Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs! Round 1, Game 2: Washington Wizards 119 - Toronto Raptors 130 (TOR 2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Toronto's core benefits slightly more than Washington core..but these long breaks suck. Game 3 Friday? Bleh.

And only 2 series out of 8 tonight? Come onn
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I think Toronto's core benefits slightly more than Washington core..but these long breaks suck. Game 3 Friday? Bleh.

If old man Serge is gonna play like that every game, then I'm okay waiting a week.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        If old man Serge is gonna play like that every game, then I'm okay waiting a week.
        He's 43 years old..from the knees down

Comment

The long wait might suck for guys who are rhythm shooters like Miles and Lowry. But I'll take the break. Hopefully Fred will be healed up and ready to play. Serge should hopefully have another big game.

Comment

I still haven't seen any explanation for why the week off but it does suck. No excuses for being tired anyway so Serge should be ready to rock and Freddy's shoulder will be 100%

Wiz won't know what hit 'em ....

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
              I still haven't seen any explanation for why the week off but it does suck. No excuses for being tired anyway so Serge should be ready to rock and Freddy's shoulder will be 100%

Wiz won't know what hit 'em ....
              Maple leafs play tonight..Washington capitals playing too? Possibly

Comment

I think its more about the Leafs than the Capitals. Can't share the ACC with two teams who both need to play at night (since its a Monday not a weekend). The NHL playoffs schedule came out first too, so the Leafs had priority.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I think its more about the Leafs than the Capitals. Can't share the ACC with two teams who both need to play at night (since its a Monday not a weekend). The NHL playoffs schedule came out first too, so the Leafs had priority.
                  Yeah but my wonder is why were not playing game 3 thursday

Comment

Yeah but my wonder is why were not playing game 3 thursday
                    Yeah no idea.. Caps are on the road on Thursday so their arena should be free. Checked Capital One arena's bookings and they are apparently free on Thursday:
                    https://capitalonearena.monumentalsp...ork.com/events

So no idea.. unless they want 3 days rest for travelling teams? Is that a thing though in the NBA?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Yeah no idea.. Caps are on the road on Thursday so their arena should be free. Checked Capital One arena's bookings and they are apparently free on Thursday:
                      https://capitalonearena.monumentalsp...ork.com/events

So no idea.. unless they want 3 days rest for travelling teams? Is that a thing though in the NBA?
                      To be clear, it's technically 2 rest days between game days on Tuesday and Friday. The travel thing is a consideration. Of the 8 first round series, 6 have a 2-day break between games 2 and 3. Only the Cavs and Pelicans series have only 1 rest day between games 2 and 3.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think one potential reason for the long breaks in between games in the first round is media coverage - The NBA wants to have every playoff game televised (with good ratings), so during the week, means that one team having an arena conflict, could result in a multiple domino effect. So the Raptors/Wiz playing Friday, not Thursday may not be related to events at the arena in Washington, but could be related to events at arenas in other NBA cities Thursday/Friday night.

Comment

Keep the game plan simple for this one. Nerves should be reduced at this point and with Fred back in the mix I see a convincing win. I'd do what we did in the 4th all game, keep Beal wrapped up tight and let Wall play hero ball. I'd take shots from Morris and Scott over Beal any day. Go underneath on the screens with the big man let Wall take mid rangers if he wants. Our main concern is Beal and Porter, keep them in check and we crush this team.

**edit** Also I would love to see Fred and Delon together matching up against Beal and Wall, John was miserable with Delon guarding him and whenever Lowry needs a break Fred will be hugging Beal like it's his birthday. NO LET UP DEFENSIVELY LET'S GET THIS W

Comment

Is it just assumed or confirmed that Freddy double v is back?

Comment

I'm assuming, can't keep a hungry dog like Fred in the cage with a sore shoulder.

Comment

Is it just assumed or confirmed that Freddy double v is back?
                                No confirmation either way. He went through "most of" practice today, still listed as questionable, they will wait to see how he feels tomorrow.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X