X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    https://youtu.be/rfKxuavRxzs

Another one with lots of Raptors stuff. This time with bonus Serge Ibaka looking terrible.
    He looked bad in africa game and bad here lol. Theres no hope for him lol. I'm not holding my breath that he'll bounce back. OG and Pascal at the 4 all day! lol
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      Rico Hines was quite insightful -- there's a reason he runs the best pickup ball in the off-season. None of that Drew League bull shit (sorry DeMar).

Makes you really put it into perspective that people know the Raptors are good, especially because he kept referring to how well they played not only during pick-up, but that they did it during the season.

Good stuff, man. Thanks for sharing that.
      Bang on. What got my attention was he referred to the fact that they had taken another step, as compared to last year and, presumably, last season. If he see's improvement in their play, that's good enough for me.

Comment

https://youtu.be/rfKxuavRxzs

Another one with lots of Raptors stuff. This time with bonus Serge Ibaka looking terrible.
        I finally watched the vid and Serge didn't look that bad. The only time he looked mess was when he would try to dribble and I think we've all agreed he needs to stop doing that completely. But other than that he looked decent.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
          So I'm probably missing a bunch, but in the video I saw: Delon, FVV, Siakam, Monroe, Lorenzo Brown, Norman Powell, 2 others with Raptors shirts.

Who was the short shorts kid with the UCLA shirt? He was smooth.
          The ones you missed: OG, Loyd, Boucher and M. Richardson.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            I finally watched the vid and Serge didn't look that bad. The only time he looked mess was when he would try to dribble and I think we've all agreed he needs to stop doing that completely. But other than that he looked decent.
            Yeah, I was being a little facetious. He looks bad the first few plays on each end but is fine thereafter. It's just fun (and the flavour of the day) to dump on Serge. Heck, I think he should be starting at PF.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, I was being a little facetious. He looks bad the first few plays on each end but is fine thereafter. It's just fun (and the flavour of the day) to dump on Serge. Heck, I think he should be starting at PF.
              Lol it is. He's just sooooooo bad when he dribbles. It's crazy how bad his hands are at times. Very much like Bizmack in that sense lol. But yea when he sticks to catching and shooting on offence and actually gives a fuck on defence he is still pretty good. We need to just dumb everything down for him and take away any freedom Casey gave him on offence.

Comment

• 14 second rule on an offensive rebound is a stupid rule.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

14 second rule on an offensive rebound is a stupid rule.
                  The change to the clear path rule is good.
                  Last edited by Puffer; Fri Aug 24, 2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

No its great. Now we don't have to watch Demar dribble 20+ seconds off after we get another possession.

O wait nvm.

But I still like it.

Comment

Why? The only other significant return of possession in the frontcourt (non-shooting fouls) give 14 seconds.

The 24 second shot clock is intended to cover transitioning to the frontcourt and frontcourt play. With an offensive board you don't have to do the first part - 14 seconds is plenty.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Some Raps content in here

Comment

Why? The only other significant return of possession in the frontcourt (non-shooting fouls) give 14 seconds.

The 24 second shot clock is intended to cover transitioning to the frontcourt and frontcourt play. With an offensive board you don't have to do the first part - 14 seconds is plenty.
                            https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...s-report-says/

It will be interesting to see if early in the season there are some extra shot clock violations because players aren't used to the shorter reset. Most likely, though, it shouldn't change the game too much. Most shots after offensive rebounds are immediate putbacks or kickouts for quick 3-pointers.
                            More kickouts with less time, means bigs will get even less touches for a play and more 3 pointer shots will go to the guards. I for one do not like this current trend that we are in to continue to grow.

One area it will definitely change, though, is end of game situations. If a team is trying to hold on to a lead late in the game and they get an offensive rebound, they will almost always try to pull the ball out and use up the entire extra 24 seconds. Now, they'll only have 14 seconds. That could end up making a difference in some close games.
                            Is that good?!

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...s-report-says/

More kickouts with less time, means bigs will get even less touches for a play and more 3 pointer shots will go to the guards. I for one do not like this current trend that we are in to continue to grow.

Is that good?!
                              I absolutely think so. I'd rather see teams play basketball at the end of games rather than stand still just dribbling, wouldn't you?

As for the more kickouts... did you read the whole sentence you quoted? Most offensive boards are putbacks or kickouts already. The only thing that will change for bigs is the scenario where the ball gets taken out, no immediate shot is taken, and a new play is run - and I'm not sure it's obvious that that would impact bigs any more than any other player.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Yes he did!
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X