, Fred is a legit back up in this league and Bebe is a stats monster just on a deep team. It all doesn't matter. Masai won't make trade with the team playing this well.

Lmao "Bebe is a stats monster"

They get nothing for a rebuild of any kind in this deal, assuming you buy that "rebuild on the fly" nonsense at all. They just traded their best player and have been shopping their next best players as well. They are rebuilding, period. And your offer gives them no long-term value.

Comment

Lmao "Bebe is a stats monster"

They get nothing for a rebuild of any kind in this deal, assuming you buy that "rebuild on the fly" nonsense at all. They just traded their best player and have been shopping their next best players as well. They are rebuilding, period. And your offer gives them no long-term value.

They got back two above average starters. Harris/Bradley don't really scream "tank". You can "LMAO" all you want but, stats have always loved Bebe. Which makes sense with him being an effecient finisher and elite shot blocker.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• It may be too early to start talking about this but I just started looking into things after posting in the Vince thread. He is shooting 39% from 3. But the splits are more interesting. With 1 day rest he’s. 11%. With 2 days rest he’s 33% and with 3+ days rest he’s 57% (and that’s the segment where he’s taken the most threes this year, 21 for 37). For a playoff series with space between games (or better yet, between series) that could be helpful. Certainly might give a boost in Game 1’s.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/split...l/vince-carter

Comment

They got back two above average starters. Harris/Bradley don't really scream "tank". You can "LMAO" all you want but, stats have always loved Bebe. Which makes sense with him being an effecient finisher and elite shot blocker.

Bradley is expiring and Harris is exactly the kind of not quite all star you build around when you tank. Then they got picks as well.

Bebe sucks. Stats lie in his case. He's soft and dumb. Oh and his contract is also running out.

Comment

Bradley is expiring and Harris is exactly the kind of not quite all star you build around when you tank. Then they got picks as well.

Bebe sucks. Stats lie in his case. He's soft and dumb. Oh and his contract is also running out.

Well Woj reported that they are not planning on tanking. That they want "to rebuild on the fly" I'll take his word over yours. Should be interesting what they get for DAJ.

It's nice to know that stats lie when it comes to players you dont like. I'll keep that in mind.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well Woj reported that they are not planning on tanking. That they want "to rebuild on the fly" I'll take his word over yours. Should be interesting what they get for DAJ.

It's nice to know that stats lie when it comes to players you dont like. I'll keep that in mind.

They lie with Bebe. He is physically anf mentally soft. How else do you explain a supposed stats monster not being able to crack the rotation for a coach who values length and shotblocking?

And his word is what he hears from sources, not opinion. If they deal Jordan and even Williams, they will have traded their core and one of their top role players all within a year. When's the last time a team did that and didn't suck for some time? Rebuild on the fly is a term you use mid season because it plays better in the media than "we're going to trade our core and suck".

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks adding a player who provides a slight uptick in 3-pt shooting but simultaneously detracts from the defence might not be a net gain for the Raptors? Guys like Siakam being able to defend multiple positions and switch nearly all screens is a HUGE part of the D finally creeping into the top 5. That defence only works when most of the guys on the floor can do it. Masai has very intentionally been getting those kinds of players - good character, hustle, long, athletic, multiskilled, team-first guys. I'm not convinced sacrificing that to take a shot at Ilyasova or Mirotic should be much of a priority.

I do really like how Mirotic is playing this year, but it's a bit concerning that he's outperforming his normal career production.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X