Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm the Nets, then I don't make a deal for Butler this season.

By voting the two NY teams as well as the Clippers, he's indicating he wants to play in one of the big US media markets already - so acquiring him before the season to 'sell' him on the city isn't really necessary. (So, unlike the Raptors situation with Kawhi)

If you acquire Butler, then it'll likely mean more wins for the Nets, moving them further down the draft list, in a draft with a perceived lot of talent at the top.

With Butler this season in a weird Eastern Conference, they might conceivably finish 8th to 10th in the East, and then begin the process of trying to woo star players with the cap space and Jarred Allen.

If they don't acquire Butler, then they'll likely finish further down the Eastern Conference standings, and then be trying to woo players with both Allen and, say, Cam Reddish on the team.

With the general parity of the teams vying for the 5 through 8 seeds in the East, could see the Nets trying to leverage their expiring contracts into future assets to those teams, rather than using them for Butler.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Minnesota's Jimmy Butler is most determined to find a way to the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell ESPN. The appeal of partnering with a second star - the Clippers have two max contract slots available in summer free agency - is an intriguing scenario for him.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 20, 2018

Unfrekinbelievable. Isn't there supposed to be rules against this kind of shit? Like, at what point you call it tampering? He's still under contract for another whole year ffs. Way to go out of your way to punch your team in the gut right before the season starts.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Unfrekinbelievable. Isn't there supposed to be rules against this kind of shit? Like, at what point you call it tampering? He's still under contract for another whole year ffs. Way to go out of your way to punch your team in the gut right before the season starts.
        There's no rule against a player indicating they want to be somewhere else.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Yeah I know. It was more of a rhetorical question. Doesn't sound right/ethical to me that non-free agents are able to do this, but that's just my opinion. Unfortunately there's no rule in the book preventing them to do so.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            It's the usual "don't know where their lane is" attitude. Puts the whole NBA at risk. Biting the hand that feeds them has consequences and self policing is forgotten. Silver just cracked the whip big time with Cuban... time he had a little pow-wow with the PA and the agents I think. This kind of free for all last-year contract disregard is ridiculous and upsetting the balance.

Comment

• Player are allowed to do this. I have no problem with it. The only time it was an issue was when KD joined the Warriors. Butler can go to the Clippers - but they are and will always be a joke.

Comment

Would Minny want say Tobias Harris and a prospect for Butler? Probably, yes.
                Would they? What if Thibs is old school like Pops and Larry Bird, and won't trade an all-star in conference? After all, Minny will want to get better, and might not want to help a rival to go from crap to contender next summer.

And if they are willing to, would they just set a stupid high price? The Clippers can't afford that. Tobias Harris is a good player, but is already 26 and doesn't really scream all-star. I just don't see what they have that the Wolves would be eager to trade with them, unless LAC is willing to give up Gilgeous-Alexander. Mostly they have a few decent veteran players, but none are that attractive as pieces. Bradley? Scott? Gallinari? Mbah a Moute? Beverley? Lou? So little to really get you excited about trading with them. And no attractive pick to throw in. This year's is already traded to Boston (lottery protected, but still already spent the asset).

So yeah, I think we'll have to see asking price and how eager Minny is to work with a team in-conference.

Honestly, if the best they can get from the Clips is Tobias + something (and that something isn't SGA), they can get comparable offers from NYK or Brooklyn and send him out of conference.

Comment

• Which ever way Thibs handle this.. if there isnt a winning product on the floor this season, he can kiss this job goodbye.

Comment

• I'm with Stephen Jackson on this one.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maybe this will light a fire under Wiggins. Doubt it though.
                      I remember when Wiggins was a great defender in his rookie year - then it all went down hill. The only time where I see him impact the game is when hes in Toronto playing Raptors.

Comment

• Sometimes the NBA drama is better than the product. If you start googling the stuff about Jackson, Nick Wiggins and Jimmy Butler; you eventually find out about how Jimmy Butler slept with KAT's girl. Which is a reason why hes requesting out. Not confirmed though, but seems plausible given the evidence.

Comment

There's no rule against it but it's a shitty thing to do it in this fashion. My stand on this is kind of nuanced so bear with me.

If you want out, fine. I don't think it's professional to demand out of a contractual obligation but at least you are giving the team an opportunity to recoup some value in assets rather than leading the team on and ghosting (which is what Bosh did).

What I have a problem with is when these players leak their team choices to the media in an effort to force where they end up. It removes so much leverage from your team's hands. If you want to go somewhere specific, tell the team but keep it quiet, so they can control the process and the bids. You have control over your destiny and location when you are a free agent, not when you are already under contract.

I've always loved Jimmy Butler but this all smells pretty shitty.

Comment

• I don't want Jimmy Butler if hes just sleeping with all these THOTs. Disrupting team chemistry. Reminds me of PG and Roy Hibbert all over again.

The dream is that the Wolves have to keep Jimmy and KAT wants out. Then we trade for KAT instead.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              I'm with Stephen Jackson on this one.

These athletes acting like rappers now. So corny. Stephen jackson you're like 42. "We'll see each other in traffic" like some type of threat lol

And then Wiggins "I keep that energy" or whatever as they go back and forth on their social media accounts
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Wiggins bros needs to zip it. Period.

Andrew Wiggins really just posted "i keep the same energy wherever i go"

He should've added "whenever i play the Raptors and the Cavs"

Let's be honest he only plays hard against those 2 teams. And the scouting report on him since he was in Kansas was that he was a non chalant player. He's still the same guy.

And why is Nick Wiggins talkin all this shit?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X