This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Yup.. so many iterations. Lowry, Kawhi and JV are shoe ins.. than it's a matter of figuring out who works best with those three guys. Some combo of OG, Siakam, Green, Wright or Serge.
    I think they HAVE to at least give a lot of rope to OG and Serge, considering that lineup with DeMar was one of the best heavy usage lineups in the league. Then try some other stuff if it doesn't work.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I have a whole article written that should be posting shortly.
      I can say without reservation that I am thrilled that you were right, and I was wrong about DeRozan's value to San Antonio.

Look forward to your article.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Are you sure about that? The DeMarre Carroll injury situation was a disaster.
        Fair enough. However, I'll gladly rephrase that to saying that their medical staff has a better reputation than SA's. There's no one with the rep of Alex M. working for SA Spurs medical staff. Kawhi ended up rehabbing with the Sixers doctor -- the Raps at least won't misdiagnose the guy.

Comment

Next summer, if Kawhi and Green both leave, the Raptors will have removed DeRozan, Poeltl and their 2019 pick from the books, saving them 30M in salary and about 50M in taxes.

It's a worst case scenario (ideally you keep Kawhi and are awesome for a long time), but as far as worst case scenarios go, it's a pretty good one.
          Kawhi’s birdrights, Raptors retaining this and what is the financial implication if he resigns, how it affects the overall team’s salary

Danny Green’s expiring is an asset as well.

Comment

• Holy fuck.

I don't know what to say, if DeMar is really upset... oh dear.

But this trade is a win.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              Kawhi’s birdrights, Raptors retaining this and what is the financial implication if he resigns, how it affects the overall team’s salary

Danny Green’s expiring is an asset as well.
              We have his Bird Rights, we can offer him 32.7M starting salary with 8% raises and 5 years (others can offer 5% and 4), and if we do re-sign him, we'll be deep in the tax (about where we are now) even if we let Wright and Green walk. But if they can keep Kawhi, I doubt they blink at a tax bill. And it eases up in 2020 for sure.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Let's see how Pops handles the Rudy + DeMar experiment 2.0.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Let's see how Pops handles the Rudy + DeMar experiment 2.0.
                  The Spurs are now kind of my nightmare scenario.... Aldridge, Gay and DeMar on one team? That's a lot of bad shots.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Another thing..if he doesn't sign with raps..he will loose around 60-65 million on 5 year max money...d@#n..that's whole a lot of doe 2 pass off..I don't care who u are..that would b dumb..
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

We have his Bird Rights, we can offer him 32.7M starting salary with 8% raises and 5 years (others can offer 5% and 4), and if we do re-sign him, we'll be deep in the tax (about where we are now) even if we let Wright and Green walk. But if they can keep Kawhi, I doubt they blink at a tax bill. And it eases up in 2020 for sure.
                      I guess it eases the pain in his pocket for not staying with the Spurs and getting the supermax. The 80 million he lose for not resigning with the Spurs can be lessened if he stays with the Raptors vs. going somewhere else due to the bird rights retained.

If They keep him its automatic deep playoffs run for years to come, ownership can definitely recoup the tax burden with how much business a Kawhi Leonard can generate.

If they lose him, money saved.

Comment

• The only thing I'm sad about is now we probably won't have any Raps news for a couple of months

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          The Spurs are now kind of my nightmare scenario.... Aldridge, Gay and DeMar on one team? That's a lot of bad shots.

One on one galore.

Pop may just retire, lol.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            Another thing..if he doesn't sign with raps..he will loose around 60-65 million on 5 year max money...d@#n..that's whole a lot of doe 2 pass off..I don't care who u are..that would b dumb..
                            50 million. Mostly because of the extra term. If we are comparing 4 year terms, by going elsewhere he will be dropping by about $1.5M per year.

The Raptors have some incentive to offer, but let's be realistic here. This deal is and has always been about this coming year trying to convince him to stay for reasons beyond offering an extra year.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              The only thing I'm sad about is now we probably won't have any Raps news for a couple of months

Oh, we have a roster spot or two to fill. Might get some Bebe news!
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd say try and flip Norm for a backup center if possible. Definitely need another big
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X