Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Playoff Preview: Predictions on Rounds 1 and 2. Whose going to the Finals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but the award is for moves done this season. Masai did all his good work (exception, OG slipping to us, which is kind of lucky) in previous seasons.

It's a flaw in the award, but it's a flaw that's there. Guys who work slowly don't win GM awards. Just like players like DeMar don't win MIP. C'est la vie.
    Also a minor pet peeve that the Sixth Man award has been reduced to Bench Shooting Guard With Highest PPG of the Year Award. Used to be a lot more variety in the recipients if you look at the history.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Executive of the year is Morey and then probably Pritchard (everyone made fun of him but his moves turned out to be stellar) followed by probably Colangelo.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Also a minor pet peeve that the Sixth Man award has been reduced to Bench Shooting Guard With Highest PPG of the Year Award. Used to be a lot more variety in the recipients if you look at the history.
        True that....
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Comment

Houston punches their ticket to the second round ...The Mormons looked like they were about to board the round 2 express as well but Chokelahoma got up from a standing eight count and won the fight last night. Have to wonder just how many miracles are left in the NewLooks cupboard or if they have used them all in this series with the Pacers. Lebron continues to defy genetic science as he actually improves with age.

Had to watch the replay of the Raps game due to prior loyalties. The black armband is on again for the 51st summer in a row. Really close game till the 4th when the raps went from 4th to 5th gear. Curious maybe only to me that the NBA gerrymandered Davis out of his crew of Kennedy and Spooner to work the game with Ayote and Gol. They nailed all the travelling and out of bounds shit..but I think the Raps came second on the contact and shot continuation calls. Regardless... down the stretch the Raps put the Wiz away on the back of a JV, Lowry, Delon, DD and Miles set and survived the game management of crew chief Marc Davis. They’re going through Friday to the next round.

Tonight in the East..and with the only game on Tap as the biggest dog in pro sports holds day 1 of its draft tonight

Chowders @ Bucks Like the series with the Raps/Wiz both teams have held serve. No different tonight and in an elimination game the Bucks on the back of the alphabet set up a game 7. Bucks W.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 26, 2018, 12:09 PM.
            - TGO

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

For somebody named Kelly he talks a lot of shit
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

As much as I want us to wrap this up in 6, oubre and Beal ("you still gotta win on the road to win a series") aren't quite understanding how playoffs work. It's YOU who needs to solve the ACC..we technically don't have to figure out your stupid arena. It's called home court dumbasses
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  As much as I want us to wrap this up in 6, oubre and Beal ("you still gotta win on the road to win a series") aren't quite understanding how playoffs work. It's YOU who needs to solve the ACC..we technically don't have to figure out your stupid arena. It's called home court dumbasses
                  Funny thing is they couldn't beat Celtics at their place last season as well. So they lost like 7 straight road games
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

There are so many unlikable guys on the Wizards. Would be great for the league to see that team getting blown up.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      There are so many unlikable guys on the Wizards. Would be great for the league to see that team getting blown up.
                      That is one of the more fascinating decisions in off season.... There is talent there and they have the 15th pick this year to add depth which is an issue for them. Yet the mix of personalities on that team isn’t optimum. Think they stick it out one more year with what they got and hope they can avoid the injury curse that hit them hard this year.

Thibs won’t blow it up in Minny but he has personal decisions to make on Teague and Wiggins.

Neil Oshey has some inquiries to make as well and Portland is picking in the 24th spot...Minny has a need for a PG and the Blazers as constructed aren’t good enough and have something to offer in Lillard or McCollum to get a change of direction. Portland got curbstomped by Anthony Davis and crew. This is the most likely team for a real reboot.

Sam Presti is running out of rabbits to pull out of his hat if Chokelahoma does fall to the Jazz. He is stuck so to speak with the one man team that is Russell Westbrook and he will pay the price for Carmelo who is back for one more year. If Paul George leaves Trader Sam who doesn’t have a pick in this year’s draft will be busy again on the FA front.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 26, 2018, 12:05 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Bucks force a win or go home in Boston. The Chowders gave it a run last night but its really hard to win on the road in the NBA and especially hard when you struggle to score. There just isn't a go to guy right now for the greenies. The Alphabet filled it up and I thought Parker played well for the Deer.....

Tonight in the Association

Raps at Whiz The Wiz are saying all the right things.... but.... Porter is nicked up with a bone bruise and even if he does go it won't be at full tilt. Mensa candidate Kelly Oubre has provided bulletin board material as has John Wall....but to a lesser degree than Lazurus Oubre. The Whiz have been playing all the starters heavy minutes and its starting to wear and take its toll.

The Raps are coming off a win at home and seem to have staunched the bleeding on unforced and just sloppy turnovers. Unlike the Wiz who are starting to lose guys the Raps are still pretty healthy and look to be getting players back with Fred really close. Being the homer I am I think the Raps lost game 4 in DC more than the Wiz won it....

The Wiz have been an inconsistent team all year long... They go into Boston or Cleveland.. win .. then go home and get beat by Orlando or Atlanta...I know its the playoffs.. but its the same team and the same mental makeup.....and they have done this more than once.

Think the Raps play a solid road game tonight .. getting points from everywhere ... and take out the inconsistent Wiz on the road. Raps W.

