X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    sounds like Chicago is going to match
    If they do then Norm for Koufus and sign Ellington on the cheap could actually be a sick off season for us.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      They'd only be paying about $3-5M for him though.. OKC would be paying most of his contract (assuming they can't find a trade partner).
      The money doesn't matter. Adding him would be subtracting from what they're trying to build.

Comment

• rapaholic wrote: View Post
        I feel like we are probably going to be running back basically the same roster this year. If we make a move I don't believe its going to involve KL, Demar or JV. Its not sexy but I guess I'm kind of resigned to and don't mind competing again. I do think we have a chance to come out of the east with this group. We aren't going to win a title so we can only dream of maybe signing 2 max free agents in summer of 2020 when we will have the money to do so. Our biggest goal should be trying to get out from under Norms 4 years 9 million per deal (one of only a couple deals still on our cap that summer). I have one trade that would likely make sense for both teams involved.

TOR trades: Norman Powell & Serge Ibaka

DAL trades: Wesley Matthews & Dwight Powell

Well thought out, but the thing is the perceived value of Mathews + Dwight is much higher now than Serge+Norm atm . As far as 3&D vets, Mathews is looking quite better than Serge now, and Dwight is looking like a better prospect than norm. Dallas wouldn't do it.

The problem is Norm & Serge had the worst season of their careers just now. So as much as we'd like to clear cap space, their value are at an all-time low right now, and therefore not the ideal time to move them. I believe both Serge + Norm are much better players than they showed last year and can only go up from where they were.

Norm got caught on a big overhaul in our offence that didn't favour him, but I think Nurse will put him in an environment where he can succeed.

Serge can be a great weapon if engaged, rested, and used appropriately in the offence. The problem is he's widely, widely inconsistent (like, dude goes from owning both ends of the floor, like early in the WIZ series where he posted the best +/- in Raptors playoff history, to being a flat-out complete liability out there). To me that sounds more like tactical/coaching misusage, or asking the player do stuff in the middle of the playoffs he's never really done before (like driving from the 3pt line over and over). Of course the player has to own what he does on floor, but as a coach you gotta play to his strengths.

Comment

• When you wont get any minutes but you can still get a ring for showing up to practice.

Comment

• I think Jerebko is going to be more important to the Warriors than Boogie, to be honest. Boogie is coming off a brutal injury and won't play for the first half of the season.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Boogie is a locker room cancer, Pelicans didn't want him back. But the good thing about Warriors is that they can just drop Boogie if he becomes troublesome without feeling a dropoff.

Comment

• On other more tragic news: Former Raptor's player Clifford Rozier passed away at the age of 45 after suffering a heart attack.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Boogie is a locker room cancer, Pelicans didn't want him back. But the good thing about Warriors is that they can just drop Boogie if he becomes troublesome without feeling a dropoff.
                  That's not entirely true. Apparently they made him a contract offer during the regular season. It wasn't anywhere close to max and I agree with you that generally he probably takes more away from a teams chemistry than he adds in production, that is if the reports are true.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    That's not entirely true. Apparently they made him a contract offer during the regular season. It wasn't anywhere close to max and I agree with you that generally he probably takes more away from a teams chemistry than he adds in production, that is if the reports are true.
                    Well a report indicate then Anthony Davis did not want Cousins back because the Pelicans played better with Mirotic in the lineup but there has to be more then that...time will only tell.

Comment

• Woj Bomb

Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando are close to a trade that would send Timofey Mozgov to the Magic, Bismack Biyombo to the Hornets and Julyan Stone to the Bulls, tweets ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. Bulls guard Jerian Grant will also go to Orlando in the deal,

Comment

• Why does it feel like everyone is making moves but us? I guess we don't really need to since we were at the top of the east, but it sure would be nice to cement the position and get some insurance. Obviously we could try to get more production from the roster spot held by Norm, but perhaps they want to give him another year to see if he can regain his form.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Why does it feel like everyone is making moves but us? I guess we don't really need to since we were at the top of the east, but it sure would be nice to cement the position and get some insurance. Obviously we could try to get more production from the roster spot held by Norm, but perhaps they want to give him another year to see if he can regain his form.
                          Boston and 76ers haven't. All the teams below us in the East are making minor moves.

Comment

• I think Kawhi not moving has kept a lot of trades from happening thus far. Once he and Kevin Love are traded to Toronto in a scenario where we give up next to nothing, all will be well.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                              Boston and 76ers haven't. All the teams below us in the East are making minor moves.
                              Boston and Philly didn't need to make moves.

Boston nearly made the NBA finals WITHOUT KYRIE AND HAYWARD. Plus they are a young team and still getting better.

Philly is another example of a team that should grow leaps and bounds this year just based on young guys getting better.

Indiana has made some low key decent moves.

I have us pegged at 3rd in the East right now as we are currently built.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                Woj Bomb

Charlotte, Chicago and Orlando are close to a trade that would send Timofey Mozgov to the Magic, Bismack Biyombo to the Hornets and Julyan Stone to the Bulls, tweets ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. Bulls guard Jerian Grant will also go to Orlando in the deal,
                                Chicago saves about $4.2M in that deal. They just waived Stone ($1.6M) and Grant was making $2.6M. They should have more than $27M in cap space before they officially match the LaVine offer sheet.

Really looking like they will get Melo and a pick and then waive Melo. They can afford him into cap space now... or we could send them DeMar and get a really big TPE and a pick back

Not entirely sure why the Biyombo for Mozgov deals.. maybe to give Bismack some playing time in Charlotte his ex team. And for Orlando to get a decent guy for the locker room who won't care if he doesn't play?

Comment

Working...
                                X