This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Seriously one sided. Why do the Clippers do this?
    Would you trade a young piece, a role player and sign and trade a player you might have no interest in resigning for a 4 time all star; 2nd team All NBA player?

I would..: depends on how much they value SGA. Do they think he’s going to be more then a fringe starter

Comment

• Who wins the trade is based on who gets the better player.

But it’s all eye of the beholder. DeRozan to the RR faithful is mostly undervalued

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        Would you trade a young piece, a role player and sign and trade a player you might have no interest in resigning for a 4 time all star; 2nd team All NBA player?

I would..: depends on how much they value SGA. Do they think he’s going to be more then a fringe starter
        Well they just traded a 5 time all star for essentially this exact package, so I doubt they'd suddenly decide to do a 180.

Comment

• That 5 time all star is injury prone, has had off the court issues and had a horrible contract. Very different scernio

Comment

• Bobby Marks has a free agent primer out there.. Really good break down of all teams needs/situations:
            http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ons-every-team

Comment

• OK. Clippers do a deal to be competitive (why trade for Gortat unless you still want to be decent once DAJ is gone?). Mavs want to get DAJ and keep some cap room to play with. Raptors want a prospect, pick and solid role player return for DeRozan, and to shed long term salary.

DeRozan to Clips.
              DAJ and Norman Powell to Mavs.
              SGA, Matthews, Dwight Powell to Raps.

Clippers break even in salary, keep Harris (the core return on Griffin) and one of their recent lotto picks.

Mavs get DAJ, and swap 27M in salary in Matthews and Powell for a cheaper wing with upside on a 9M deal. That eats up only 6M of their cap room this summer, and lets them either take on a salary for assets (after getting the big FA they wanted) or signing a FA to complement the core they've put together. No sense in them not going for it, they don't have a pick next year unless they are bottom 5 (and they'd prefer to send the pick ASAP before that top 5 protection goes away). The price they pay for flexibility this summer is the long term salary on Powell's deal.

Raptors get a prospect they coveted, a wing role player on an expiring contract, and a very underrated PF (who happens to be Canadian - which helps along with SGA with the PR hit on moving DeMar). They shed long term salary, both next summer (which is important) and into the 2020's. They also shed a few million this year, which will help with re-signing FVV.

Raps would need to follow up by finding a landing place for Ibaka (I do think the Knicks would swap Noah + assets for him) or Powell could be flipped. But an overstuffed roster is not the worst place to be, so long as the salary is manageable.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Blow it up:

To Raps: Parsons + Wes Matthews+ JJJ + Shae Gilgeous-Alexander. Why: 2 1st round picks
                To Clippers: Lowry. Why: Turn DAJ into Lowry, instead of losing him for nothing.
                To Mavs: DAJ + J. Robinson. Why: Get an extra 1st round pick instead of signing Jordan outright
                To Grizzlies: Derozan + Evans (filler). Why: dump Parsons and get a win-now All-Star SG.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7s7drdk
                Last edited by golden; Wed Jun 27, 2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• I'm holding out hope on a miracle Kawhi trade to Toronto.. but plan B would definitely be a DD to LAC with us getting Matthews, Powell and SGA. Love that deal.

Still not convinced that Dallas wants Norm but if Masai can pull it off.. wowzers.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I'm holding out hope on a miracle Kawhi trade to Toronto.. but plan B would definitely be a DD to LAC with us getting Matthews, Powell and SGA. Love that deal.

Still not convinced that Dallas wants Norm but if Masai can pull it off.. wowzers.
                    I doubt they'd want Norm. It would just be the price of them maintaining flexibility this summer (they essentially use up only a tiny bit of cap space in signing DAJ). But they could also use the wing depth if they are shedding the bigger Matthews salary, so it's not like it's dead salary either.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm convinced norms stock is a little higher around the NBA than it is here. People will still remember his early playoff performances, and he's got the physical tools. I think a change of scenery would be just what the doctor ordered. I still think he's a trade ballast, not a "dead weight" asset
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I'm convinced norms stock is a little higher around the NBA than it is here. People will still remember his early playoff performances, and he's got the physical tools. I think a change of scenery would be just what the doctor ordered. I still think he's a trade ballast, not a "dead weight" asset
                        Some people here forget what he did before this season. This season he was in a weird place on the team. The bench mob gained chemistry, played together. Norm got injured early in the season, and his minutes were all over the place when he came back, he’d play 20 mins one game, 4 mins the next game and then 10 mins the game after that. Its hard to get into a rhythm like that.

Hes a young player who has had strong moments in the Playoffs, he definitely has more value than some people here think he does.

Comment

• The issue is his 4 year term I think more than his $$$. That's a big term to lock into a guy that might not have it anymore. Ross only had 2 years on his deal before we shipped him for an example. Hopefully teams don't mind the term on his contract.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The issue is his 4 year term I think more than his $$$. That's a big term to lock into a guy that might not have it anymore. Ross only had 2 years on his deal before we shipped him for an example. Hopefully teams don't mind the term on his contract.
                            It could be looked at with a glass half full as well. If he doesn't Improve much, well he's still warm body at the end of the bench without a back breaker of a contract. If he does improve, you've got him locked up on a great deal. It's almost impossible to have am impact guy at 11 million anymore
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Philadelphia 76ers and LA Clippers are among teams who've made offers to the Spurs for Leonard, league sources said.
                              http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...?sf192689393=1

I hope we made/make an offer too. Sigh.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...?sf192689393=1

I hope we made/make an offer too. Sigh.
                                Our only hope is really if the offers are thin. If those teams are in a full on bidding war, our best offer falls short quickly.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X