On the whistle tonight are James Capers (#19) Sean Corbin (#33) Zach Zarba (#15). Not a bad draw at all.

NewLooks at Indy How many more times can Lebron do that... well.. as many until he can't I guess.... Olidipo had an off night and was a brutal 2 of 15. Young and Sabonis made up for it and had Indy out front for a while.... until James reeled them back in on the back of a 42 minutes, 44 points and a buzzer beater .... and the NewLooks won at home by 3.
                        James has to be thinking...wheres the cavalry ? Well James and NewLook cavalry ride into Bankers Fieldhouse tonight and the Pacers are in win or go home mode... and they have to be kicking themselves for letting one get away.... The Pacers step up tonight and set up another game 7 in Cleveland. Pacers W.

Chokelahoma vs Utah Utah had them.. on the mat... foot on the throat and let them up.... and Thunder took the gift and the win in OKC. Gobert got into foul trouble and George and Westbrook blizted them with the perennial DPOY on the bench.The Jazz knew it... they effed up. If the Jazz don't beat the Thunder tonight I think they lose the series. That said... the Thunder still sport Carmelo and the exceptional talents of Westbrook and George ... but Carmelo is past it... Westbrook gets tunnel vision and George is getting rattled by Joe Ingles..... The Jazz knock off the Thunder at home tonight and punch their ticket to the 2nd round.

On the whistle tonight is the crew of Scott Foster (#48) Ron Garretson (#10) Eric Lewis (#42).
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Apr 27, 2018, 01:56 PM.
                        - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I disagree.

I think they're the team that Wizard fans deserve in that I don't even think THEY like their guys which means that they have to watch them for at the very least 82 games a year. They deserve nothing less.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            I disagree.

I think they're the team that Wizard fans deserve in that I don't even think THEY like their guys which means that they have to watch them for at the very least 82 games a year. They deserve nothing less.
                            They probably don't like their guys...but no one cares about the Wiz in Washington. They struggle to sell out playoff games.

Last year I had the chance to go to game 6 of Wiz-Celtics, and there were probably a couple thousand empty seats, and at halftime another two or three thousand people just left (and it was a close game and likely last home game of the year). Completely apathetic fanbase.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Apr 28, 2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Two more teams punch their tickets to the 2nd round..... Your Toronto Raptors and the Utah Jazz... The West is good to go for their semis whereas the East has not one.. but 2 !! game 7's over the weekend to finalize who is advancing.

Lebron took a knee last night in Indy after the Pacers went up by 20 in the third. Ty Lue rested the franchise for the 4th Q to get ready for Sundays win or go home game. Indy crushed them... as bad as Olidpio was in the two prior to this one was as good as he was last night. For Lebron.... I don't think the cavalry is coming.

The Raps played the game that the better team plays.. They hung around in the first half... the third quarter making the tired Wiz work for everthing they got and making sure they expended all their energy.... and then put them away in the 4th. The Wiz were running on fumes and the Raps rolled past an undermanned and sputtering team at the end. Professional win.

Chokelahoma did a Hindenburg. Going down in a magnificent ball of flame exacerbated by one of the more selfish players in the game in Russell Westbrook the Thunder not only lost the game and the series... they likely lost their bet on Paul George staying and any chance to attract another serious player in Free Agency. Russell took pretty much every shot down the stretch cementing his reputation as ball hog emeritus. If its unclear in DC right now... its a black hole in Oklahoma City this morning.

The Weekends Game 7s

Bucks at Chowderheads Heard this question somewhere... Would you rather have home court in game 7 or the best player on the floor ? Tough answer. The Chowders defense is maybe the best in the playoffs and they are going to be at home in a home cooking series. I picked them to win this series because I thought they could get just enough offense to squeak by a Milwaukee team that has its own issues. In a season littered with improbable finishes that went their way, an offense that is one of the poorest in generating points of all the post season combatants and facing a team who has the best player on the floor in what is a one game series.....the chowderheads season comes to a close Saturday night in Boston....The Alphabet wills the Bucks to a win.

Pacers at the NewLooks How much does Lebron have left ? He has been extraordinary this series but even superman has kryptonite to worry about .. and Lebrons kryptonite is the lack of a supporting cast. Lebron will get his on Sunday afternoon ... he will play 40 minutes or more and likely get the Lebron triple double... HOWEVER I am not very confident that the rest of the NewLooks come out of the trees on the flank to help him win this one. The Pacers have won in Cleveland and aren't shitting their pants about having to go there and win again. Lance "the villain" Stevenson is ready to annoy Lebron from the opening tip. Victor Olidipo is a very confident guy right now and well he should be. Will it be enough for the Pacers ? This game is truly a coinflip but I will stick to my year long narrative that the Cavs like all great teams get old in front of your eyes. A changing of the guard is happening in the east and the Pacers in their road yellows show up in the ACC on Tuesday for game one of the eastern semi's.
                              Pacers W.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Apr 28, 2018, 10:07 AM.
                              - TGO

Comment

• I don't see the Pacers winning a game 7 against LeBron. Glad to be wrong about that but I just can't see it. He's way too dominant in game 7s.

Comment

Working...
                                X